Manchester United v Real Madrid - 5th March

Real Madrid beat rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the final in Lisbon to finally win La Decima after all this time.

Moderator: Moderators

Manchester United v Real Madrid - 5th March

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Man Utd managed to draw the 1st leg 1-1 over in Madrid.
Danny Wellbeck put the Red Devils in front on 20 minutes but
just 10 minutes later Ronaldo leaped like a salmon to head in the equaliser.

Any comments or predictions? - who will go on to win this finally balanced tie?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Simply » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 pm

I don't know... I would say Manchester has better chances, because of the 1st leg draw they achieved.

But after Real Madrid destroyed Barcelona at their home these days I really don't know what to predict...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:47 pm

Real Madrid beat Barcelona again today for the 2nd time in just 5 days and even left Ronaldo on the bench for the 1st hour!

Man Utd on the other hand had an easy romp at home against Norwich but Van Persie seems to be struggling a bit with injuries.

I have a feeling at the moment that Los Blancos will just be too good for the Mancs and will score at least 1 or 2 away goals at OT.

Any more comments or predictions for this 2nd leg clash?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 am

As Jose Mourinho said yesterday the whole world will stop tonight to watch this CL clash at Old Trafford.

Rafael will have the task of trying to stop Ronaldo who may well be very emotional returning to Man U and not be at his best.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

Hams wrote:As Jose Mourinho said yesterday the whole world will stop tonight to watch this CL clash at Old Trafford.

the whole world - me, as minimum.)) i'd watch but the kick-off is too late, i'm afraid.

as far as i'm concerned, mu should walk through it as long as the stands at old traford are passinate enought. otherwise it's 50/50.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm

I can't wait for this game. Two of the biggest clubs in football facing off and I don't know who will win. It could go either way. What a prospect.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Learning » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Both managers and teams doing their all to progress...it will be a gg....i think Real will win, no matter how well Man U improve, i still feel Real are better...
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:35 pm

As usual i think Man u may bottle it yet again against a big named european side! It's just a weakness in their dna that they seem to buy into the paper hype and wake up the day of the game i a cold sweat. The only time they far well is against their premiership rival due to the familiarity. personally i think MAn u are better equipped to win this match and players such as Ozil and Kediera should have a chance on the same pitch. The only threat Real offer is down the wings and if Marcelo is on top of his game.
I really don;t see anyone that has played in the last few man u games that has the ability to gather the players round when Real goes ahead and keep them focussed like a Ferdinand ,who i think must start this game if he's fit.
If they don't have that fatherly voice keeping them on point when times get tough it could get ugly.

MAn 2 real madrid 3
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm

real also have ronaldo and di maria on the wings to hurt united. id say coentrao will start as hes a better defender than marcelo
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hektorek » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 pm

It must be a very emotional time for Cristiano Ronaldo. But I think it will even make him more motivated and I'm looking forward to seeing his performance. What about the rest of participants - United's situation is better so far. They drew and scored in Spain. If they score a goal at Old Trafford again, then Real will be in trouble. If they score second one yet - Man United in quarter-final.

Waiting for the evening and most likely a great show at the Theatre of Dreams. ;)
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Unforunately for Mourinho once again the whole world doesn't stop just for him,as he arrogantly forgot Dortmund and Shaktar Donetsk also have an equally important game tonight..

As for this game i'm hoping Madrid will finally turn up but i can see United being a little bit too strong for them tonight...an early Madrid goal is a must i think if they are gonna ruffle United's confidence.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Line ups

Man Utd:
De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Welbeck, Giggs, Van Persie;

Subs: Rooney,Valencia,Young,Evans,Kagawa,Lindegaard,Hernández

Real Madrid:
Diego Lopez, Varane, Ramos, Arbeloa, Coentrao, Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria, Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo;

Subs: Adan, Pepe, Albiol, Modric, Kaka, Benzema, Callejon
Last edited by Hams on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

The big news tonight is that Wayne Rooney has been dropped by Fergie and only makes the subs bench!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 pm

I hope United win and silence the 'special one' :roll: I'll say 2-1 Utd.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Bren10 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Hams wrote:As Jose Mourinho said yesterday the whole world will stop tonight to watch this CL clash at Old Trafford.

Rafael will have the task of trying to stop Ronaldo who may well be very emotional returning to Man U and not be at his best.

Not sure about that, I know a couple of people who are having to work. :lol:
Bren10

Postby Bren10 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Would love to see Utd knock Madrid out but im not certain itll happen in all honesty, Madrid have stepped up a gear recently while Utd look to be going through the motions. One things for sure, there should be goals.
Hope Nani has a good game tonight, the guy can be quality if he shows up but if he doesnt then Utd may aswell play with ten.
Bren10

Postby Almeida » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

i'm rooting for mu. really want to see mu in all their charm. in madrid they didnt show it.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 pm

giggs runs like he is in his 20s :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Don't want to jinx him ,but iv'e been watching this kid Varane for a few games now and he looks like quality!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Impressive first half by Manchester United so far :o ...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League