Man City v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man City v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Man City had their title chances dented after a 0-0 draw against bottom club QPR , although Man City dominated most of the game and had more chances ..they could not find the back of the net and Roberto Mancini was left a frustrated man at the final whistle ..he said after the game , "We lost two points, this is sure. We played well, we had the chances but didn't score - that is all it is. QPR defended very well and got players behind the ball and Julio Cesar was incredible tonight."

Liverpool had a 2-0 lead against Arsenal at the Emirates , but it proved not enough as a two minute spell in the second half saw the Gunners draw level at 2-2 , the game had plenty of chances but manager Brendan Rodgers was left with a bitter taste in his mouth as he rued what might have been ..."There is an initial disappointment when you are 2-0 up [and draw] but we knew Arsenal were going to have a spell. "We could have had a few more goals but my overriding emotion is one of pride. These players have been brilliant."

An important game for both clubs as Man City try to keep in touch with Man Utd , while Liverpool have their own incentive to win as they try to climb up the table and challenge for those European places .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

We were unlucky not to win in he first meeting at Anfield. Not sure what the result will be.

Coutinho should be making his debut.

I'll go for 2-1 to City.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Did you know that Man City have won 36 and lost just one of their last 41 Premier League home games
and have kept three clean sheets at the Etihad Stadium since losing to Manchester United there in early December.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Coutinho wont be playing in this match.

He has a hamstring that keeps him out this game.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby mrtz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:12 pm

This could get really ugly really fast for Liverpool. Hope the lads step up.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Kompany is injured so lets hope Sturridge and Suarez step up and i hope Suarez doesn't play as deep as he did against Arsenal...

I can't see us getting anything from this game so a point would be a great result.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Kompany is injured so lets hope Sturridge and Suarez step up and i hope Suarez doesn't play as deep as he did against Arsenal...

I can't see us getting anything from this game so a point would be a great result.

Will they be playing Kolo Toure? Lets hope so, he hasn't been playing well.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Tez Arne » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Kolo Toure is at African Nations Cup Davey.

Could go either way this game. We beat them in the cup at their place last season and should have beaten them at Anfield back in August. And Citys draw against QPR in midweek gives me a bit of hope aswell. Rodgers will have done his homework as always... which could simply be, stop David Silva and you stop Man City. Do that and defend well, We might be okay... and sneak a 1-0.
Tez Arne
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 am

Who will they play at the back?

Zabaleta's been on sh*t hot form aswell so i think if we can stop Silva and Zabaleta we could win this one but i don't think we'll do much different than we did at the Emirates.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Tipster » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm pleased that City have got rid of Balotelli, just so they can show what good youngsters they have coming through.

After signing Sturridge and Coutinho, Liverpool have got their squad back to where it used to be. A good defence on paper, while they have a very good midfield.

Liverpool have been doing much better than they started the season, so they can at least get a draw here.

Personally, I'm going for momentum here, stocking my neck out for a 1-3 to Liverpool, the away team.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Manchester City vs Liverpool

Postby Hebert » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 am

City should win this game...but if Luis Suarez is there u never know
Hebert
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Manchester City vs Liverpool

Postby Hebert » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am

Hams wrote:Did you know that Man City have won 36 and lost just one of their last 41 Premier League home games
and have kept three clean sheets at the Etihad Stadium since losing to Manchester United there in early December.

Any more comments or predictions?
Liverpool and Luis Suarez will try to win this game but City has better players.
But u never know...sometimes Liverpool plays very well.
Hebert
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Line ups

MAN CITY:
Hart; Zabaleta, Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy; Garcia, Barry; Milner Silva; Dzeko, Aguero...

Subs: Pantilimon, Rodwell, Kolarov, Sinclair, Maicon, Nasri, Tevez.

LIVERPOOL:
Reina; Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard; Downing, Henderson, Suarez; Sturridge...

Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Skrtel, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 pm

HT

Man City 1-1 Liverpool

Dzeko 23'

Sturridge 29'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Good to see Gerrard back at his best.
And well done, Liverpool, on an excellent point.
Mancini, well, he should be sacked. He doesn't cut the mustard.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:10 pm

FT

Man City 2-2 Liverpool
1-0 Dzeko 23'
1-1 Sturridge 29’
1-2 Gerrard 73'
2-2 Agüero 78'

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

I really don't know why City fans were so angry when Sturridge scored as their
striker Dzeko was not injured at the time and the referee was right to allow the play to continue!

I thought Daniel Sturidge had his best game yet for Liverpool and James Milner played very well for Man City.

What a great strike it was by Gerrard and a moment of genius from Aguero but what was Pepe Reina thinking of?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Yet another game we should of won but didn't. Ah well, 2 points from City & Arsenal away, you can't complain.

Reina's a moron and I'm tired of waiting for him to get his form back from 2008.

Great goals from Sturridge & Gerrard, Suarez looked absolutely shattered.

West Brom at home next. Lets get revenge!
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 pm

2 games v City this season,2 games we should have won and 2 games where we were the better team and threw away a 2-1 lead by making stupid mistakes..

When are we going to learn how to finish teams off once we are on top....so frustrating.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Tez Arne » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:Good to see Gerrard back at his best.

Steven Gerrard is the only midfielder/forward to play every minute of every Premier League game this season. And it shows, as you say he's probably at his best... fitness wise anyway. Every season since his debut he's had little niggling injuries that have prevented him from playing a full season, and it's been frustrating. I just hope he can see it through until the end of the season now, he's been immense for us.

I had a feeling we'd get something from this game. It's just a pitty we can't seem to see these kind of games through. But that will come in time.
Tez Arne
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League