West Ham v Tottenham - 25th February

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Tottenham - 25th February

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm

West Ham lost their last game 2-1 away at Aston Villa to make in 5 defeats in a row away from home.

Tottenham won their last PL fixture 2-1 at home against Newcastle and had Gareth Bale to thank once again.

This is on Monday night with an 8pm kick off and Howard Webb will be the referee which at least will stop Spurs cheating.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

i think West Ham can win this if they sneak into the Tottenham dressig room and slip some laxatives into Gareth Bale`s pre match drink ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 pm

we must take advantage of the fact they were busy in midweek and are being kind of intoxicated with their win and getting further in europe. therefor they are likely to take this game as a relaxing traing match to retrive the form. we are in dire need to get something of this game if we are not going to find ourselves fighting for relegation again.

come on you hammers!
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Conner99 wrote:i think West Ham can win this if they sneak into the Tottenham dressing room and slip some laxatives into Gareth Bale`s pre match drink ...

That could make him run even faster!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Ah yes of course! It's Cup Final time for West Ham.

I think we should play a high line against these lot. If we play deeper, then that ponytailed prat Andy Carroll might get some change from the relentless supply of long balls into our box. Other than that, I'm not overly concerned about what they offer as an attacking threat. Parker should be aware of Nolan's late runs, I suppose.

I expect us to create a good few chances against their defence, with the likes of Bale, Adebayor, Lennon and Dembele. Plenty of pace, skill and height in there.

This will not be easy as it is the biggest game of their season, bar none, and with it being a night game, it will generate that extra atmosphere. Their players will have had a longer rest and will be up for it, as will their hissing fans.

But I'm optimistic about snatching a win - I'll go for West Ham 1-3 Spurs.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Almeida wrote:we must take advantage of the fact they were busy in midweek and are being kind of intoxicated with their win and getting further in europe. therefor they are likely to take this game as a relaxing traing match to retrive the form. we are in dire need to get something of this game if we are not going to find ourselves fighting for relegation again.

come on you hammers!

Some positive news comrade is that ex Hammer Jermaine Defoe who always scores against us is injured and so the traitor can't play the little Bleep!!!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 pm

:lol:

what about another traitor? )) that one whose name is scotty....))

late night game again at midnight here actually. will hardly watch it till the end...
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:Ah yes of course! It's Cup Final time for West Ham.

I think we should play a high line against these lot. If we play deeper, then that ponytailed prat Andy Carroll might get some change from the relentless supply of long balls into our box. Other than that, I'm not overly concerned about what they offer as an attacking threat. Parker should be aware of Nolan's late runs, I suppose.

I expect us to create a good few chances against their defence, with the likes of Bale, Adebayor, Lennon and Dembele. Plenty of pace, skill and height in there.

This will not be easy as it is the biggest game of their season, bar none, and with it being a night game, it will generate that extra atmosphere. Their players will have had a longer rest and will be up for it, as will their hissing fans.

But I'm optimistic about snatching a win - I'll go for West Ham 1-3 Spurs.

:lol:

Why do you keep on insisting Jo that is our cup final and biggest game of the season?!

Also if you want to believe the myth that West Ham only play long ball football then you could be in for a surprise.

Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan won't be our only threats,Mo Diame and Mark Noble can both get forward
from the middle and Vaz Te and Matt Jarvis or Joe Cole will be a danger on the wings.

All we need to do is to stop Gareth Bale playing even if it means putting 2 defenders on him and not to give him any free kicks.

I don't think we will win but if we play to our best I don't see why we couldn't get a draw so I predict a 1-1 result.

Edit - I also hope that our fans will be on their best behaviour and we do not want to hear any anti semitisim or songs about your lot being attacked in Lyon the other night.
Last edited by Hams on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Almeida wrote::lol:

what about another traitor? )) that one whose name is scotty....))

late night game again at midnight here actually. will hardly watch it till the end...

Super Scott Parker will never be considered a traitor and will always be treated as a hero when he comes back to Upton Park.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm

It's hard to see Tottenham losing on this form, especially as they got a great win in the Europa league. Should really be a Tottenham win, but I'm sticking my neck out, like a giraffe, and saying that this one will be a draw. 2-2.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

For some reason I'm sh*tting myself about this tie, I don't have a gppd feeling about it. It is crucial that Spurs don't lose, in order to keep up the pressure on the Gooners and Chelski. This, Spurs brethren, is a game that will signal how much this Tottenham team has moved on - a win says they are no longer 'nearly men' or a 'good cup side'. I'll be frickin' dellighted with 0-1, don't care who scoress! COYS!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Hams wrote:
Conner99 wrote:i think West Ham can win this if they sneak into the Tottenham dressing room and slip some laxatives into Gareth Bale`s pre match drink ...

That could make him run even faster!

i can see your point there ... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 am

massive game for both clubs tonight.

West Ham need the win to pull away from the relegation zone.

A victory for Tottenham would take them above Chelsea into 3rd and keep Arsenal behind them in the table.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Hams wrote: :lol:

Why do you keep on insisting Jo that is our cup final and biggest game of the season?!

Also if you want to believe the myth that West Ham only play long ball football then you could be in for a surprise.

Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan won't be our only threats,Mo Diame and Mark Noble can both get forward
from the middle and Vaz Te and Matt Jarvis or Joe Cole will be a danger on the wings.

All we need to do is to stop Gareth Bale playing even if it means putting 2 defenders on him and not to give him any free kicks.

I don't think we will win but if we play to our best I don't see why we couldn't get a draw so I predict a 1-1 result.

Edit - I also hope that our fans will be on their best behaviour and we do not want to hear any anti semitisim or songs about your lot being attacked in Lyon the other night.

Because it is your Cup Final mate! The one the fans wait for, let's not fool ourselves.

West Ham fans on their best behaviour? Against Tottenham? :lol: :lol:

David Gold should have a listen out for all the hissing noises. I'm sure the Jew would appreciate it.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 pm

It may be some Hammers fans cup final but its not mine!

As for our supporters they have been warned that they will face life long bans if they misbehave which I agree with.

I would be delighted if we could get a draw tonight and still go with my 1-1 prediction.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 pm

looking forward to plenty of Lyon/Lazio chants that will get the hypocrites riled up nicely.

Jo can give it the biggun all he likes but he knows as well as i do that Spurs look at this game with equal relish that we do. whether he cares to admit it or not is his lookout.

with regard to the jew thing, i'd say you can't go around calling yourself 'Yids' and then complaining about anti-semitism. it's all or nothing.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

I think the Hammers will win this tonight ,one because its a London derby ,and two because Spurs fans expecting this to be a formality means it can only bounce back and smack them in the face like the proverbial stepped upon rake.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

I hope your right Redpelt!

I will post the line ups soon but have already heard that Mark Noble will not be playing for the Irons tonight which is a blow.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm

it's absolutely vital to have line-ups posted, hams. thank you. i'm going to watch 1st half and if the game is worthwhile i'll probably watch the 2nd one tomorrow.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Line ups

West Ham United:
Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, O'Brien, Collins, Demel, Diame, J.Cole, O'Neil..

subs: C.Cole, Collison, Vaz Te, Taylor, Pogatetz, Chamakh, Spiegel

Tottenham:
Lloris, Vertonghen, Lennon, Parker, Adebayor, Bale, Dembele, Dawson, Holtby, Walker, Caulker..

subs: Gallas, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Friedel, Livermore, Assou-Ekotto, Carroll
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League