West Ham v West Brom

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v West Brom

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:39 pm

West Ham found Chelsea just too hot to handle as they lost 2-0 at Stamford Bridge ...a double over the Blues was never really on following their 3-1 win at Upton Park back in December ...manager Sam Allardyce had to admit his side were never in the match really .."We had a couple of chances and you have to try and put them in the net. We did not do that and we have suffered for it. They deserved to win and we have to accept that. It is not going to define our season, beating them once is enough, beating them again would just be greedy."

West Brom have enjoyed a great season so far under Steve Clarke ..a 0-0 draw against Stoke kept the Baggies in the top half of the table and he was happy enough with a point ..It's a point we're happy with. It's a difficult place to come, we defended well and they didn't have many chances either. "The positives for us are that we have got a clean sheet and a hard-earned point away from home."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 am

This is a really massive must win game for the Hammers and Allardyce if he wants to remain as West Ham manager.

West Ham 2-1 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby redpelt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I think West Brom are significantly better with Morrison and Gera and albeit from the form
of Lukaku I think those two are unsung heroes in West Brom's surprisingly lofty position
in the table,so with Gera and Morrison notable absentees for WBA and West Ham with the
returning Joe Cole from a hamstring and possibly a line up including Nolan and Collison,I
think the Hammers will win this one.

West Ham 1 WBA 0
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:43 pm

a west ham home game?

that can't be right, surely? i think Haley's Comet is around more frequent than our home games at the minute.

devastating win for Allardyce's men as the Baggies crumble into a quivering heap.

3-0
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Steely Hill wrote:a west ham home game?

that can't be right, surely? i think Haley's Comet is around more frequent than our home games at the minute.

devastating win for Allardyce's men as the Baggies crumble into a quivering heap.

3-0

... :lol: and Allardyce will be one step closer to a new contract ..Hams will be pleased .. :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 am

Did you know that WBA have won only four of their 38 Premier League trips
to London (D9 L25), with only one of these victories coming in the last 13 (D5 L7).

The Hammer should have Kevin Nolan and Joe Cole back for this crucial fixture.

West Ham's possible line up

.................... Jääskeläinen.................................

Demel.........Collins.........Reid....................O'Brien

...........................Diame.........................................

...........J.Cole.........................Collison..........Jarvis

.........................Nolan......Carroll........................
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:27 pm

not sure if i will be able to cacth this game, a a win here is a must.

still gutted with the display shown at stamford bridge that underminded my confidence in west ham's ability to stay up. still it's hard to believe we might be relegated, but they sure have work to do to mend that opinion of mine.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 pm

the thing is Chelsea are still a top team and West Ham were not really expected to get anything from that game , the threat of relegation is only really mathematical ..the other clubs at the bottom will keep West Ham up ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Line ups

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, Vaz Te, O'Brien, Collins, Demel, Diame, O'Neil.

Subs: McCartney, Tomkins, C.Cole, Collison, Henderson, Taylor, Chamakh.

West Brom:
Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Dorrans, Yacob, Mulumbu, Brunt; Lukaku, Long.

Subs: Myhill (gk); Odemwingie, Fortune, Thomas, Rosenberg, Popov, Tamas.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:55 pm

HT

West Ham 2-0 WBA

Carroll 16'

O'Neil 28'

It was a very good display by the Hammers in the first half.

We should go on to win this game now.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:08 pm

should be a stroll now for West Ham ....
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:14 pm

FT

West Ham 3-1 West Brom
1-0 Carroll 16’
2-0 O'Neil 28’
3-0 Carroll 80’
3-1 Dorrans 88’ (pen.)

Sent 0ff - Mulumbu (WBA)90+4

Any comments on todays result?

Will give my thoughts when I have seen the highlights.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Conner99 wrote:the thing is Chelsea are still a top team and West Ham were not really expected to get anything from that game , the threat of relegation is only really mathematical ..the other clubs at the bottom will keep West Ham up ..

i guess it was just an overreaction from my part, Conner. thank you! :D

well, back to the game now which i did manage to catch and watch to the very end. and i have to say it didnt meet my expectation at all. it way surpassed them, damb me :lol: i thought i'd be another boring and unconvincing game, but it turned out to be entertaining! in fact, the best first half from the hammer i have ever seen. i wish they would always play like that to draw more attention from throughout the world.

many in west ham shirts today deserve having their name mentioned including jaaskie who made a couple decent and crucial to the game's run saves, but i'd like to single out diame who kind of impressed me by his sallies and smart tricks in the midfield. he ran like an athlet and on one occasion took a distant shot which sure would have torn the net apart had he managed to keep the ball low.

it was pleasing to my ears to hear macdonoman sing praises to my beloved bald pumpkin who also had a good game, i think. or maybe it's just west brom that were so poor today? anyway. i didnt keep up with the games recently, so it's interesting why peter odemwingie are being booed by his clubs' fans? i remember that he has been through this at lokomotive moscow already, but what happened here? he was sort of the club's start after his arrival in england, wasnt he?

and a fest today in honor of west ham's staying up! :D the season didnt go for nothing a least.)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Big win for West Ham, to be honest I had this down as a certain draw. Very interesting to see what happens on the managerial front if Allerdyce keeps the Hammers up.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:17 pm

so it's interesting why peter odemwingie are being booed by his clubs' fans? i remember that he has been through this at lokomotive moscow already, but what happened here? he was sort of the club's start after his arrival in england, wasnt he?

Everything was fine with Odemwingie until January when he tried to force West Brom to sell him to QPR.
He even drove his car all the way to London but was refused entry into Rangers stadium and was left sitting outside in the car park.
ever since then he has been writing rubbish on Twitter on a daily basis which is slowly starting to irritate the clubs fans.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Hams wrote:
so it's interesting why peter odemwingie are being booed by his clubs' fans? i remember that he has been through this at lokomotive moscow already, but what happened here? he was sort of the club's start after his arrival in england, wasnt he?

Everything was fine with Odemwingie until January when he tried to force West Brom to sell him to QPR.
He even drove his car all the way to London but was refused entry into Rangers stadium and was left sitting outside in the car park.
ever since then he has been writing rubbish on Twitter on a daily basis which is slowly starting to irritate the clubs fans.

:lol:

decided to get promotion? very ambitious. i'm just speechless.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Big win for West Ham, to be honest I had this down as a certain draw. Very interesting to see what happens on the managerial front if Allerdyce keeps the Hammers up.

i have no idea, but i'd like to hope hammers would fight for a euro spot next season, though it will be hard, for sure, almost impossible. and it will depend on who exactly is in the squad by that time. with this line-up the result will be just the same.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:35 am

Its far too early to be talking about European football next season.

I would be happy to finish around 10th place and maybe do well in one of the cup competitions.

I was very impressed with The Hammers display today and the 3-1 score line reflected our complete dominance.

If Andy Carroll plays the way he did like this for the rest of the season it would be crazy if we didn't try to sign him from Liverpool.

I didn't think that the referee should have awarded West Brom that penalty at the end as there was hardly any contact.

As for that fool Mulumbu what must he have been thinking to kick the ball like that at O'Neill as he will be banned now for 3 games!!

We still are not safe yet from relegation but I think one more win will do it then we can all have a summer party and a drink or two.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:10 am

but could we afford to sing him from liverpool? how much would it cost?

of course, i may be hard to please in this sense, but isnt this what football is all about? what good is playing this game at all if you have no ambitions? what's the use in being an eternal underdog hardly making ends meet? we must grow. especially now that we got the new stadium. money must be being spent to reinforce the squad. somehow allardyce has managed to persuade players to join us on loan this season, but we'd better sing them. if we had more such players as diame at his best we could pretend to a something more. but as it is, you're right, the middle of the table and hope to do well in domestic cups.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 am

besides a shaky 20 mins or so i thought we were the better team and fully deserved our win. little annoyed at the feeble penalty we gave away, ruining our clean sheet but all in all we have to be happy with such a professional, polished performance.

it should also be said that all three goals were absolute crackers for different reasons.

as i said before, our home games will decide our season and that has proven to the case. we can now just aim to finish as high up the league as possible which will determine how much prize money we get without worrying a great deal about the dregs below us.

Carroll, when on that kind of form, is simply unplayable. caused west brom a constant nuisance and while he isn't ever going to be an Ibrahimovic, he is capable of causing a lot of problems and is a valuable asset when used correctly for a club like ours.

was also delighted to see one of our unsung performers O'Neill get himself on the scoresheet. a perfect squad player who has stepped up on a number of occasions.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League