Real Madrid v Manchester Utd - 13th February

Real Madrid beat rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the final in Lisbon to finally win La Decima after all this time.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 am

I really enjoyed the game last night and it certainly lived up to all the pre match hype!

I thought Man Utd played well in the 1st half with Real Madrid playing better in the 2nd period.

The man of the match for me was David De Gea who I thought made some very good saves.

The Red Devils got their away goal and apart from Ronaldo's header they managed to keep him quiet.

Danny Wellbeck and Phil Jones also did well for Fergie but I thought Rooney disappointed and kept dropping back too deep.

Do you have any more comments on last nights 1st leg?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby eaman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 pm

not sure what game you were watching specnur. if anything the ref favoured united. definate penalty on di maria and push on ronaldo before the united goal. also i thought ozil had a decent game and im not a fan of kedhira but he actually played well enough. real werent at there best alright but thats been there story most of the season
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm

eaman wrote:not sure what game you were watching specnur. if anything the ref favoured united. definate penalty on di maria and push on ronaldo before the united goal. also i thought ozil had a decent game and im not a fan of kedhira but he actually played well enough. real werent at there best alright but thats been there story most of the season

That's been their story outside of la liga period in general!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm

not over the last couple of years. two semis remember
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 pm

eaman wrote:not over the last couple of years. two semis remember

Two semi's!
I reiterate ,they have done nothing outside of La liga.
You don't get props for getting to two semi finals in 7 years ,with the money they have spent on players .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 am

Boris wrote:My comment is I wanted an away win, purely because at one point Man Utd were paying $12 to win so I threw a tenner on them. Waking up to a draw is akin to finding out Christmas was cancelled.

I had my money on Man U getting over 2 yellow cards because I knew for a start Rafael would get a card facing Ronaldo and I knew the cheating blouses would fake everything to try to get Man U carded. When I saw RVP get carded for brushing the face of the Real player early on while the guys rolling around on the floor I knew my bet was home.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:47 am

specnur wrote:Just looked at the "possible" team man u might play ,with Carrick ,Jones and Cleverly in the mid field!
Tell you what if Ronaldo can't get open against them 3 then he is more overrated than i originally thought and La liga is a joke!
One thing for sure those 3 shouldn't trouble REal Madrid creatively that's for sure ,so i see Evra being influential attack wise ,as they don't have anything coming from the middle or from Carrick.
If Fergie goes with that team he's in trouble ,Ozil will have a field day with that mid field or at least he should .
Where the hell is Marcelo ,why isn;t he selected?

Sometimes I wonder why u even watch football. Maybe u can mute it if u dislike it so much?
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Learning » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 am

Big Jono wrote:
Boris wrote:My comment is I wanted an away win, purely because at one point Man Utd were paying $12 to win so I threw a tenner on them. Waking up to a draw is akin to finding out Christmas was cancelled.

I had my money on Man U getting over 2 yellow cards because I knew for a start Rafael would get a card facing Ronaldo and I knew the cheating blouses would fake everything to try to get Man U carded. When I saw RVP get carded for brushing the face of the Real player early on while the guys rolling around on the floor I knew my bet was home.

Thats a good bet, what were the odds?
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Learning » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:54 am

Hams wrote:I really enjoyed the game last night and it certainly lived up to all the pre match hype!

I thought Man Utd played well in the 1st half with Real Madrid playing better in the 2nd period.

The man of the match for me was David De Gea who I thought made some very good saves.

The Red Devils got their away goal and apart from Ronaldo's header they managed to keep him quiet.

Danny Wellbeck and Phil Jones also did well for Fergie but I thought Rooney disappointed and kept dropping back too deep.

Do you have any more comments on last nights 1st leg?

I think Man U defended well, especially sliding challenges to block Real's shots and crosses which were vital. I like it ended similar to what I thought. Real are better, but Man U always are flexible and find a way to threaten and score, late on again, they almost stole it.... Man U defended well and tried to uses VP to knock on for Kagawa, and Welbeck pace helped them.

Khedira has really improved this season and he was an all rounder again. I thought Real also had a top game, Ozil magic again and Ronaldo, Di Maria hit form in this vital game.

In the end thought both managers played it safe for the draw though I thought and second leg will be the real game.

Finally, wtf is u pwith Casillas, Im not impressed with the sub GKs, and the problem with him and Mourinho still ongoing? Ramos at least is playing and need to as he is their best defender.... imagine Pepe and Varane there lol
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hoop45 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

So was David de Gea's performance quite as good as some were suggesting?

I didn't see the game, but it seems that the guy is incapable of producing a performance that is neither tremendous nor woeful. Seems to me that when he produces a few good saves a few in the media go overboard with the praise, almost to make amends for their equally OTT reaction when he makes a couple of mistakes.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Two semi's!
I reiterate ,they have done nothing outside of La liga.
You don't get props for getting to two semi finals in 7 years ,with the money they have spent on players .

im not talking about madrid over the previous five years im talking about recent history with this team they have now. this team who lost to the winners in 2011 and lost on penalties to a very good bayern team. that is doing something outside of la liga
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:17 pm

floody wrote:So was David de Gea's performance quite as good as some were suggesting?

I didn't see the game, but it seems that the guy is incapable of producing a performance that is neither tremendous nor woeful. Seems to me that when he produces a few good saves a few in the media go overboard with the praise, almost to make amends for their equally OTT reaction when he makes a couple of mistakes.

the medias response is a direct reaction to fergie's criticism of them days before ,indication that they are without credibility and nothing more than sensationalist whores.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hektorek » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

It's amazing how Manchester United can make a great opportunity to score from nothing. Majority of other top teams would lose last Wednesday at Santiago Bernabeu 3:0 or even 4:0, while MU could win 2:1. They just missed a luck in a situation when van Persie accidently didn't shot the ball being one on one with Diego Lope. A draw 1:1 is a great result for the Devils and I predict them to win 3:2 at Old Trafford.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League