Tottenham v Everton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Everton

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Tottenham bounced back after the defeat against Fulham to beat Swansea 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium to leap frog Chelsea into 3rd place and maintain their goal of a Champions League place for next season . It was magic man Gareth Bale whose super goal proved to be the winner and he even had time to make a vital block in his own penalty area to deny Swansea a possible draw right at the end .

Everton are still hoping to get a place in Europe next season ..a 1-0 win against Stoke at Goodison Park kept them in the hunt and they are in 6th place just 2 pts behind Arsenal ..a win against Tottenham at White Hart Lane would really give them a boost as the season gets into its final stages .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 am

I'm making the pilgrimage to WHL for this one, so I'm hoping for a clinical disposal of the Scallys. Every game is a 'must win' for Spurs now, I'm saying Spurs 2 Everton 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 pm

This should be an easy win for Spurs as Everton will be without Afro Thunder and Pienaar two integral parts of that set up!
I can't see anything but a 3 goal advantage for Spurs here and we'll see Baines exposed as an average player indeed!
4-1 spurs.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I hear that Jermaine Defoe is out injured again for about 3 weeks so I quite fancy Everton to earn a draw at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham 1-1 Everton.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:12 pm

specnur wrote:This should be an easy win for Spurs as Everton will be without Afro Thunder and Pienaar two integral parts of that set up!
I can't see anything but a 3 goal advantage for Spurs here and we'll see Baines exposed as an average player indeed!
4-1 spurs.

like the easy win against Fulham everybody assumed , don't forget Tottenham only have a few days to recover from their Europa tie against Basel , Everton still have a chance of a European place so they will be up for it I would hope .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 am

specnur wrote:This should be an easy win for Spurs as Everton will be without Afro Thunder and Pienaar two integral parts of that set up!
4-1 spurs.

I guess it will be a different story given that Gareth Bale is expected to be out in this match.

FT: 2-2
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Did you know that Everton have won three consecutive league games for the first time this season,
but all three of these matches have been played at Goodison Park.

As well as Defoe and Bale missing out it looks like Tottenham could also be missing Lennon who picked up an injury last night

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 pm

it could go either way really ...Tottenham could still win without Bale ..Lennon and Defoe , but Everton are capable too of winning away from Goodison . It may also be a draw ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:21 am

Put my money on a draw @ 2.25 8)
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Conner99 wrote:it could go either way really ...Tottenham could still win without Bale ..Lennon and Defoe , but Everton are capable too of winning away from Goodison . It may also be a draw ...

I'll take you on with that bet Conner, hows about evens?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Would love a draw actually two teams to close to us at the moment!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Line ups

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Parker, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Dempsey, Adebayor...

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Assou-Ekotto, Livermore, Huddlestone, Carroll, Ceballos.

EVERTON:
Howard, Coleman, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Jagielka, Gibson, Mirallas, Osman, Barkley, Anichebe...

Subs: Mucha, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Stones, Duffy.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Adebayor has put Spurs 1-0 ahead after just 1 minute!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:00 pm

HT

Tottenham 1-1 Everton

Phil Jagielka equalised for the Toffees on 15 minutes with a header.

All square at the break :)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Everton have taken a 2-1 lead at WHL through Mirallas!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Nice bit of team unity from Kyle Walker ,what a w*nker!
best player on the pitch makes one bad pass ,and he goes off on him like a child. If i'm the manager i let him know exactly how i feel about that breakdown in discipline and fine him or bench him the next game, keep thing in order before the rot sets in.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:06 pm

FT

Tottenham 2-2 Everton
1-0 Adebayor 1’
1-1 Jagielka 15’
1-2 Mirallas 53’
2-2 Sigurdsson 87’

Any comments on todays draw at WHL?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:35 pm

On the train back to Leeds, reflecting on the game, I'm reasonably happy with the draw. We were looking down the barrel of a home defeat, but I think we had enough play and enough chances to fully merit a point.

Specs, I'm not bothered about Walker's 'tantrum', it indicates passion - a man who cares about the result. He had a good game today, and made his usual penetrating runs down the wing creating chances as he went. I've heard pro footballers talk about arguements and fist fights on the training ground, or in the changing room, before and how it can 'clear the air' and bring a new resolve to the team. No problem with what I saw today.

The result leaves things on a razor's edge in terms of CL qualification. Never boring!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:On the train back to Leeds, reflecting on the game, I'm reasonably happy with the draw. We were looking down the barrel of a home defeat, but I think we had enough play and enough chances to fully merit a point.

Specs, I'm not bothered about Walker's 'tantrum', it indicates passion - a man who cares about the result. He had a good game today, and made his usual penetrating runs down the wing creating chances as he went. I've heard pro footballers talk about arguements and fist fights on the training ground, or in the changing room, before and how it can 'clear the air' and bring a new resolve to the team. No problem with what I saw today.

The result leaves things on a razor's edge in terms of CL qualification. Never boring!

Yeah but the thing is he made more mistakes than Dembele and no one had the similar response to his f*ck ups.
It would be one thing if it was a consistent issue with that one player in terms of mistakes ,but when it was the best player on the pitch in a white shirt ,experience tells me that Walker has some personal issues with that player that should be stomped out immediately. That's just my take and i'm not looking for anyone to agree with it just an observation.
Whilst on the topic taking Dembele off instead of one of the other less effective mid fielder for the cumbersome Huddlestone not only baffled the commentators but had me scratching my head. As tired as Dembele was for the shift he put in , that Spurs team cannot replace that type of vision in the middle of the park ,and that is what keeps the opposition honest. Baffling decision and i think it cost them the game. Anyway the result was what i wished for ,couldn't have gone better form my perspective.
Arsenal should be finishing 3rd and that my friends is unbelievable.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 pm

I ain't gonna admit that I was anything but baffled by the substitution of Dembele for Huddlestone, but as it happens the 'Hudd' actually came on and was effective. May have been changing room 'afters', but I trust in the bearded one to make the right decision for the team.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League