Chelsea v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Chelsea beat West Brom 1-0 and continued their 100% record in the Premier League against the Black Cats , Chelsea never really looked too much in trouble and a total of 25 shots on goal showed how dominant they were .

West Ham beat Stoke 1-0 and claimed their first away win since back in November , the Hammers moved 9 pts clear of the relegation zone and manager Sam Allardyce said after the game ..."it was a great victory" .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 am

Its been a couple of weeks since West Ham last played which should mean we are fully rested
where as Chelsea have been involved in the FA Cup and Europa and will all be hopefully very tired.

Its still going to be a extremely tough match for us and I would be delighted to come away with a point.

My prediction - Chelsea 2-2 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 am

Well I hope Rafa was able to sort things out despite Chelsea's congested fixtures so they can still a field a winning side this weekend.

I think he was able to rest Lampard, Ivanovic, Cahill. Marin and Moses can start to.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Did you know that West Ham have not won a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge since September 2002.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 pm

hard to see us being able to bring home points from there, but definitely to be watched, especially since rubin is also to take on chelsea the snow white.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 am

With Arsenal's recent win, this fixture just became more meaningful to us, I'm confident we'll get 3pts here as West Ham have had tough times away from Upton Park this season.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:10 am

I've predicted 3-1 to Chelsea elsewhere, hard to see West Ham doing the biz but I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't like to see The Hammers give Rafa some 'bubble trouble'!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Line ups

Chelsea:
Cech; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Moses, Mata, Hazard; Ba.

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand, Mikel, Oscar, Torres.

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Collins, O'Brien; O'Neil, Diame, Collison, Jarvis, Vaz Te; Carroll.

Subs: Spiegel, McCartney, Pogatetz, Tomkins, Taylor, C.Cole, Chamakh.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 pm

HT

Chelsea 1-0 West Ham

Lampard
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby saulG » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Goal Eden Hazard :shock:
saulG
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:12 pm

FT

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham
1-0 Lampard 19'
2-0 Hazard 50'

Frank Lampard scored his 200th Chelsea goal and is now just 2 behind the all time record.

The Blues move up into 3rd place in the table and are looking good now to finish in the top 4.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, didn't watch the game, caught a bit on the radio and it sounded like Chelsea were very much in charge. Predictable stuff, so with the Spurs result another reason not to bother with MOTD tonight!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm

allardyce rock bottom Image

what kind of football is his team playing? west ham had had 20 matches less than chelski in the season and a 2 weeks rest and still failed to keep pace with the blues. Image Image in fact, chelsea looked far fresher than the hammers who were simply impotant at getting the ball back and pressing in the midield.

collins the bald pumpkim :lol: really love this guy. who put the bruise under his eye and why was he substituted without visible reasons? and by who? by tomkins! :lol:

was really pleased to watch demba ba messing it up one after another. what a replacement for torres :lol: players have forgot how to score absolute sitters in this league. is it really the best? are you sure, my good man? Image

on the whole barring the opening part when west ham looked no worse than the opponents chelsea were head and shoulders above. the second half would have been absolutely embarassing if the blues hadnt cooled down after the second goal allowing themselves to relax and easily lead the game to a victory.

allardyce rock bottom Image
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm not going to watch the highlights tonight and prefer instead to watch Angelina Jolie in her movie called Salt.

If West Ham's players can't be bothered to turn up why should I bother watching them?

We are right back in a relegation dog fight now and are only 6 points above the drop zone.

We are still very much in massive danger and need to wake up our ideas before its too late.

I'm just pleased our owners wont give Allardyce a new contract until we know what division we are in next season.

The way things are going at the moment we better start packing our bags for the Championship.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:36 am

Can't imagine Chelsea without Lamps.

I hope Demba Ba would not miss that much chances next time. We don't want him to be the new Torres.

That was easy three points. I didn't what Jääskeläinen was doing between the posts though.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 am

bit of over the top reactions above - i have to laugh.

who expected anything other than a home win here? let's face it, Chelsea are vastly superior in every position so of course we're not going to match them for the majority of the game.

as for relegation talk, our home games will be the key to staying up not games ilke this.

4 points should be all that's needed and we should pick that amount up comfortably. if we don't, we deserve to go down.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:07 pm

you're right steely. watching... THIS... i couldnt help feeling that allardyce had said to them right the same thing. come on, lads, we all know bloody well we wont get anything from this, so know the fans. so why exert ourselves? we'd better think of and concentrate on remaining home matches to gain cherrished four points. rock bottom mentality Image

they had the two week rest steely for god's sake. while the chelski players are undisputably better it's not like me up against usein bolt, you know. with proper desire and mood every team can simply outrun their rivals even if they are technically inferior to them. i didnt see that in this game at all. maybe only jarvis tried his best on the flank, that's all.

and who planted that nice one under the eye of my beloved bald pumpkin? :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:28 pm

I see that Hammers fans could be in trouble for throwing coins
at Frank Lampard when he scored Chelsea's opening goal on Sunday.
Maybe he shouldn't have celebrated in such a provocative way in front of the away supporters?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:43 pm

it always baffles me what makes fans do it. very immature...
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Hams wrote:Did you know that West Ham have not won a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge since September 2002.

and they still havent... :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League