Aston Villa v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Almeida wrote:
On the other hand, you have the likes of Chelsea who employ a 'revolving door' strategy to managers, and yet pick up trophies

it doesnt matter what kind of door has a building as long as it's made of ivory and covered with gold :lol: give us those players and big sam would turn west ham into a club of that calibre right off the bat.

it doesnt matter if we got a point from this game or not. a draw for us would mean nothing. our bag has been filled up purely from victories, mostly home victories, which are the main reason we have so many points. other clubs may well have been showing a lot better display yet they have been drawing each other and now sit lower than us :P

I would like to see West Ham stay up Almeida, and I hope you are right about Big Sam's managerial prowess. Why would I like to see the Hammers stay up when I'm a Spurs fan? Well, that's cos they are a side that traditionally plays football, as appossed to the dire sh*te served up by the likes of Stoke, Wigan, and Reading, for example. Trust me, I was hoping for a Hammers win today - Villa have a chairman who has publically anounced his lack of ambition. No wonder O'Neill wanted out. I hope you are right about the home form. :)
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 am

West Ham play shocking football! Come on Pickle!

My mate at work is a hardcore Wet Shammer, and he DESPISES Fat Sam. Always has done, and has continued to do so, even though he got them up last season.

The "Academy of Football" is dead. Long live the long ball :roll:
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Almeida » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 am

Pickleman1967, thanks for the compliments but i think you a bit exaggerated saying we traditionally play football :D maybe you were referring to the times when west ham were as mighty as manchester united, right? -)) because over the course of the past few years when we had the honor to be in the prem we have always been struggling no matter who was in charge and who the academy was producing to the main team.

i also sympathize with spurs. i will never forgive crouch the sausage for those stupid tackels he was sent off for in the 1st leg of 1/4 cl's matches against real madrid. he deprived the team of all the chances on getting through right before everyone could actually realize they were playing the mighty madrid. and quite real those chances were which makes it even more pitiful.

now, next week we will see how the hammers are going to play football against your team. a home game for us in which chances on getting three points are very slim :D
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:56 am

I thought we were very unlucky to leave Villa Park without even a point to show for our efforts in the second half.

Sure it was a poor game played in difficult conditions but I believe a draw would have been a fair result for both teams.

I don't understand why Big Sam started the match with just 3 defenders at the back when a traditional back four was needed.

He was eventually forced to go back to a 4-4-2 formation when O'Brien was injured after just 20 minutes or so.

My opinion is that Jarvis and Vaz Te should have started so they could fire in crosses to Andy Carroll but obviously Allardyce thought otherwise.

To lose to a penalty and a free kick was soul destroying especially to a side like Aston Villa who are fighting for their lives.

We will now also be looking nervously over our shoulder and and could be deep in the mire if other results don't go our way as we sure as hell won't beat Spurs.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 pm

thats what i cannot understand about West Ham , they play really well in a few matches ....distinctly average in a few and then play shockingly bad in the other matches ...since the win over Chelsea in december West Ham have taken 8 pts out of a possible 33 ...Sam Allardyce is fortunate the other clubs at the bottom are doing equally as bad or worse ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 pm

Worst Match Ever
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Worst Match Ever

I was expecting much more of a negative response than that!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League