West Brom v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Brom v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm

West Brom lost 3-1 to West Ham which dented their hopes of a Europa league place , the Baggies dropped to 8th in the table and the frustration concluded with the dismissal of Youssouf Mulumbu after he kicked a ball at West Ham`s Gary O'Neil after being fouled .

Arsenal had little to worry about as they beat Reading 4-1 at the Emirates , the only negative aspect of the game is that the margin of victory should have been far greater had the Gunners finishing been better , the 3pts kept them in 5th place and just 2 pts behind Chelsea who are in that crucial 4th place .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't know who will be playing for Arsenal just yet but they should still have enough quality to win away at Albion.

WBA 1-2 Arsenal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Did you know that The Gunners have won four and lost just one of their six Premier League trips to The Hawthorns; netting in each match there.

The good news for the Gunners is that Walcott and Wilshere have both returned to training but we don't know yet if they will start.

Wenger has to decide on if to recall captain Thomas Vermaelen or not.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm

that was a crucial loss though to Tottenham , the reason why we are still 5th and not above them . Vermalaen has said that he wont play any differently if Wenger picks him , he always gives his best ...well that has not been good enough on a few occasions this season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:55 am

A must win for Arsenal, perhaps one of the most important games of their season.

Although I don't see them winning three in a row. FT: 1-1
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Klaas Bruinsma wrote:A must win for Arsenal, perhaps one of the most important games of their season.

Although I don't see them winning three in a row. FT: 1-1

At this stage of the season they're all must-win games for Arsenal, although I'm not sure I would single out a game against the Baggies as the most important ;).

If it were my choice I wouldn't select Vermaelen, he hasn't been playing well for a while now; this is more than just a dip in form. Perhaps taking away the captaincy would help him, but for now I would stick with Mertesacker and Koscielny.

2-1 Arsenal
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Line ups

WBA
Foster,Jones,McAuley,Olsson,Ridgewell,Morrison,Yacob,Dorrans,Brunt,Long,Thomas

Subs - Fortuné,Rosenberg,Tamas,Myhill,Popov,Lukaku,Brown

Arsenal
Fabianski,Sagna,Mertesacker,Koscielny,Monreal,Ramsey,Rosický,Gervinho,Cazorla,Arteta,Giroud

Subs - Podolski,Mannone,Gibbs,Coquelin,Vermaelen,Oxlade-Chamberlain,Jenkinson
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Arsenal 1 up and looking comfortable. The Baggies look like a side expecting (and accepting defeat) before a ball was kicked.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Absolutely excruciating last 20 minutes to watch to be honest!
The best thing about it is that Mertesacker is out for the next game after getting that red ,the lump has no business wearing an Arsenal shirt. The same could be said for Giroud quite honestly ,leg speed of a pensioner after hip surgery ffs!
Great result none the less and some back to from defending at the end from Koscielny who seemed to batter everything away.
Special mention for Sagna........... you were crap! The crosses from him were just shocking for an arsenal player in my opinion.
The level of the team has gone down and how Wenger is going to have this team finish 3rd(which is where i think they will end up) is beyond me quite frankly. How can we finish above the squads of Spurs and Chelsea? it doesn't make any sense at all.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:48 pm

FT

WBA 1-2 Arsenal
0-1 Rosický 20’
0-2 Rosický 50’
1-2 Morrison 71’ (pen.)

Sent off - Mertesacker 70'

Any more comments on todays Arsenal victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:08 pm

One has to wonder why WBA didn't start with Lukaku who has been Albion's best player and is their top scorer?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:44 am

Hams wrote:One has to wonder why WBA didn't start with Lukaku who has been Albion's best player and is their top scorer?

I agree Hams, though he did have chances to bury Arsenal, that he didn't convert. I'm sure all Gooners were very twitchy in that last 20 minutes, but as a 'neutral' watching it I never saw a Baggies win on the cards.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League