West Brom v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Brom v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

West Brom slipped further down the table after being beat by Everton 2-1 , that is now just one point in five games for the Baggies , manager Steve Clarke has not been happy about his side conceding goals lately.."It's disappointing. It's not been a good start to the year for us. We gave ourselves too much to do and we have been doing that too much recently. "Of course it's a worry if you give two goals away, it's very unusual you come back."

Tottenham drew 1-1 at Norwich thanks to a wonder goal form Gareth Bale ..WHO ELSE , Andre Vilas-Boas was less than happy by the challenge on Bale that led to his stunning strike .."He [Gareth Bale] got lucky [in the build-up to his goal] that Alexander Tettey did not break his ankle when he was running to score, I think it was a yellow card or probably a red card to give. But moving on, it was a great goal, with such pace and power". Tottenham remain in fourth place .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 am

Did you know that West Brom have won none of their last six Premier League games against Spurs (W0 D3 L3).
I guess Peter Odemwingie wont be playing in this one!

WBA 1-2 Tottenham

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Tipster » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:05 am

I'm going for 2-0 West Brom.

No mugs this season.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 am

I'm going to the match and I'm expecting to be boinging against the Baggies! I think Spurs are having a little bit of a wobble at the moment, but this is a chance for them to get back in the saddle. I'll glady take a 1-3 score line. C'mon the Lily Whites :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Line ups

WEST BROM:
Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Popov; Dorrans, Yacob, Morrison, Brunt; Long, Lukaku...

Subs: Myhill, Ridgewell, Thomas, Jones, Rosenberg, Fortuné, Tamas.

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Dembele, Parker; Lennon, Bale, Dempsey; Defoe...

Subs: Friedel, Gallas, Naughton, Huddlestone, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Holtby.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 pm

FT

WBA 0-1 Tottenham
0-1 Bale 67'

Why did Popov spit at Kyle Walker? - It was a crazy thing to do!

Another moment of magic from Bale gave Spurs the win against Albion.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Yahooley I say, the Spuds keeping the chasing pack at bay with a hard fought win. Dire first half, had all the hallmarks of a 'nil-nil'. Much better second half though only one (excellent) Bale goal to show for all the possession. The turning point was Popov's sending off, I have nothing but contempt for players who spit so f*ck him, he let his team down.
Defoe will be out for at least a few weeks so we have a problem with the attack AVB will need apply his mind to. I hope Togo get beat!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 pm

4 premier leagie points in two games Bale has pulled out of his ass for us! What a gun. :)

Cant wait to watch the replay of this and see how Holtby went, anyone have some insight for me???

Defoe is a massive loss given our dire striker stocks at the moment. I think going by AVBs comments the other day he will play Dempsey as a striker but I reckon maybe give Bale a go up there like SAF did with Ronaldo. Then again Bale is doing just fine where he is. Sandros season ending injury is going to impact us now as moving one of these guys up would have made room for a midfield core of Sandro, Parker, Dembele but I guess that is why this Holtby bloke was bought.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 am

Big Jono wrote:4 premier leagie points in two games Bale has pulled out of his ass for us! What a gun. :)

Cant wait to watch the replay of this and see how Holtby went, anyone have some insight for me???

I was at the match Jono, and Holtby played well, I can see him becoming popular with the fans. Lots of energy and hunger, he caused the Baggies defence problems, though WBA were rubbish to be honest. Even with a man down, they offered nothing and rarely got out of their own half. Holtby passed accurately and had one chance in the box which he created himself, but the Baggies defender kept him out. He looks like a talent that needs a bit of coaching and development to get him to where we'd all like to see him - scoring goals or assisting them for the Spurs. :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice one mate! He certainly comes with some wraps on him so it will be good to see what he can do with some extended time in the team.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 pm

A very important win for us! :D

I agree that playing Bale up front is a definite option. I also think we could go 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Adebayor up front, flanked by Bale and Lennon, in front of a midfield trio of Parker, Holtby and Dembele.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Thats when we get Adebayor back though, how long is that going to be?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 am

Johaldo8 wrote:A very important win for us! :D

I agree that playing Bale up front is a definite option. I also think we could go 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Adebayor up front, flanked by Bale and Lennon, in front of a midfield trio of Parker, Holtby and Dembele.

The 4-3-3 formation with Bale and Lennon on each wing would be frightening,Parker,Dembele,Holtby and then the return of Sandro would add plenty of steel in the middle to protect them without the ball...

Very impressive line up that would look.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League