Liverpool v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Liverpool have still not given up hope of a place in europe after beating Wigan 4-0 at the DW Stadium , and it was Luis Suarez who won again proved to be the main man for The Reds ...the Brazilian scored a hatrick to take over as the Premier League`s top scorer ..the win put them up to 7th , just 3 pts behind Merseyside rival Everton ..manager Brendan Roidgers spoke of Suarez after the game .."Suarez is a real pleasure to work with. Every week I stand talking superlatives, but his biggest attribute is humility. He never looks for a lazy day and is the first out on the training pitch every day, which is why he's so special to his team-mates."

Tottenham beat north london rivals Arsenal 2-1 in a game that put 7 pts between the two side in the battle for Champions League qualification ...two goals in 3 mins for Tottenham before half time were enough to get the 3 pts and kept them in 3rd place ahead of Chelsea .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Liverpool 3 Spurs 1
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Even as a Liverpool fan, it will be hilarious watching Carragher attempt to defend Bale.

I hope I'm wrong.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am

Mrtz right, Bale's gonna pace rape us. Only way Carra will keep up with Bale is if he's high on performance enhancing drugs.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am

mrtz wrote:Even as a Liverpool fan, it will be hilarious watching Carragher attempt to defend Bale.

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't tink any manager in his right mind would put Carragher at his age up against Bale,so i am assuming Rodgers will bin that idea!

Still Liverpool 3 Spurs 1
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 pm

specnur wrote:
mrtz wrote:Even as a Liverpool fan, it will be hilarious watching Carragher attempt to defend Bale.

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't tink any manager in his right mind would put Carragher at his age up against Bale,so i am assuming Rodgers will bin that idea!

Doesn't matter if Rodgers plans it out. It's a weak spot, and Bale will just drift over there and find Carra.

I hope you are right, though.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 pm

mrtz wrote:
specnur wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't matter if Rodgers plans it out. It's a weak spot, and Bale will just drift over there and find Carra.

I hope you are right, though.

I just think Allen and Lucas are quick enough to react to any of Bale's wandering in from the wing or at least he should be.
If it were me managing that team that is exactly what i would make them aware of . I think Liverpool have better concentration at the back than Arsenal who pretty much nullified Bale the entire game ,just one lapse that cost them,and he was pretty much out of the game again. So i think Liverpool should go with Skrtl and Agger,johnson,Sanchez ,Joe Allen and Lucas, Gerrard ,Coutinho, Saurez and Sturridge , should be a good win for Liverpool with that lot.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Who is Sanchez??!?!?!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm

mrtz wrote:Who is Sanchez??!?!?!

Enrique ,sorry .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm

specnur wrote:
mrtz wrote:Who is Sanchez??!?!?!

Enrique ,sorry .

:lol: He's always the forgotten man. I know Johaldo used to call him Luis Enrique.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 am

I've posted elsewhere a 1-1 scoreline, and I'll stick to that. Perry Groves was on the radio forecasting a 'Pool win yesterday, as Spurs have played three big games in 17 days, and will be feeling jaded whereas the opposition have had easy games, racking up a load of goals on the way. Even Gooners make valid points occasionally, this will be a testing match for Tottenham, but my confidence in AVB is growing all the time. I think we have enough quality all round the park to give Liverpool problems, and keep the likes of the Suarez man in check.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Did you know that Gareth Bale is looking to become the first Tottenham player to score in six successive Premier League games.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:I've posted elsewhere a 1-1 scoreline, and I'll stick to that. Perry Groves was on the radio forecasting a 'Pool win yesterday, as Spurs have played three big games in 17 days, and will be feeling jaded whereas the opposition have had easy games, racking up a load of goals on the way. Even Gooners make valid points occasionally, this will be a testing match for Tottenham, but my confidence in AVB is growing all the time. I think we have enough quality all round the park to give Liverpool problems, and keep the likes of the Suarez man in check.

IF If Liverpool do their homework and figure out Demebe is the ONLY creative force in that midfield of yours ,i think your team has a rough day of it. Not saying Rodgers is as knowledgeable as my good self ,but i give him at lease that much credit to see that Spurs don't have much in that area of the pitch. The key point in that case would be your flanks with Lennon and Bale and i think Enrique and Johnson are good enough with a little help to give them enough trouble not to get into a comfortable flow down there. just my opinion of course,but this is a tough one for Spurs. Then again you never know what team Rodgers is going to put out there. If he goes long with Henderson, Downing,Gerarrd,and omits lucas and Allen Spurs will win it.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Line ups

LIVERPOOL:
Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez...

SUBS: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Skrtel, Henderson, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling.

Tottenham
Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Bale, Defoe...

SUBS: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Gallas, Huddlestone, Carroll, Holtby.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:58 pm

HT

Liverpool 1-1 Tottenham
1-0 Suarez 21'
1-1 Vertonghen 45'

Its all square at the break!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm

Half time, honours even. Fair enough, Spurs have had more than their fair share of play. Gonna be interesting what AVB does 2nd half, the team is looking a bit unbalanced with Dembele out on the wing.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Get in! A must-win game, and we won it. Hope these results keep going!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm

FT

Liverpool 3-2 Tottenham
1-0 Suarez 21’
1-1 Vertonghen 45’
1-2 Vertonghen 53’
2-2 Downing 66’
3-2 Gerrard 82’ (pen)

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Ouch, licking my wounds, never nice to go ahead like that but end up losing. I'm not going to whinge about the penalty decision or anything else for that matter. Spurs played well for long periods of the game, and a couple of comedy defensive blunders gave 'Pool the chances to take the game. Fair dos, the party had to come to an end sometime but I'm confident Spurs will stay strong to the end of the season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeah Pickster, very frustrating to lose like that.

We were so in control of the game it was almost inevitable that they would come back. Funnily enough i said to a liverpoo mate of mine that even though we were 2-1 up, whoever scored the next goal would win the game. So it proved.

You can't be gifting goals away like that. Ridiculous defending by Walker and Defoe.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League