Newcastle v Stoke

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Stoke

Postby Conner99 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Newcastle suffered a 1-0 defeat at Swansea ..it came just 5 mins from the end and it was frustrating for manager Alan Pardew who though his side deserved something from the game .."We are frustrated and disappointed we did not even get a draw as we more than deserved that.We missed two or three big chances and you cannot do that at this level. The goal was sloppy, it's a ball into the box, we had four defenders there and it should have been dealt with better, unfortunately it wasn't and it cost us."

Stoke suffered only their second defeat at home this season as West Ham beat them 1-0 , it was hard on Stoke who felt they should have had at least one penalty , manager Tony Pulis was also unhappy over the goal that cost his side the match .."We are disappointed with their goal because Andy Carroll drags Ryan Shawcross in the build up and I thought we should have got a free-kick."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 pm

I can't really call this game ,it should be an even game i reckon Stoke are pretty proficient defensively and Cisse just isn't rocking my boat. He has the ability to score stunning goals when given the space and bounce of the ball ,but he just doesn't create enough chances from nothing for a go to guy. 1-1

When's ben arfa back?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am

specnur wrote:I can't really call this game ,it should be an even game i reckon Stoke are pretty proficient defensively and Cisse just isn't rocking my boat. He has the ability to score stunning goals when given the space and bounce of the ball ,but he just doesn't create enough chances from nothing for a go to guy. 1-1

When's ben arfa back?

He was back yesterday, playing against Anzhi.

We need to win this one - I don't want us to go into the big European match on Thursday thinking about relegation. We've got a trophy to think about. An actual trophy, that the Toonies can win.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Did you know that Stoke have failed to score in five of their last six Premier League away games and their total of eight road goals is the lowest in the top-flight this season.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Newcastle 3 Stoke 1, based on the fact that the Magpies have better attacking options and Stoke have an abysmal away record. The Geordies should have their tails up after the result in Europe, and they are at home, Nick is right they gotta win!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Line ups

Newcastle United:
Elliot; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Cabaye (c), Tiote; Gutierrez, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse.

Subs: Harper, Haidara, Perch, Anita, Obertan, Marveaux, Campbell.

Stoke City:
Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Wilkinson; Shotton, Whelan, Nzonzi, Walters; Jerome, Crouch.

Subs: Sorensen, Jones, Owen, Adam, Whitehead, Kightly, Shea.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:20 pm

HT

Newcastle 0-0 Stoke
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm

FT

Newcastle 2-1 Stoke
0-1 Walters 67’ (pen.)
1-1 Cabaye 72'
2-1 Cissé 90’

Cisse with an injury time winner!

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Good win for the Magpies, missed the game as I was watching Spurs get beat by Liverpool. A few drops of Brown Ale will be enjoyed in Geordieland tonight I suspect.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:08 am

Alan Pardew is now confident that the Toon is safe from relegation after another poor display from TP's Stoke.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Barclays Premier League