Swansea v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Swansea v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Swansea lost 2-2 to West Brom and it was another game where a decison has been controversial . manager Michael Laudrup spoke about the disallowed goal that would have earned his side a point .."What makes me frustrated is when you see our disallowed goal. We are not talking about a decision, we are talking about the rules of football."When the ball comes back not off one player, but two, it cannot be offside. It's like giving offside from a throw-in. It's frustrating."

Arsenal lost the North London derby against Totteham 2-1 and now have to really fight hard to get into a Champions League qualifying place ..being in 5th place in the table means a win againtst Swansea and Arsene Wenger will ne hoping his side can rediscover the form of last season that saw them claim third spot on the final day of the season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 am

Arsenal rested a few players against Munich last night but will be without Jack Wilshere which is a big blow.
In the past you would have backed the Gunners to easily win this one but that is not the case with Swansea any more.

My prediction - Swansea 1-1 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Did you know that Swansea are looking to win four Premier League home games in a row for the first time.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Re: Swansea v Arsenal

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Conner99 wrote:Swansea lost 2-2 to West Brom

I spotted your deliberate mistake Conner, do I get a prize? Swansea have a frickin' solid home record, Everton gave them a 0-3 drubbing earlier in the season, but other than that no team has gone there and spanked them this season. I think they will cause Arsenal problems, so I'm going for the obvious call 1-1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

Line ups

Swansea:
Vorm, Rangel, Williams, Monk, Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu.

Subs: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Bartley, Lamah, Routledge, Shechter, Moore.

Arsenal:
Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud.

Subs: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquelin, Rosicky, Ramsey, Gervinho.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:00 pm

HT

Swansea 0-0 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm

FT

Swansea 0-2 Arsenal
0-1 Monreal 74’
0-2 Gervinho 90’

Any comments on todays Gunners victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Very good result for the Gooners, Swansea certainly did threaten in the first half without converting their chances. Looks like we gotta get the 'W' tomorrow!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:45 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Very good result for the Gooners, Swansea certainly did threaten in the first half without converting their chances. Looks like we gotta get the 'W' tomorrow!

Seeing their next fixtures, Spurs need a win tomorow as the following weeks will be tougher for them compared to Arsenal whose upcoming fixtures are highly winnable.

Good win for Arsenal, being just the third team to take 3pts at Liberty Stadium this season.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Massive win this one for Arsenal this one ,could have lost off of the disappointment of Champions league futility ,but we soldiered through. Didn't see the game only the hi-lights ,but i would love to think that the goal from Gervinho will elevate his confidence for he remainder of the season. If not the goal in itself will help keep the other strikers on point if they want to start games.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Rach » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm

very glad we won cos I was at the game!

the best team definitely won. couldn't even celebrate the goals though as I was sitting with the Swansea season ticket holders...
Rach
World Class
World Class

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:22 am

This might prove to be a pivotal week for Arsenal's top 4 chase after Tottenham failed to keep distance after losing to Fulham.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:

I spotted your deliberate mistake Conner, do I get a prize? Swansea have a frickin' solid home record, Everton gave them a 0-3 drubbing earlier in the season, but other than that no team has gone there and spanked them this season. I think they will cause Arsenal problems, so I'm going for the obvious call 1-1.

.. :lol: yes thanks ..glad to see you are alert .. :roll:

well ...we got a very important win ..did not count on Spurs losing of course , which was an added bonus . It`s is a shame we have an international break now ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:

.. :lol: yes thanks ..glad to see you are alert .. :roll:

well ...we got a very important win ..did not count on Spurs losing of course , which was an added bonus . It`s is a shame we have an international break now ...

Damn right! International break should give Spurs time to regroup ,i wonder how many of their players will be coaxed into not playing for their national team? Is it world cup qualifiers or just friendlies? Could determine the season.
Two massive player for Spurs right now play for Belgium Vertongen and Dembele and of course Wales rely big time on Bale more than any team leans on one player on the planet right now. If they get injured it would be devastation!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:25 am

Rach wrote:very glad we won cos I was at the game!

the best team definitely won. couldn't even celebrate the goals though as I was sitting with the Swansea season ticket holders...

Are you sure you were there Rach? :wink:

According to my reports Swansea were the better team until Michael Laudrup took off their best player Ki on 67 minutes.

Up until that point the Welsh side had dominated the midfield and looked good enough to at least get a point from the game.

It looks like Wenger no longer has any confidence in either Szczesny or Vermaelen with both being dropped to the subs bench.

Arsenal have a great chance to at least finish in 4th place now with Spurs pressing the self destruct button in recent fixtures.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 am

Hams wrote:
It looks like Wenger no longer has any confidence in either Szczesny or Vermaelen with both being dropped to the subs bench.

Arsenal have a great chance to at least finish in 4th place now with Spurs pressing the self destruct button in recent fixtures.

They might have been on a better spot now, if not for those two. I think they have cost their side of atleast 6pts.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Hams wrote:
According to my reports Swansea were the better team until Michael Laudrup took off their best player Ki on 67 minutes.

Up until that point the Welsh side had dominated the midfield and looked good enough to at least get a point from the game.
a great chance to at least finish in 4th place now with Spurs pressing the self destruct button in recent fixtures.

:o wherever you are getting your reports from I suggest don't , Arsenal were rarely in danger ...Swansea had just 2 shots on target the entire match compared to us ...we had 11 on target , it was not a tough match for Lucas Fabianski in his first match for ages ..Swansea had a spell in the first half with a few chances ..but those were not good enough to trouble Fabianski . We didn't play fantastic but got the breakthrough in the end and I think we deserved it as Rach said .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 am

Is the election of a new pope has something to do with Arsenal's recent wins? Arsenal's last silverware was in May 2005 one month after the previous pope was elected. Since the we know what happened to them, or should I say what did not happen to them but right after Benedict XVI's successor was elected, Arsenal have beaten one of the top clubs in Europe in their own turf. And then 3 days after beat Swansea in the Prem, being just the third team to win at Liberty Stadium this season. We'll see what happens next
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:04 am

I'm a little late but a great result for the Gooners, whether the Pope came into it or not ;).

I never ruled us out but I'm fairly hopeful we'll finish in the top four this season, I'm just not going to be celebrating another trophy-less season too much.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Rach » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Hams wrote:
Rach wrote:very glad we won cos I was at the game!

Are you sure you were there Rach? :wink:

Pretty sure, yup! We were definitely the better team...the ox hit the cross bar twice! we were always the more likely to score!
Rach
World Class
World Class

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League