Malaga v Borussia Dortmund - 3rd April

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Malaga v Borussia Dortmund - 3rd April

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Spanish side Malaga have never been in the CL quarter finals before so for them just
to reach this level is a major achievement and will have helped ease some of their financial troubles.
They have appealed to UEFA to have their transfer embargo and ban on playing European football next year lifted.

Its not been such a great season for Dortmund in the Bundesliga losing the title to rivals Bayern Munich
by such a large margin and also being knocked out of the German cup but at least they have done well in the CL league.
This will be the last year for star striker Robert Lewandowski as the Pole has many of Europe's biggest teams trying to buy him

Do you have any comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Did you know that Isco has completed the most dribbles among the players from the eight teams left in the Champions League this season (22).

Any comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Line ups

MALAGA:
Willy Caballero, Gamez, Demichelis, Weligton, Antunes, Toulalan, Iturra, Joaquin, Isco, Saviola, Baptista...

Subs: Kameni, Lugano, Sergio Sanchez, Camacho, Duda, Portillo, Santa Cruz.

BORUSSIA DORTMUND:
Weidenfeller, Grosskreutz, Subotic, Felipe Santana, Piszczek, Schmelzer, Kehl, Goetze, Gundogan, Reus, Lewandowski...

Subs: Langerak, Kirch, Bender, Leitner, Sahin, Bittencourt, Schieber.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:37 pm

HT

Malaga 0-0 Dortmund
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Almeida » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Malaga 0-0 Dortmund

was shocked at how poor malaga were at passing against the background of dortmund who looked by far a better side in the 1st half.
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby Simply » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Dortmund incredibly wasteful with their chances...
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby Simply » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm

I can't beleive what I've seen... Dortmund was so dominant and had so much perfect chances, the scoreline should have been 1-6 or something like that...
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby Almeida » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Simply wrote:Dortmund incredibly wasteful with their chances...

especially levandovsky. it wasnt his day, for sure.

well, the second half wasnt as open as the first, and the game became very patchy with both teams hardly linking a decent chain of passes. malaga were dangerous only in set pieces which for me was strange. the ball bounced off of some players like of the piece of rock or wood.

anyway, i think the both teams should be satisfied. dortmund with the result, malaga with the fact they didnt end up 2 or 3 nill down which they well could have.

and yeah, chance for the germans to go further have increased.
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

FT

Malaga 0-0 Dortmund

Dortmund dominated the game and had plenty of chances to score but were just unable to find a break through.

Any comments on todays result?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Now i have to ask!
Can someone please tell me why this Dortmund team is so highly regarded as favourites to win this ,if we are to listen to the commentators opinion? I saw a team of young players that really looked impotent out there tonight. Malaga a team of such greats as Roque Santa cruz, Julio Baptista and Toulalon but couldn't put a dent in them!
What a joke!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:44 am

specnur wrote:Can someone please tell me why this Dortmund team is so highly regarded as favourites to win this


sure.. but I must say you seem a bit forgetful to me...

..they dominated the "Group of Death" (including the league champions of Spain, England, Netherlands and Germany) from the beginning to the end.. they didn't lose a single game there..
they would have even won every game, if they weren't so unlucky to concede two very late equalizers (89.min and 90.min) against Real Madrid and Manchester City...

in addition to that, they have some of the biggest young talents of europe among them...
I guess you heard of Götze, Reus, Hummels etc. ... :lol:

I agree with you, that they have been kind of impotent tonight :lol: .. but just in terms of hitting the target..
It seemed like they were cursed or something like that.. but the ball just didn't went in
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 am

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:Can someone please tell me why this Dortmund team is so highly regarded as favourites to win this


sure.. but I must say you seem a bit forgetful to me...

..they dominated the "Group of Death" (including the league champions of Spain, England, Netherlands and Germany) from the beginning to the end.. they didn't lose a single game there..
they would have even won every game, if they weren't so unlucky to concede two very late equalizers (89.min and 90.min) against Real Madrid and Manchester City...

in addition to that, they have some of the biggest young talents of europe among them...
I guess you heard of Götze, Reus, Hummels etc. ... :lol:

I agree with you, that they have been kind of impotent tonight :lol: .. but just in terms of hitting the target..
It seemed like they were cursed or something like that.. but the ball just didn't went in


They were shi!t against a sh!t team ,group matches mean less as each team thinks they can pick up ground later on! There record in that grip must be given some credit ,but man city has the worst manager in the top flight of any division. Netherlands ....please and REal MAdrid have done noting outside of la liga for about 10 years.

I think todays performance showed that i am right in that critique ,if not then how do you explain their current position in their own league? Look they have a good team in a weak league ,what i saw from those stars tonight was almost identical to what i saw from them in the EUros ,pretty average from Kuba , Lewandawski and Hummels!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Almeida » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:15 am

They were shi!t against a sh!t team ,

:lol: :lol: Image Image

one would think there are simply no good teams at all outside the prem, to hear you talk! ) yet, there are no english teams at this stage at all, dont forget it 8)

as for dortmund, i thought unlike malaga they werent impotant at all. at least as soon as they got possession they knew exactly what to do with the ball. they had a clear roadmap for the game, just didnt make it to the winning destination due to bad luck. in germany they should crush this malaga, although the spaniyards will have their chance also.
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby Learning » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 am

specnur....as usual.... knows nothing and doesnt even watch games enough and assumes everything lol

Anyway Dortmund were better, but I think Malaga isnt weak either, they had their chances. Its still open. Reus seems off form at the moment for a while now.... but very impressed with Lewandowski, himand Gotze proved wasteful though with their chances....gett the feeling they still need to mature a bit.

It is quite interesting, team of oldies vs team of young stars :D
User avatar
Learning
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 7922
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Almeida wrote:
They were shi!t against a sh!t team ,

:lol: :lol: Image Image

one would think there are simply no good teams at all outside the prem, to hear you talk! ) yet, there are no english teams at this stage at all, dont forget it 8)

as for dortmund, i thought unlike malaga they werent impotant at all. at least as soon as they got possession they knew exactly what to do with the ball. they had a clear roadmap for the game, just didnt make it to the winning destination due to bad luck. in germany they should crush this malaga, although the spaniyards will have their chance also.


I am not saying that at all ,but you really have to weigh up what is in front of you. That Malaga team was . lets face it a bunch of neverwere's and unknown players. The level of ability i saw from that malaga team was absolutely crap quite frankly and it really says something that if a team like that can get to the quarter finals. I am not saying Dortmund are a crap team at all i am just saying in comparison to the talk going into the match they looked quite average to me confronted with a team of such low ability. Surely you have to admit that Malaga were crap in ability ffs!

What you forget is that i have detailed the reason why i think there are no teams in the quarter finals this year and maybe not for the near future either. Our league is too tough and we play too many games without a break! I said this years ago of course to deaf ears and now it is coming to fruition. It pains me to watch teams like those last night so deep in the tournament purely because they play in a less competitive league that have a vacation half way through their season! This is the only reason they are there judging by that crap i watched last night.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 pm

specnur highlights dont tell the full story of a match. malaga werent crap. they werent great but not crap. possession was 50 50 but dortmund are the second best counter attacking team in europe and thats why they created chances. they had more chances against man city remember. also malaga beat a good porto team to get to the quarters. also isco and joaquin are quality players. and toulalan is still a french international i think. and demechellis is a decent defender and willy a good keeper so they do have quality in their team. dortmund are a better team than all but united in england or maybe on their day even better than them
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Almeida » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm

spec, i think you just need to keep up with times and get over the fact the epl has lost it position for good reasons.

having said that, i agree malaga had an avarage game, but i disagree with you on dortmund. dont forget it was an away game. nowadays any team playing in europe is a power on its own turf. rmember how poor chelsea were away in europe. liverpool lost it to poor zenit. your beloved spurs all but bottled it against inter. i dont even take the toons into consideration because they are still playing only by pure luck. even barca are always unconvincing and flat away, what did you expect from dortmund? they had a good game. in fact, very good game. i agree with simply -- the could have won it 6-1 if they had had luck that day. it would be interesting to see then what would you have said on such occasion! :lol:
User avatar
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3842
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: Obama = Osama

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Almeida wrote:spec, i think you just need to keep up with times and get over the fact the epl has lost it position for good reasons.

having said that, i agree malaga had an avarage game, but i disagree with you on dortmund. dont forget it was an away game. nowadays any team playing in europe is a power on its own turf. rmember how poor chelsea were away in europe. liverpool lost it to poor zenit. your beloved spurs all but bottled it against inter. i dont even take the toons into consideration because they are still playing only by pure luck. even barca are always unconvincing and flat away, what did you expect from dortmund? they had a good game. in fact, very good game. i agree with simply -- the could have won it 6-1 if they had had luck that day. it would be interesting to see then what would you have said on such occasion! :lol:


Mate the Prem lost it's power not because the level of the teams qualifying have gone down ,but because everyone in the league around them have become better teams. That cannot be said about la liga and the bundesliga ,os lets that perfectly clear.

When i made the comment on Dortmund i didn't make based on this game alone ,so let's not try and believe that assumption .I have watched them a few times this season and they look decent ,but not worthy of the hype they get. That's my opinion and only their performance can change that.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm

specnur wrote:Look they have a good team in a weak league ,what i saw from those stars tonight was almost identical to what i saw from them in the EUros ,pretty average from Kuba , Lewandawski and Hummels!


..Kuba and Hummels didn't even play :shock: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby Boris » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:04 am

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:Look they have a good team in a weak league ,what i saw from those stars tonight was almost identical to what i saw from them in the EUros ,pretty average from Kuba , Lewandawski and Hummels!


..Kuba and Hummels didn't even play :shock: :lol: :lol:


:lol:
User avatar
Boris
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Australia -Hideout Original Member-

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests