Peter Odemwingie

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Peter Odemwingie

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 pm

What should WBA do with their want away striker Peter Odemwingie?

The Albion forward turned up at Loftus Rd unannounced last night thinking that he was going to
sign for Rangers but QPR refused to let him in so as not to show any disrespect to the midlands club.

Should West Brom punish the forward by fining him and making him train alone for the last 18 months of his contract?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Nah, they pay him well, so should just play him, in the hope that he plays well and increases his value.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Tipster wrote:Nah, they pay him well, so should just play him, in the hope that he plays well and increases his value.

Shouldn't they make an example of him to other players that they can't hold clubs to ransom and must honour their contracts?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Hams wrote:
Tipster wrote:Nah, they pay him well, so should just play him, in the hope that he plays well and increases his value.

Shouldn't they make an example of him to other players that they can't hold clubs to ransom and must honour their contracts?

By benching him? Then they'd just be paying him for doing nothing. Make him play. The fact that they didn't sell him made it an example that they won't be taken ransom. He's their employee. He should play and play at 100% or he would be suspended with no play. He's contracted to them. That's the example they should set.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:58 pm

they should send him to West Ham to watch them train....that would teach him a lesson . :)
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Conner99 wrote:they should send him to West Ham to watch them train....that would teach him a lesson . :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Conner99 wrote:they should send him to West Ham to watch them train....that would teach him a lesson . :)

:lol:

I wouldn't wish that punishment on anyone at the moment!

Any more thoughts on what Albion should do with their want away striker other than to make him watch the Hammers?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 am

I think they should make him throw rocks at his team mates while they are playing Spurs later today. This would make him realise the error of his ways by helping the opposition to win, and after Spurs are 3 up he would accept that loyalty is a value worth keeping. You know it makes sense....
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 am

They should play him or bench him depending on what they think will be best for the team's results.
Very simple.
And if he still wants to leave at the end of the season, they should do their best to get as much money as possible for him. (keeping a player who wants to leave is pointless in my opinion).
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:17 pm

regardless of what they do with him we can be in no doubt the man is a classless mug and deserves nothing but contempt from football as an entity.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Steely Hill wrote:regardless of what they do with him we can be in no doubt the man is a classless mug and deserves nothing but contempt from football as an entity.

Bollocks! get a life ffs!

How do you know he didn't get wrong info from his agent?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:regardless of what they do with him we can be in no doubt the man is a classless mug and deserves nothing but contempt from football as an entity.

i knew you'd come wading in supporting him.

he tried to force a transfer through to a team bottom of the league. why do you think he did that?

£££££££

deserves contempt.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:

i knew you'd come wading in supporting him.

he tried to force a transfer through to a team bottom of the league. why do you think he did that?

£££££££

deserves contempt.

Your damn right i'm wading in , i can't have you lot run roughshod over my folks without me lifting that skirt up pal.

Obviously you are wrong! He gave up 100's of thousands to WBA to help the deal go through and QPR obviously never had any money on the table . Didn't even have the door open ffs!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 pm

specnur wrote:Your damn right i'm wading in , i can't have you lot run roughshod over my folks without me lifting that skirt up pal.

Obviously you are wrong! He gave up 100's of thousands to WBA to help the deal go through and QPR obviously never had any money on the table . Didn't even have the door open ffs!

:lol: Brothers Unite ffs

why do you think Car Park Pete was so desperate to go to bottom of the league QPR?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:Your damn right i'm wading in , i can't have you lot run roughshod over my folks without me lifting that skirt up pal.

why do you think Car Park Pete was so desperate to go to bottom of the league QPR?

Because he would be played in his favoured position ,better players on QPR and he probably likes Redknapp's gift of the gab.
I haven;t got clue to be honest ,but things go on between players and managers ,as a player you get to see what the manager has in mind for you ,whether he rates your ability or where he aims to use you as an impact player off the bench. Put yourself in Odemwingie's position ,if you feel you are in great shape , but you are stuck on the bench or out of position to best help the team.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

Because he would be played in his favoured position ,better players on QPR and he probably likes Redknapp's gift of the gab.
I haven;t got clue to be honest ,but things go on between players and managers ,as a player you get to see what the manager has in mind for you ,whether he rates your ability or where he aims to use you as an impact player off the bench. Put yourself in Odemwingie's position ,if you feel you are in great shape , but you are stuck on the bench or out of position to best help the team.

Odemwingie wasn't given permission to speak to Redknapp so, if he was a man of honour, how would he know about Redknapp's plans for him?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

Odemwingie wasn't given permission to speak to Redknapp so, if he was a man of honour, how would he know about Redknapp's plans for him?

It really doesn't matter any of the other issues may have been deciding factors also.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:56 pm

so you genuinely feel Odemwingie has done no wrong?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Steely Hill wrote:so you genuinely feel Odemwingie has done no wrong?

I am not saying that at all ,i'm just countering everyones jump to the conclusion that he did with a more level headed approach.

When it was rumoured Arsenal were after him he didn't do the same thing ,and he signed a new contract with WBA. I would have thought if there was any team he would have drove down there uninvited for it would have been Arsenal rather than QPR.
I think since he's been in the league he has been nothing short of pure class in the way he has carried himself ,all of sudden you got people assuming he did wrong in this situation and the benefit of the doubt is not afforded him,I don't understand that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:41 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:so you genuinely feel Odemwingie has done no wrong?

I am not saying that at all ,i'm just countering everyones jump to the conclusion that he did with a more level headed approach.

When it was rumoured Arsenal were after him he didn't do the same thing ,and he signed a new contract with WBA. I would have thought if there was any team he would have drove down there uninvited for it would have been Arsenal rather than QPR.
I think since he's been in the league he has been nothing short of pure class in the way he has carried himself ,all of sudden you got people assuming he did wrong in this situation and the benefit of the doubt is not afforded him,I don't understand that.

he has admitted to agreeing fees etc with West Brom without Lokomotiv's permission originally and has now done the same with QPR so there is a history of this behaviour which takes things beyond a one-off incident that you can just let slide.

a pattern of disrespecting his employers to suit his own ends.

Arsenal were never actually going to buy the player, let's be serious.

he drove to QPR's ground knowing full well he'd be clocked by someone in the hope that this would force the move through. at no point was he ever given permission to speak to QPR, let alone all the rest of it.

another arrogant, jumped up little mug who thinks he can dictate to his employers.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League