PSG v Barcelona - 2nd April

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

PSG v Barcelona - 2nd April

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

PSG had some good news during the week that Zlatan Ibrahimovic
will be able to play against Barcelona after his successful appeal overturned his ban.

Xavi is a major doubt for Barca having returned from Spanish duty with a thigh injury,while Alba is a doubt and Pedro is out.

Do you have any comments on predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 am

Did you know that The only previous Champions League encounter between PSG and Barcelona was in the quarter-finals in March 1995. The French club won 3-2 on aggregate.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Line ups

PSG
Sirigu; Jallet, Alex, Silva, Maxwell; Moura, Beckham, Matuidi, Pastore; Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic.

Subs: Douchez, Sakho, Menez, Gameiro, Chantome, van der Wiel, Verratti.

BARCELONA:
Valdés, Alves, Mascherano, Piqué, Alba; Sergio, Iniesta, Xavi; Villa, Messi, Sanchez.

Subs: Pinto, Fabregas, Thiago, Montoya, Song, Tello.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

PSG will probably do the same as Milan and grab a win here, problem being I don't think we will turn it round this time.
I think Beckhams long range passing will cause us problems on the counter with the amount of space we will leave so hopefully he wont be afforded any time on the ball.
I just hope the gambles on Xavi and Alba pay off as if either breaks down we could be in big trouble.
Bren10

Postby Almeida » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 pm

and again these awful color shirts...
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm

A pass from Alvez of elite quality!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 pm

specnur wrote:A pass from Alvez of elite quality!

yeah. and messi doesnt mess up such opportunities usually.)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Just hope Messi isn't out for too long now.
Good performance from barca, amazing pass from Alves, although not the first time he's played that kind of ball to Messi. PSG have played the way everyone expected, quite compact and countering well. Would like to see Tello given a run out 2nd half as Cesc has been poor of late.
Bren10

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 pm

HT

PSG 0-1 Barcelona

Messi 38'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

FT

PSG 2-2 Barcelona
0-1 Messi 38’
1-1 Ibrahimovic 79’
1-2 Xavi 89’ (pen.)
2-2 Matuidi 90+4

An injury time equaliser by Matuidi earns PSG a 2-2 draw at the Parc des Princes.

Any comments on tonights result?

Should Ibra's goal have been ruled out as offside and was it a penalty or did Sanchez dive again?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes Ibra was offside and there was definite contact on Sanchez so it was a pen.
The guys behind the goal are literally just there for show I think, theres no way he didn't see Alba and Masch clash heads six yards from him.
That said same old probs, cant defend the ball in the air and we were punished albeit helped with a little luck with the deflection.
Given how poor we played and still had chances to score I should be confident but the loss of Messi and inability to defend makes me more than a little pessimistic. Hopefully Villa gets to play through the middle instead of Cesc if Messi doesn't recover.
Bren10

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:01 pm

Advantage is still on Barca's side, as they'll only need a 0-0 or 1-1 at home...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby eaman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:15 pm

ya ive seen alves play that exact pass to messi before. that is technique of the highest calibre
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Simply wrote:Advantage is still on Barca's side, as they'll only need a 0-0 or 1-1 at home...

with that defense i wouldn't say that's an easy accomplishment.
Spurs in particular would be a terrible match up for this Barca team and i see the London team beating them quite easily because of the speed on the break. Luckily this PSG team doesn't have that ,but they are still giving Barca fits.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:43 pm

why would you even bring up spurs. its only to start arguments i think. althogh ibra didnt have a good game his height caused barca more problems than pace on the counter. spurs wouldnt have that and only bale would cause them real problems.
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am

eaman wrote:ya ive seen alves play that exact pass to messi before. that is technique of the highest calibre

Agreed.

It was certainly one of the best passes I've seen made this season!

I don't think we should write off PSG's chances just yet and I could see them scoring an away goal at the Nou Camp.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:03 am

ITV really are a shower of shite. fawning over Beckham who apparently played in this game. i must have blinked and missed his contribution.

before the game Chiles asked if Xavi and Iniesta might be starstruck by Beckham ffs

at that point i pressed mute and put some music on while the game played.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

specnur wrote:Spurs in particular would be a terrible match up for this Barca team and i see the London team beating them quite easily because of the speed on the break. Luckily this PSG team doesn't have that ,but they are still giving Barca fits.

:lol:

here we go again!

next season, though, threre might be the possability of them playing each other in this tournament. so we'll see then ;)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Steely Hill wrote:ITV really are a shower of shite. fawning over Beckham who apparently played in this game. i must have blinked and missed his contribution.

before the game Chiles asked if Xavi and Iniesta might be starstruck by Beckham ffs

you should say so steely. i havent watched him play for ages and thought it was a riidculous of psg to get hold of him being allegedly down the hill. but to my surprise i found that he still has powder in his store and can fight. he covered about 6 km which is a decent figure to the position he played in this game and provided a few quality passes, and on th whole didnt spoil the landscape for psg. but he's quite old and slow and gets tired quickly. so he's performance is always to be doomed as mixed at best, from now on, in any game, i assume.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Steely Hill wrote:ITV really are a shower of shite. fawning over Beckham who apparently played in this game. i must have blinked and missed his contribution.

My god i am glad i didn't hear that barrel of sludge ,i would have passed out !
Statements like that are in vogue because they can get away with it with the droves of gullible pratts willing to believe it. They are the majority and it will continue until someone has a similar platform to out these mugs.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League