Population and international football

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Does population help countries win trophies

Yes
3
27%
No
8
73%
 
Total votes : 11

Population and international football

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:41 am

Does population help countries win trophies?
(moved from another thread, where the question was deemed off-topic)
tdv123 wrote:That's just stupid, population has nothing to do with football.

Holland have produced some of the best players, managers & teams of all time. So have Scotland.


Which country has won the World Cup 5 times? A country with almost 200 million people.
How many semi-finals have Scotland been in, in their entire history - none.

Why are San Marino so incredibly useless? Because of having a small population.

You're talking utter crap, and if you can't see it, I cannot help you.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 am

:lol:

san marino.....)) do they have professionals players at all? or it's just a team of bankers, bakers and postmen? :lol:

well, nick. if population is indeed the driving factor for you, then explain me - why china is nothing and no one and nowhere at all in the football world? 1500000000 of pupulation, are you kiding me? :lol:
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:33 am

Almeida wrote::lol:

san marino.....)) do they have professionals players at all? or it's just a team of bankers, bakers and postmen? :lol:

well, nick. if population is indeed the driving factor for you, then explain me - why china is nothing and no one and nowhere at all in the football world? 1500000000 of pupulation, are you kiding me? :lol:


I don't believe this - someone wake me up, I must be having a nighmare.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 am

:lol:

nightmare is in here....)))

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO89V_wKK8M[/video]
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby BMJ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Almeida wrote::lol:

nightmare is in here....)))

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO89V_wKK8M[/video]


When you don't fight it gives you time to practice marching. :lol:
User avatar
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Hektorek » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm convinced population has nothing to do with trophies and football stars. What do India have from their 1.2 bilion of citizens if they have no football schools, no system of training young players and helping them in going through next stages of professional football? In addition, it's a national sport and don't cause heated debates among people. The same about such giants as China and United States. They care about table tennis, basketball and baseball.

Brazil is one of the most succedded football countries in the world because they treat this sport like a religion. I talked to one of Brazilians when I was in Oxford in July and he told me: "We don't care about politics. Everyone cares only about football." They play it everywhere. On the beach, in school breaks, during barbecues etc. They have amazing football traditions and all the things in Brazil are around football. In my opinion, Brazilian Serie A is one of the greatest leagues in the world. And becoming a professional footballer in Brazil is much easier than in Poland or mentioned by you San Marino.
User avatar
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 pm
Location: Poland

Postby mrtz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:28 pm

No, not at all.

Ranked (Population/FIFA Ranking)

China (1/109)
India (2/143)
USA (3/33)
Indonesia (4/166)
Brazil (5/18 )
Pakistan (6/171)
Nigeria (7/30)
Bangladesh (8/157)
Russia (9/10)
Japan (10/26)
Mexico (11/15)
Philippines (12/145)
Vietnam (13/129)
Ethiopia (14/112)
Egypt (15/75)

Those are the top 15 in order for most populous nations in the world. Only Brazil has won a World Cup. Nigeria has won some trophies in Africa, but isn't exactly a world superpower.

USA, Russia, Japan, Mexico, and Egypt's teams are fairly comparable and wouldn't exactly be considered favorites to win anything at a World Cup.

The South, East, and South East Asian nations aren't in the radar when it comes to world football either.

Based on the latest FIFA Rankings, only Russia and Mexico are in the top 15.

Then you have a look at countries like Uruguay, Croatia, and the Netherlands whose populations combined wouldn't match that of Egypt's all see some success.
User avatar
mrtz
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15177
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:08 am
Location: New York, New York

Re: Population and international football

Postby tdv123 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:Does population help countries win trophies?
(moved from another thread, where the question was deemed off-topic)
tdv123 wrote:That's just stupid, population has nothing to do with football.

Holland have produced some of the best players, managers & teams of all time. So have Scotland.


Which country has won the World Cup 5 times? A country with almost 200 million people.
How many semi-finals have Scotland been in, in their entire history - none.

Why are San Marino so incredibly useless? Because of having a small population.

You're talking utter crap, and if you can't see it, I cannot help you.



Why are China so incredibly useless? Because of having a big population.

You're talking utter crap, and if you can't see it, I cannot help you
User avatar
tdv123
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Ireland,Dublin

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm

BMJ wrote:
Almeida wrote::lol:

nightmare is in here....)))

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO89V_wKK8M[/video]


When you don't fight it gives you time to practice marching. :lol:

i was wondering if i could rectify that a bit? when you dont fight on the football battlefields it give you time to practice marching :lol: hektorek is absolutely right. i may add only that such contries as brazil have very friendly nature enviroment for such sport as football. as i said in another topic, you can take a million of brazilian boys at the age of say 5 to russia or poland and no one of them will ever make the likes of ronaldo or pele. arshavin or levandovsky at best :lol:
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:00 pm

I really really do give up.
You're all joking with me aren't you :lol: :lol: :lol:
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 pm

The following countries have won World Cups.

1) Uruguay
2) Italy
3) Argentina
4) Germany
5) Brazil
6) England
7) France
8.) Spain

Uruguay in the only one which is in the bottom half of countries in the world, in terms of population. And it is 135th out of 242 countries, so quite near the middle.

All the other countries have among the biggest 31 populations, with Brazil winning it the most times.

The smallest countries in Europe that have international football teams are Andorra, Liechtenstein and San Marino. What do those 3 teams have in common?

Now, please, stop talking utter shite.
Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:49 pm

You forgot about Spain.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39676
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:The smallest countries in Europe that have international football teams are Andorra, Liechtenstein and San Marino. What do those 3 teams have in common?

Now, please, stop talking utter shite.

Image

impossible case.))))))))))))
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm so sorry, Hams.
I'll correct it now.
:lol:
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm

7 out of the 8 World Cup winning nations are in the top 1/8 of the world's countries in terms of population.

That is just a fact, and isn't difficult to check - is that only a coincidence???

In light of that fact, do people really think population has nothing to do with it?
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:In light of that fact, do people really think population has nothing to do with it?

look at the poll, mate. you are all alone in the universe, i'm afraid :lol:
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Almeida wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:In light of that fact, do people really think population has nothing to do with it?

look at the poll, mate. you are all alone in the universe, i'm afraid :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia is one of the worst football nations in Europe, if you divide it by population. After you lost Ukraine, we saw that it was Ukraine that had kept the Soviet team going all those years.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Simply » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm

I still wonder why China didn't won the last 10 Worldcups...
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Simply wrote:I still wonder why China didn't won the last 10 Worldcups...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:32 pm

:lol:

nope, dude. over the bar as usual. judging by the right logic which is reflected in the poll above england would be the worst football nation in europe. such a long tradition, so many schools, plenty of nice pithes, best leauge in the world, money, attention from the govt and people and... still a flop.)))))))
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Next

Return to General Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests