Wigan v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Wigan v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Wigan climbed out of the relegation zone with a comfortable 3-0 win at Reading , it will take a few more results like that though before manager Roberto Martinez can start relaxing a bit ...he said after the game "The first goal came from a set-piece but the two after are as good as you are going to see "If we had done that previously in the season we would be in a much better position."The quality of our attacking play was a real difference."

Liverpool strolled to an easy win over a weakened Swansea , a mere 33 shots on goal tells you how much Liverpool were in control , it finished 5-0 and was the Reds first win since..strangely enough..a 5-0 win over Norwich ..it moved Liverpool above Swansea into 8th place .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

I'm going for a 3-0 to Liverpool. Suarez 1 Sturridge 2.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

I'm hoping that Liverpool will do West Ham a favour and win away at Wigan to prevent them getting away from the drop zone

Wigan 1-2 Liverpool with Suarez scoring 1st goal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 am

I want Skrtel to start, he needs a chance to get back in.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Line ups

WIGAN:
Al Habsi, Caldwell, Figueroa, Boyce, Scharner, McCarthy, Maloney, McArthur, Beausejour, Kone, Di Santo...

Subs: Robles, Alcaraz, Henriquez, Gomez, McManaman, Espinoza, Stam.

LIVERPOOL:
Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez...

Subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Shelvey, Assaidi, Henderson, Coates, Suso.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Wigan are a disgrace for not having a single English player in their line up or on the bench and I hope they go down.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm

2-0 Liverpool 18 minutes gone

Downing
Suarez

Coutinho is looking very impressive with 2 assists
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Wigan's players are also fighting each other and have had to be warned by the referee!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:06 pm

3-0

Another Suarez free kick
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:40 pm

4-0

Suarez hat-trick
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

I hope Suarez gets PFA Player of the Season award.

He deserves it, not just for his goals. Consistant and a team player, unlike Van Persie and Bale.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

FT

Wigan 0-4 Liverpool
0-1 Downing 2’
0-2 Suarez 18’
0-3 Suarez 34’
0-4 Suarez 49'

Any comments on todays Liverpool victory?

Does Suarez deserve to win the player of the year award?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 am

Wigan can consider themselves unlucky not to have scored as they really had a lot of chances but
found Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina at his best but the way they defended really was a joke and school boy level.

There was even a row between the Latics players at one point and the way Di Santo stormed off when subbed was also poor.

I thought Suarez had a great game but don't think he deserves to be player of the season which should be RVP again.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Hams wrote:FT

Wigan 0-4 Liverpool
0-1 Downing 2’
0-2 Suarez 18’
0-3 Suarez 34’
0-4 Suarez 49'

He deserves it but he will be nowhere near to getting it...Gareth Bale has it won already as it's how these awards work,people seem to forget the whole season and concentrate on who finishes it on form..

Suarez has been consistent all season in a much worse struggling team playing as the lone striker for the most part,and right now he's the leading goalscorer in the division...but his reputation will lose him votes and he's not british which won't help.

But like i said Bale will win it unfortunately.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Hams wrote:Wigan can consider themselves unlucky not to have scored as they really had a lot of chances but
found Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina at his best but the way they defended really was a joke and school boy level.

There was even a row between the Latics players at one point and the way Di Santo stormed off when subbed was also poor.

I thought Suarez had a great game but don't think he deserves to be player of the season which should be RVP again.

Why doesn't he deserve it?

RVP has been in a team which has had Rooney,Hernandez and Welbeck all helping him out...then had a much better team supplying him with chances...and also in a team that is going to win the league...

Suarez has been in a struggling team all season playing as the lone striker and is still the leading goalscorer....that says much more than what RVP has done.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

The atmosphere created at the DW on Sat was a real credit to our travelling support,and singing
the name of Rafa was a real touch of class ,"class" incidentally being just one of the many traits
Chelsea fans seem bereft of.

As for the game ,Coutinho once again providing more than a tantalising glimpse of the potential
impact he could have on our overall game,I am usually loathe to make such rash predictions,but
this boy looks a real class addition to the team Rodgers is building .

Suarez must be an absolute nightmare to play against for any defence,if there is any justice he
will win the title of player of the year,quite simply he is at this moment in time one of the best
players on the planet.

So now with Reina finally looking like the quality keeper we all remember him being,and the reds
still having 30 pts to play for, and currently playing some beautiful football ,then rapidly climbing
the table is becoming more plausible with each passing 90 minutes.
redpelt
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Davey1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Hams wrote:FT

Wigan 0-4 Liverpool
0-1 Downing 2’
0-2 Suarez 18’
0-3 Suarez 34’
0-4 Suarez 49'

He deserves it but he will be nowhere near to getting it...Gareth Bale has it won already as it's how these awards work,people seem to forget the whole season and concentrate on who finishes it on form..

Suarez has been consistent all season in a much worse struggling team playing as the lone striker for the most part,and right now he's the leading goalscorer in the division...but his reputation will lose him votes and he's not british which won't help.

But like i said Bale will win it unfortunately.

Spot on, Gazza.

All i can recall of Bale's season is started with a slight injury, kept diving around and blaming harsh tackles, claiming he'd of been hit anyway if he didn't go down easy and getting off the hook easier than Suarez has, moaned about tackles, moaned about Champions League, the odd goal, a stupid rumour linking him to Real Madrid, people believing it, he finds a bit of form and now suddenly, he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo?? F*ck right off! :lol:

A player of the season HAS to be at the top of his game all SEASON round.

There's only one man for me who has been at the top of his game consistantly. Maybe I'm just bias.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 am

redpelt wrote:The atmosphere created at the DW on Sat was a real credit to our travelling support,and singing
the name of Rafa was a real touch of class ,"class" incidentally being just one of the many traits
Chelsea fans seem bereft of.

As for the game ,Coutinho once again providing more than a tantalising glimpse of the potential
impact he could have on our overall game,I am usually loathe to make such rash predictions,but
this boy looks a real class addition to the team Rodgers is building .

Suarez must be an absolute nightmare to play against for any defence,if there is any justice he
will win the title of player of the year,quite simply he is at this moment in time one of the best
players on the planet.

So now with Reina finally looking like the quality keeper we all remember him being,and the reds
still having 30 pts to play for, and currently playing some beautiful football ,then rapidly climbing
the table is becoming more plausible with each passing 90 minutes.

Not many 20 year olds have the experience he has. I believe with experience in the EPL, he'll only go from strength to strength. I am really impressed with the lad, i think he could be a top top player for Liverpool.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm

redpelt wrote:The atmosphere created at the DW on Sat was a real credit to our travelling support

:lol:

in fairness the travelling support was probably larger in number than the 'home' crowd. it usually is when we play them anyway.

hopefully this will finally be the year this tinpot club will drop down and that shitmouth chairman will be forever out of the limelight.

delighted that they got thumped so badly, not least because it delays their annual survival charge.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Davey1 wrote:Not many 20 year olds have the experience he has. I believe with experience in the EPL, he'll only go from strength to strength. I am really impressed with the lad, i think he could be a top top player for Liverpool.

Its usually a players movement without the ball which goes unseen ,but with Coutinho you cant help but notice the delightful runs he makes whether its to find space or simply to drag defenders wide ,he's definitely a very intelligent player and certainly a coup for the Reds.
redpelt
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League