West Ham v Swansea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Swansea

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

West Ham fans suffered again as they thet went down 3-1 away to Fulham , it was another average display from the Hammers who dropped down to 13th in the table ..manager Sam Allardyce left it to assistant manager Neil McDonald to comment after the game ."We have a lot of positives to take, we created a lot of chances and we have people coming back, which adds to the squad and hopefully we'll have better results in the remaining games"

Those results will need to be better if West Ham are to avoid getting dragged further down the table .

Swansea had to settle for a 0-0 draw at Sunderland ...after the recent League Cup heroics manager Michael Laudrup was eager to keep his players feet on the ground and he was happy with their performance ..After all that happened against Chelsea, going to the final, everyone in Swansea is talking about going to that final. No-one had spoken about Sunderland.
"It was very important for me to see how they reacted to that and I'm very pleased."First half we completely dominated, in an away game, against a good side. Clean sheet, a very good performance - that's great for me to say."

Swansea are currently 8th in the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 pm

The way were playing at the moment I expect Swansea to pick up an easy 3 points and to run rings around us.

My prediction - West Ham 0-3 Swansea
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Did you know that West Ham have put in more crosses than any other Premier League side this season (556).

(The problem is we don't have any strikers capable of sticking them into the back of the net!)

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 am

Well, this game is interesting as it is an opportunity for Sam to halt the Hammers slide down the league. I remember when things went wrong at Newcastle he struggled to turn it around and ended up being sacked. Carroll likely to be on the bench, which will give West Ham a much needed attacking bite, but the Swans can be hard to break down (ask Chelsea) so I'll say 1-1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Swansea win three, then draw or lose two, so going for a draw here. 2-2.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm

WEST HAM UNITED:
Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Taylor, Noble, Nolan, Diame, Vaz Te, Jarvis, Carroll.

Subs: Spiegel, Pogatetz, O'Neil, Collison, J.Cole, C.Cole, Chamakh.

SWANSEA CITY:
Tremmel, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Routledge, Hernandez, Michu.

Subs: Cornell, Monk, Tiendalli, Lamah, Dyer, Moore, Shechter.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Andy Carroll starts for the Hammers today, lets see if he can convert one of those crosses that come his way.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:49 pm

HT

West Ham 0-0 Swansea

The Swans keeper has kept the Taffs in the game with a great 1st half display.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 pm

FT

West Ham 1-0 Swansea
1-0 Carroll 77'

Andy Carroll with his first goal at Upton Park has given West Ham all 3 points and a crucial victory.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Hams wrote:The way were playing at the moment I expect Swansea to pick up an easy 3 points and to run rings around us.

Shame on you sir! You under estimate your team! Vital win for West Ham, this is perhaps what they need to start turning it around.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Hams wrote:The way were playing at the moment I expect Swansea to pick up an easy 3 points and to run rings around us.

Shame on you sir! You under estimate your team! Vital win for West Ham, this is perhaps what they need to start turning it around.

We had been playing so poorly recently that I honestly thought Swansea would wipe the floor with us.

Will comment more on the game when I've seen the highlights.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm

The Big Man was immense on his return from injury ,I have a feeling Andy Carroll might make fickle fans and pundits start shovelling copious amounts of "Humble Pie "between their eager to flap gums before this season is over .

redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 am

It was a brilliant return by Andy Carroll who put in a man of the match display against Swansea on Saturday.

We would have scored even more had it not been for the Welsh side's keeper Tremmel who made some great saves.

This was our best display for some time and I thought we deserved the 3 points against a team who play good football.

Now I would like us to try and do better away from home and to see if we can pick up some wins on the road.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Why did Demel not play this game guys? Injured, rotation, or just cos hes .? Some idiot put him in my fantasy football team.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 am

Big Jono wrote:Why did Demel not play this game guys? Injured, rotation, or just cos hes .? Some idiot put him in my fantasy football team.

He was injured. I'm not sure for how long though.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 am

Thanks mate, I sold him for Enrique anyway :)
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 am

massive win for us that takes a lot of pressure of us for the forthcoming run in. sitting on 30 points gives us considerable breathing space, despite many of those below us continuing to pick up points.

we fully deserved the win and should have scored at least three while Swansea only really conjured up a couple of goalmouth scrambles without really doing much else. passing along the backline all day isn't going to get you a goal. i very much saw this as revenge for the crushing defeat at their ground early in the season after we gifted them two stupid goals so the win was extra sweet for me.

having Carroll back was a breath of fresh air after the 'efforts' of Cole and Chamakh. he was comfortably man of the match and caused no end of problems, although i thought he should have done better with a couple of shots. it will be interesting to see how much Liverpool want for him in the Summer as we could do with hanging on to him but anything above £10-12m would be excessive, for sure.

once we start finishing the many chances we're getting things will be a lot less nervy.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am

yeah, 30 points are a good deposit to secure our place in the top fly.

have been having a heavy workload recently. sparing a few minutes on the forum was out of question not to mention watching games. unfortunately things might get even worse in this sense in the future. but i will be missing you guys, doubt not.)))))))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League