AC Milan v Barcelona - 20th February

Real Madrid beat rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the final in Lisbon to finally win La Decima after all this time.

Moderator: Moderators

AC Milan v Barcelona - 20th February

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

After a poor start to the season in Serie A AC Milan have slowly
improved and are now within striking distance of moving into 3rd in the table.
Silvio Berlusconi's club also recently signed Mario Balotelli from Man City for £20 million.

Barcelona are running away with La Liga in Spain and could break all sorts of records.
Lionel Messi has now scored in 13 league matches in a row and signed a new deal to stay with the Catalans.
Tito Vilanova's team could do the treble this season and win Spanish league,cup and Champions.

Do you have any comments on predictions? This match will be live on Sky sports with a 7.45pm kick off.
Last edited by Hams on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am

Did you know that AC Milan’s last win against Barcelona dates back to October 2004 at the San Siro in the group stages of the Champions League (1-0).

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Re: AC Milan v Barcelona - 20th February

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 am

Hams wrote:After a poor start to the season in Serie A AC Milan have slowly
improved and are now within striking distance of moving into 3rd in the table.
Silvio Berlusconi's club also recently signed Mario Balotelli from Man City for £20 million.

Barcelona are running away with La Liga in Spain and could break all sorts of records.
Lionel Messi has now scored in 13 league matches in a row and signed a new deal to stay with the Catalans.
Tito Vilanova's team could do the treble this season and win Spanish league,cup and Champions.

Do you have any comments on predictions? This match will be live on Sky sports with a 7.45pm kick off.

Too bad, the recent signing Balotelli can't play in this match. Milan could have a better chance of winning this fixture. I could be wrong, maybe it's their year.

But, Messi is still in momentum... so i see that he'll continue to net goals after this match.

I predict Barcelona will win this match at 1-0.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Its a real shame that Balotelli can't play tonight but I'm confident that Milan will still give Barca a tough game.

With a bit of luck El Shaarawy and Pazzini will both be upfront for the Italians but Robinho is still out with knee trouble.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby fakeplastictrees » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Iniesta and Xavi were rested at the weekend. Barcelona aren't in amazing form probably because La Liga is over already but I expect them to win this pretty easilly.

2-0 Barcelona.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Line ups

AC Milan
Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant, Ambrosini, Montolivo, Muntari, Boateng, Pazzini, El Shaarawy...

subs: Amelia, De Sciglio, Traore, Niang, Bojan, Cristante, Yepes

Barcelona:
Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas, Pedro, Messi, Iniesta...

subs: Pinto, Sanchez, Thiago, Mascherano, Montoya, Song, Tello.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 pm

what a terrible colour shirts have the barcelona players on. i hate it :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

I can't see anything but a battering in BArca favor here. Just too much ability in the middle of the park and not enough creativity in the middle of Ac milan. I can se Milan Scoring ,but i see Barca scoring 3 .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 pm

that was a decent voley effort from boetang after the corner. i'm absolutely not satisfied with the barcas display so far.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm

25 minutes and all the players are looking below par especially xavi who's made a lot of sloppy passes which was quite bizzare to watch.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conaldinho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Really poor first half, has there even been an attempt on goal? Barca playing their slow passing game and always going straight down the middle, all Milan have to do is flood the box and Barca have nowhere to go
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Almeida » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

HT 0-0

worthless and boring game, and frustrating for me too. was pleased only with messi. it's always such a treat to watch the man.

now i'm going to retire for the night. will not even bother watching the highlights tomorrow for there hardly will be anything worth watching. the british scientists who were said to have been making research into how shirt colour affects team's display were probably right. colour counts :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm

It was a very poor first half :(

El Shaarawy had the best chance of the game so far.

Hope the 2nd period shows a bit more quality.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Unbelievable ,two players plucked from the second tier of English football knocking in two goals against the "greatest team ever assembled"! :lol:
credit must be given to AC milan because they defended like a team beyond their actual quality ,but that's what Barca forces all teams to do. I wills ay this was a way below par game from Barca stand point ,they are better than what we saw tonight ,but AC had a bit to do with that.
A clean sheet is massive fro AC Milan though , had to laugh at the fans celebrating like they actually won the whole tournament.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conaldinho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Great win for Milan, fully deserved, flawless at the back and some great counter attacking. Barca were awful, lacklustre passing, no urgency and like the Chelsea games last year they simply didn't know what to do when Milan kept things tight in the middle.
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

FT

AC Milan 2-0 Barcelona
1-0 Boateng 57'
2-0 Muntari 81'

Any comments on tonights Milan victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hektorek » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Milan <3 <3 <3 :* :* :*

I guess the first goal should have been whistled. But it doesn''t change the fact that Milan had a great match, played cleverly remembering the tactics and kept calm. Barcelona had a poor day and they weren't that team who destroys every next Primera Division club. Second game is going to be very very very interesting and unpredictable.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

The blueprint for stopping Barcelona was written by Chelsea. Tonight, AC Milan perfected it.

At least against Chelsea, Barca created loads of chances. Tonight, they were completely snuffed out. I can't remember a serious goal threatening chance by the Catalans.

This tie is over.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby eaman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm

was a nil all game all day. if the ref didnt think it was a handball then he should have been wondering why zapata wasnt holding his face in pain
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Bren10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Im certain Barca are out. Cant stop conceding and itll be obvious how Milan will set up. We miss Tito and its starting to show now, he always comes up with changes that make an impact and I wonder whether his daily presence is being missed.
That said no one showed up and im really starting to wonder why we wasted so much money on Alexis when we have Tello in our ranks, think hell be shipped out in the summer.
That said Milan played well and there can be no complaints over the result.
Bren10

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League