Wigan v Newcastle

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Wigan v Newcastle

Postby Conner99 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Wigan may be doing ok in the FA Cup but they better now concentrate on their Premier League survival ..after a 4-0 loss at home to Liverpool the Latics dropped back into the bottom three ..manager Roberto Martinez knows all too well how important the next 10 games are .."every game is important now , we need to be perfect "


Newcastle scored a last minute winner to beat Stoke 2-1 and moved further up the table to relative safety ..with Europa Leagues games coming up it was a good result for the Magpies and manager Alan Pardew said after the game .."it's difficult to quantify [how important it is]. It was a tight game. Stoke were excellent. Every question we asked they had an answer for."
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 am

The Toon are still not safe from relegation but if they have their best team out for this they should win away at Wigan.

My prediction - Wigan 1-2 Newcastle
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 am

Wigan 2 - 1 Newcastle. If Cisse scores, reverse the scoreline.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Conner99 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Hams wrote:The Toon are still not safe from relegation but if they have their best team out for this they should win away at Wigan.

My prediction - Wigan 1-2 Newcastle


I think they are , considering the bottom three clubs would have to each pick up a minimum 12 pts from the next 8 or 9 games before Newcastle even have to bother to worry about going down ...and of course Newcastle would have to drop something like 20 pts to be in any real danger ..

Wigan I fancy to win this considering their position ...I say 3-1
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Did you know that The Magpies have scored just two goals in six trips to the DW Stadium.

Just heard that Ben Arfa will be out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury which is a blow for them.

Any more comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:56 am

He might have returned early from injury. Wigan would be my pick here, even though AP's side show amazing form as of late. Good thing for them that Cabaye will return after appearing to be hurt when they hosted Anzhi in EL.

Wigan have won the same fixture last season at 4-0.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Line ups

WIGAN:
Robles, Kone, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Maloney, Gomez, McManaman, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner.

Subs: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Di Santo, Henriquez, McArthur, Stam, Golobart.

NEWCASTLE:
Elliot; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Gutierrez, Tiote; Marveaux, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse.

Subs: Harper, Haidara, Anita, Perch, Gosling, Obertan, Shola Ameobi
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Quite a surprise that Roberto Martinez has left Al Habsi on the bench and gone instead for Spanish keeper Robles!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 pm

HT

Wigan 1-0 Newcastle

Beausejour
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Shocking tackle from McManaman on Yanga-Mbiwa!

How the Wigan player never even got a yellow card is a disgrace.

It all kicked off at the break as they went off with Newcastle coach John Carver being sent off by the referee.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:06 pm

FT

Wigan 2-1 Newcastle
1-0 Beausejour 18’
1-1 Santon 72’
2-1 Koné 90'

A controversial late winner for Wigan.

The goal shouldn't have been allowed as there was a hand ball from Figueroa in the build up play.

There was also the awful tackle on sub Haidara by McManaman in the first half which wasn't even punished.

Any comments on todays match?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 am

Wigan were lucky to bag all points!
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Italy

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:15 am

I'm going to say something that might be unpopular here ,but as you know i don't give a sh!t!
but if that tackle was the other way around not only would have the newcastle player got a red ,but the FA may have looked for further punishment. What a disgrace that challenge was and what a disgrace that bunch of officials are. There is not a person in the world who can't tell me not of of them saw that ! And it really backs up my claim of the subconscious bias in embedded in refs that has not been faced by anyone yet.
Criminality goes unpunished.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16145
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Well the Wigan player McManaman could yet be in trouble as the FA are now studying the incident.
Any more thoughts on this?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40030
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 pm

specnur wrote:I'm going to say something that might be unpopular here ,but as you know i don't give a sh!t!
but if that tackle was the other way around not only would have the newcastle player got a red ,but the FA may have looked for further punishment. What a disgrace that challenge was and what a disgrace that bunch of officials are. There is not a person in the world who can't tell me not of of them saw that ! And it really backs up my claim of the subconscious bias in embedded in refs that has not been faced by anyone yet.
Criminality goes unpunished.


you have a point really ...i also cant believe even at full speed no official saw that tackle as a bookable offence , where were they looking ..into the stands or up in the air ..!! It was a clear as day red card for McManaman , i also disagree with Martinez who says "What you need to look at in those incidents is if there is intention, a nastiness about the tackle. We are not a nasty team"
No sorry ...a bad tackle is still a bad tackle whether the player means it or not .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Conner99 wrote:
specnur wrote:I'm going to say something that might be unpopular here ,but as you know i don't give a sh!t!
but if that tackle was the other way around not only would have the newcastle player got a red ,but the FA may have looked for further punishment. What a disgrace that challenge was and what a disgrace that bunch of officials are. There is not a person in the world who can't tell me not of of them saw that ! And it really backs up my claim of the subconscious bias in embedded in refs that has not been faced by anyone yet.
Criminality goes unpunished.


you have a point really ...i also cant believe even at full speed no official saw that tackle as a bookable offence , where were they looking ..into the stands or up in the air ..!! It was a clear as day red card for McManaman , i also disagree with Martinez who says "What you need to look at in those incidents is if there is intention, a nastiness about the tackle. We are not a nasty team"
No sorry ...a bad tackle is still a bad tackle whether the player means it or not .


Exactly it was the worst case of recklessness i have ever seen ,if he was not intentionally trying to injure the player.
Martinez has to defend his player in the crisis his team is under right now publicly i guess ,as he doesn't want his team to lose that intensity right now. Anyway, i hope the player has no long term injuries from that horror!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16145
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:49 am

Hams wrote:Well the Wigan player McManaman could yet be in trouble as the FA are now studying the incident.
Any more thoughts on this?


Well if you'll ask Wigan chairman Dave Whelan, he'll say the tackle's clean as a whistle :shock:
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Klaas Bruinsma wrote:
Hams wrote:Well the Wigan player McManaman could yet be in trouble as the FA are now studying the incident.
Any more thoughts on this?


Well if you'll ask Wigan chairman Dave Whelan, he'll say the tackle's clean as a whistle :shock:


Compare and contrast - Whelan - March 2013:

"The ball was there and McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided. He hasn't gone over the ball. That's an accident.

“When I broke my leg in the (1960 FA) cup final it was exactly the same type of tackle. We both went for the ball. It brought back memories. It ruined my career.

"I am not going to criticise Norman Deeley - these things happen in football. He came over the ball, but he didn't do it with the aim of breaking my leg."

Whelan - May 2010:

"Norman Deeley came right over the ball. Today he would have been sent off and banned for a long time. He came six inches over the ball, he came for me not the ball."


hypocritical, shitmouthed twat at it again.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39933
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Today the FA have said they won't be charging Mcmanaman for the tackle :shock:
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Compare and contrast - Whelan - March 2013:

"The ball was there and McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided. He hasn't gone over the ball. That's an accident.

“When I broke my leg in the (1960 FA) cup final it was exactly the same type of tackle. We both went for the ball. It brought back memories. It ruined my career.

"I am not going to criticise Norman Deeley - these things happen in football. He came over the ball, but he didn't do it with the aim of breaking my leg."

Whelan - May 2010:

"Norman Deeley came right over the ball. Today he would have been sent off and banned for a long time. He came six inches over the ball, he came for me not the ball."


hypocritical, shitmouthed twat at it again.


he obviously lacks your investigative skills and is maybe getting a little old so he does not remember what he said back then .. :wink:
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest