Arsenal v Aston Villa

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Postby Conner99 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Arsenal managed to beat Sunderland 1-0 thanks to a goal from Santi Cazorla , the red card for Carl Jenkinson though meant a torrid last 20mins for Szczesny and the back four ..Arsene Wenger was relieved at the final whistle as the 3pts kept his side just outside the top four .

Aston Villa moved out of the bottom three with a 2-1 win over West Ham at Villa Park , two quick goals in the second half was enough to get the 3 pts and lift some of the pressure from manager Paul Lambert , he commented after the match how important the win was .."it was huge"
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Did you know that Arsenal have won only two of their last six home games against Aston Villa in the Barclays Premier League.

Any comments or predictions?

I think Wenger would have no other option but to resign if Villa won at the Emirates but I don't think that will happen.

Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Team news

Full backs Sagna and Gibbs are both out but Monreal is available again and should play in his usual left back position.

Play maker Charles N'Zogbia is back for Aston Villa along with striker Gabriel Agbonlahore but Richard Dunne is still sidelined.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Honestly our games are so hard to call these days but I would hope normality will resume and we'll win this relatively comfortably.

2-1 Arsenal
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Aston Villa should be afraid ...very afraid .....Arsenal will annihalate them 8-0 with Theo Walcott scoring 5 goals in a 4 min burst ...Monreal and Cazorla will get one each , then right at the end Wilshire will bang in two within 30 seconds of each other ....

The newspaper headlines will read next day .`Wenger the Gr-eight` .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 pm

With Aston Villas form :lol: I can see in my crystal ball that they may well give Arsenal a scare, but no other result than an Arsenal win here. I wouldn't be shocked if Villa got a draw here, but I wouldn't be putting my money on it.

Cazorla with a goal.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Line ups

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla..

subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Gervinho, Podolski

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, N'Zogbia, Benteke..

subs: Marshall, El Ahmadi, Holman, Sylla, Bowery, Dawkins, Lichaj
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 pm

HT

Arsenal 1-0 Aston Villa

Cazorla on 6 minutes.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa
1-0 Cazorla 6’
1-1 Weimann 68’
2-1 Cazorla 85'

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Conner99 wrote:Aston Villa should be afraid ...very afraid .....Arsenal will annihalate them 8-0 with Theo Walcott scoring 5 goals in a 4 min burst ...Monreal and Cazorla will get one each , then right at the end Wilshire will bang in two within 30 seconds of each other ....

The newspaper headlines will read next day .`Wenger the Gr-eight` .

You were almost right,just a few goals off lol
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm

yeah....i just dont understand what happened ... :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:2-1 Arsenal

Good call!

We should be doing much better at home against a team like Villa but I'll take the three points.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice prediction Stan :wink:

I guess with Arsenal being just 1 point now behind Tottenham you will all be supporting West Ham on Monday night!

Whats happened to Walcott?

He was demanding to be played as a central striker and when he finally gets his wish he couldn't score in a brothel.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 am

Well done, Arsenal. I've got a strange feeling Arsenal will, yet again, get into the CL.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Davey1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 am

Hams wrote:Nice prediction Stan :wink:

I guess with Arsenal being just 1 point now behind Tottenham you will all be supporting West Ham on Monday night!

Whats happened to Walcott?

He was demanding to be played as a central striker and when he finally gets his wish he couldn't score in a brothel.

Naaa, that's Paddy. :wink:
Last edited by Davey1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 am

A much needed win for the Gooners, lets face it, anything less might have put Arsene under some real pressure. OK, I'm a Spurs fan, but this interview by Wenger after the game, a man in denial? Arsene, you don't have a leader on the park apart from Wilshire, and you were f*cking dismantled by Bayern Munich. Face facts man!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21560001
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Oh yeah, and after watching MOTD this morning it looks like the Arse were quite lucky to get the W. Villa had enough chances to win the game.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 pm

It was indeed a lucky win for Arsenal and Aston Villa should consider themselves unlucky not have left the library without at least a point.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Oh yeah, and after watching MOTD this morning it looks like the Arse were quite lucky to get the W. Villa had enough chances to win the game.

are you sure you were watching Arsenal v Aston Villa .. :shock: i just watched the game and we had enough chances in the first half to have easily won the games ..in the end 24 shots on goal to 5 shots on goal for Villa tells you Arsenal had more than enough chances to win it . The problem for us was again defensive ...a ball hooved up the field by Villa and we could not take care of it ...nobody closed down Weimann and Szczesny should not have allowed that shot to slip though his arms ..

Why do people always call it a lucky win when a team is clearly on top in a game yet cannot quite wrap the game up until right at the end , we had to work hard for the 3pts ..in the end it was a great set up by Monreal and Cazorla put it away nicely . There was nothing `lucky` about the two goals and the win was well deserved .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:Oh yeah, and after watching MOTD this morning it looks like the Arse were quite lucky to get the W. Villa had enough chances to win the game.

are you sure you were watching Arsenal v Aston Villa .. :shock: i just watched the game and we had enough chances in the first half to have easily won the games ..in the end 24 shots on goal to 5 shots on goal for Villa tells you Arsenal had more than enough chances to win it . The problem for us was again defensive ...a ball hooved up the field by Villa and we could not take care of it ...nobody closed down Weimann and Szczesny should not have allowed that shot to slip though his arms ..

Why do people always call it a lucky win when a team is clearly on top in a game yet cannot quite wrap the game up until right at the end , we had to work hard for the 3pts ..in the end it was a great set up by Monreal and Cazorla put it away nicely . There was nothing `lucky` about the two goals and the win was well deserved .

Granted that highlights can sometimes 'mask' a game, but in that second half Villa ripped into the Arsenal defence three times with (if you're a Gooner) alarming ease. OK, to be expected if you are up against a 'form' team, but Villa? At home? Jeezy Peeps!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League