Chelsea v Man Utd - 1st April

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

Chelsea v Man Utd - 1st April

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm

The original game in this FA Cup tie ended in an entertaining 2-2 draw at Old Trafford.

Man Utd took an early 2-0 lead and looked to be heading for the semi finals but Chelsea fought back and should have won.

Do you have any comments or predictions? - This replay will be live on ITV1 on Monday afternoon at 12.30m.
Last edited by Hams on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:23 am

Did you know that Chelsea have only lost one of their last 39 FA Cup games outright, winning 31 and drawing seven.

Will post the line ups before kick off.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Line ups

Chelsea:
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Ba.

Subs: Turnbull, Terry, Bertrand, Lampard, Benayoun, Moses, Torres.

Man Utd:
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani, Hernandez, Welbeck.

Subs: Lindegaard, Vermijl, Giggs, Young, Powell, Kagawa, Van Persie.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 pm

HT

Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

What a goal by Demba Ba!!! Not seen him much since his move to Chelsea tbh but knows hes good, but not this good! :)

That was a lot of grund to cover and stretching his long legs to the perfect finish! I hope Chelsea will have him and Torres both fighting for the spot and keeping them both in top form that would be good to see.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Learning » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:52 pm

What a save byh Cech!!! This is going ot be a good final 30 mins :D Go Chelsea! Dont slip....Man U always a danger until the last minute....
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Learning » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

WOOO HOOOO~!!! Didnt expect chelsea to win.... Man U looked less hungry, while Chelsea looked like wanting it more.... whahhahaha I enjoy this :D :D :D

Chelsea have won I think 4 out of the last 10 FA Cups, but I think Man C are obviously the favourite...
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Good win for Chelsea, Man United never looked like changing the outcome despite that brilliant save by Cech. I think City will murder them, but hey the Rafa man is on course for another trophy on the CV! Maybe his critics (which include myself) have been too harsh....
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:33 pm

FT

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
1-0 Ba 49'

What a great goal by Ba it was to send his side through to face Man City in the semi finals at Wembley

Chelsea were much better in the 2nd period and deserved to win.

Robin Van Perise had a great chance to level at the end but blasted his volley over while Cech denied a Hernandez header with a brilliant save.

Man Utd have nothing else left to play for other than picking up the PL title while the Blues are still in 2 cup comps and race for 4th place.

Ibramovich should make Rafa Benitez the permanent manager in my view as he is doing a good job and knows what he is doing.

Any more comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:33 pm

You play without Lampard you beat the better teams ,it's as simple as that!
Not a great performance by either team ,but every player on the pitch for chelsea took part in the game . You can't play against man u with 10 men which would have been the case if fat frank played that game.
A couple of absolutely incredible saves in this one in particular the Cech save.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to FA Cup