Aston Villa v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Aston Villa v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:57 am

Aston Villa lost 2-1 to Arsenal at the Emirates and are now in the relegation zone , manager Paul Lambeth thinks his side will survive though .."I thought they were excellent throughout. I felt we should have scored more than one goal. And I thought we should have been in front at half-time. I thought we were unlucky to be down."But we came out in the second half and went again - and got the equaliser. The equaliser was a brilliant finish, from a fantastic counter-attack"We certainly didn't deserve to lose the game."

Man City beat Chelsea 2-0 at the Etihad to keep some hope of catching leaders Man Utd at the top of the table , the gap remains at 12 pts ..manager Roberto Mancini said after the game . "In football, it's finished when it's finished - in the last minute of the last game , for us, it's not important to look at the table, only to continue to work like today, to play well and to improve because we can improve. Only this and maybe look at the table in one month."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Did you know that The Villans haven’t kept a clean sheet in 11 league games; the longest current such run in the Premier League.

Any comments or predictions for tonights match?

A draw would be enough to lift Aston Villa out of the relegation zone but I can't see them doing that against Man City.

Villa 1-3 City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Line ups

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, N’Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Benteke;

Subs: Given, Sylla, Holman, Dawkins, Lichaj, El Ahmadi, Bowery

Man City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell, Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez;

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Kolarov, Nasri, Sinclair, Barry, Dzeko
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:53 pm

HT

Aston Villa 0-1 Man City
Tevez 45'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Jeezy Peeps, this game is going one way only. Fair enough, not exactly a shock with the form Villa have shown this season, though I was hoping they would make more of a game of it. They obviously lack any real quality up front, I can't help but think they would be competitive if they had splashed the cash on a decent striker in the transfer window. Guess we'll never know...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:14 pm

FT

Aston Villa 0-1 Man City
0-1 Tevez 45'

Villa will stay in the relegation zone after this defeat while City remain 12 points behind Utd in the title race.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 am

I thought that Kid Lowton had a shocking game today ,he didn't deserve to be on that pitch and the fact that that manager kept him on tells me Villa should be very worried about staying in the prem.
Great bit of fight by Villa against a team with about 3 times the talent on the pitch ,but little weaknesses as showed with the manager lets them down.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League