Chelsea v West Brom

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v West Brom

Postby Conner99 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Chelsea lost 2-0 to Champions Man City at the Etihad and also slipped down to 4th in the table . It was not a good result for manager Rafael Benitez who said .."When you lose, you have to be disappointed and this game was important for us because we could have been closer to Man City, but we cannot give up."

West Brom kept on course for their best ever finish in the Premier League as they beat Sunderland 2-1 at The Hawthorns , 2 goals from Romelu Lukaku also kept up their hopes of a place in the Europa League next season ..the win moved West Brom up to 7th in the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

What is the problem of the Chelsea fans? 9 months ago Abramovich gave them a Champions League - now he's appointed an unpopular manager, but a manager whom we've long known will be gone in the summer. And yet they all seem obsessed with the fact that for half a season they are going to have a manager whom they don't like!!! I know what the problem is - the happiness effect of you know what has warn out, and they are bitterly disappointed that they are no happier than most clubs - indeed far less happy than Swansea fans - they thought they were going to be happy til the end of time.

I repeat - they are CL winners, yet they are obsessing about this tiny period in which they have to have a manager they don't like.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am

I have started a topic about Rafa's rant towards Chelsea's fans in our general football section.

I think the Blues are lucky that Lukaku who is on loan at WBA won't be allowed to play against them!

The Stamford Bridge side still need to win this game if they want to finish in the top 4 and play in CL next season.

Chelsea 3-0 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 am

I wouldn't be crying in my beer if Chesea imploded towards the end of the season, and the 'Rafa reign' ends in tears with Chelsea in 5th place. However, I don't think that will happen, and I think the Spaniard will keep the Blues on track despite the booing. Chelsea 2 WBA 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Line ups

CHELSEA:
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Ba -

Subs - Turnbull, Terry, Cahill, Bertrand, Mikel, Moses, Torres

WEST BROM:
Foster, Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Yacob, Mulumbu, Fortune, Morrison, Dorrans, Long -

Subs - Myhill , Jones, Tamas, Brown, Odemwingie, Thomas, Rosenberg
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

HT

Chelsea 1-0 WBA
1-0 Ba 28'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:11 pm

FT

Chelsea 1-0 WBA
1-0 Ba 28'

Surprisingly Chelsea interim boss Rafael Benitez didn't really get that much abuse following his mid week rant.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Yse - it was what we expected - next.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:35 am

WBA keeper Ben Foster was in great form and I welcome his decision to come out of international retirement.

Chelsea just couldn't find that 2nd goal to wrap up the 3 points but they did play very well for about 75 minutes of the match.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Hams wrote:WBA keeper Ben Foster was in great form and I welcome his decision to come out of international retirement.

I don't.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League