Newcastle v Chelsea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Chelsea

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Newcastle had a very important away win over Aston Villa , the game finished 2-1 and the Newcastle fans certainly knew how vital the win was as they celebrated at the final whistle .

Chelsea let a 2-0 lead slip as they allowed Reading to score twice in 3 mins and as the game finished 2-2 , manager Rafael Benitez looked as shocked as the away fans did ..he said after the game ..."it is difficult to take"
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Ah, one of those matches where we expect to lose, and the players can just relax and enjoy themselves. They deserve that kind of break after the fine win at Villa.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 pm

yes maybe ...but there have been many games where a team has been expected to lose and that book goes out of the window ....QPR v Man City ....Reading v Chelsea .....Norwich v Man Utd . I would not be surprised at Newcastle getting something out of this game...2-2
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 am

Conner99 wrote:yes maybe ...but there have been many games where a team has been expected to lose and that book goes out of the window ....QPR v Man City ....Reading v Chelsea .....Norwich v Man Utd . I would not be surprised at Newcastle getting something out of this game...2-2

Yes, it would be nice, but it would be less important to us that the recent win against our table-rivals Villa.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Did you know that no player has scored more Premier League goals from outside the box since August 2011 than Yohan Cabaye (5).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Going for a 2-2 draw here. Chelsea have been poor of late and so other teams will feel they can get a result.

CISSE with both goals for Newcastle. LUIZ and Mata for Chelsea.
Last edited by Tipster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Tipster wrote:Going for a 2-2 draw here. Chelsea have been poor of late and so other teams will feel they can get a result.

CISSE with both goals for Sunderland. LUIZ and Mata for Chelsea.

Cissé with both goals for who????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Tipster wrote:Going for a 2-2 draw here. Chelsea have been poor of late and so other teams will feel they can get a result.

CISSE with both goals for Sunderland. LUIZ and Mata for Chelsea.

Cissé with both goals for who????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks! :D
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Line ups

Newcastle United:
Krul; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Santon; Perch, Cabaye; Gouffran, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Cisse..

subs: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Bigirimana, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Shola Ameobi

Chelsea:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Oscar, Mata, Bertrand; Ba...

subs: Turnbull, Fer, Azpili, Ake, Benayoun, Marin, Torres
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Demba Ba is in Chelsea's starting line with Torres on the bench, What sort of reception will the ex Toon striker receive?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:53 pm

HT

Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

Jonas put Francastle 1-0 ahead on 41' while Ba had to depart with a bloody nose and has been replaced by Torres.

Looks like another disaster for Benitez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:03 pm

FT

Newcastle 3-2 Chelsea
1-0 Gutiérrez 41’
1-1 Lampard 55’
1-2 Mata 61’
2-2 Sissoko 68’
3-2 Sissoko 90'

What a great debut by from Sissoko!

Allez Les Magpies!

Any comments on todays Francastle victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 pm

A wonderfun victory - 3 points where none was expected, but it wasn't a 6-pointer, we didn't prevent table position rivals from getting points. But these 2 wins in a row will make the many many many people who were enjoying our dire spell sick as parrots. And my goodness, what about those people who wanted Pardew sacked :lol: :lol: :lol: The man took us to a 5th place position!!!
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Well thank you Magpies, suck it up Chelsea. Everton have dropped points, the Gooners won, we must, must, MUST win tomorrow!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 am

Well its clear now that Coloccini should have been sent off when he booted Ba in the
face and that Chelsea should have been awarded a penalty for what was very dangerous
play which also resulted in Benitez having to change his plans and bringing on Torres as a replacement so Le Toon were very lucky indeed.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:23 pm

No better an example of a red card i have never seen. Why that kick to the face was not given the proper sanction only the ref can answer. Maybe the ref thinks Ba is a big enough boy to shake that off! broken nose fro the lad ,should have made a lot of Newcastle fans happy ,but was good to see some class shown by some of them when he eventually had to go off.
Talking about class ,don't know if anyone else saw Pardew partake in some gentlemanly touchline etiquette. I don't think there is amore disgusting man in the game when it comes to poor conduct to his fellow professional . It's like the man loses all control over his emotions and is just looking for a foil on that touchline when his nerves get the best of him.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:A wonderfun victory - 3 points where none was expected, but it wasn't a 6-pointer, we didn't prevent table position rivals from getting points. But these 2 wins in a row will make the many many many people who were enjoying our dire spell sick as parrots. And my goodness, what about those people who wanted Pardew sacked :lol: :lol: :lol: The man took us to a 5th place position!!!

see i told you so ... :wink: it was a super win for Newcastle and two fine goals for Sissoko ..90th min winner ..i bet Benitez was as sick as a parrot .

As for Pardew being sacked ...who knows what can happen in football these days , contracts mean nothing ..managers can come and go just like that , i dont think Pardew is in danger of being sacked though with Sissoko in the team .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Conner99 wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:A wonderfun victory - 3 points where none was expected, but it wasn't a 6-pointer, we didn't prevent table position rivals from getting points. But these 2 wins in a row will make the many many many people who were enjoying our dire spell sick as parrots. And my goodness, what about those people who wanted Pardew sacked :lol: :lol: :lol: The man took us to a 5th place position!!!

see i told you so ... :wink: it was a super win for Newcastle and two fine goals for Sissoko ..90th min winner ..i bet Benitez was as sick as a parrot .

As for Pardew being sacked ...who knows what can happen in football these days , contracts mean nothing ..managers can come and go just like that , i dont think Pardew is in danger of being sacked though with Sissoko in the team .

Yes, you told me so - I never realised how good humble pie could taste. :)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Return to Barclays Premier League