Best Premier League XI this season

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Best Premier League XI this season

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 am

Who would you select in a best Premier League XI side of the season?

My line up would be

..................................Hart...............................................

Walker.........Vertonghen.............Cahill...........................Baines

Juan Mata................Fellaini.........................................Bale

........................................Suarez...........................................

............................RVP................Rooney................................

It was difficult to come up with any centre backs who I could say have been outstanding this season.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm

I might be a little bias but i think Enrique has been at the top of his game this season. Probably his best season in England.

Hart hasn't been outstanding but neither has anyone else.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby redpelt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Goalkeeper : I've opted for De Gea here ,because United would be royally fooked
without his shut outs since the new year.
Right Back : Kyle Walker often the catalyst for Spurs attacking play.
Centre Back :Phil Jagielka the Bitters have looked solid at the back due to this fella .
Centre Back:Vincent Kompany ,his long absences his season have seen Man Cities
problems magnified ,excellent defender.
Left Back :Jose Enrique if only for his assists and his understanding with Suarez.
Right Wing : Aaron Lennon has been somewhat of an unsung hero for Spurs.
Centre Midfield: Michael Carrick is possibly the most underrated player in the Prem
even by his own fans,but has been instrumental in keeping United's play effective.
Centre Midfield: Yaya Toure see Vincent Kompany ,Man City only look half a team
without him in it.
Left Wing: Gareth Bale has had an exceptional season and his ability has shone.
Forward :Robin Van Persie's goals have been responsible for resurrecting a tired old
formula and invigorating United into a formidable force again.
Forward : Luis Suarez ,has been phenomenal this season and is now possibly next to
Messi and Ronaldo as one of the most coveted players in World football.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Davey1 wrote:I might be a little bias but i think Enrique has been at the top of his game this season. Probably his best season in England.

I don't think anyone at left back has been better than Baines this season.

Its time the Everton defender moved on really and played for a big club like West Ham.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Hams wrote:
Davey1 wrote:I might be a little bias but i think Enrique has been at the top of his game this season. Probably his best season in England.

I don't think anyone at left back has been better than Baines this season.

Its time the Everton defender moved on really and played for a big club like West Ham.

:lol:

The only thing big about West Ham is your manager

I haven't been watching Everton much this season so i can't really say if he's been better than Enrique but when you watch a left back that does weird turns from the wingers and "keeps up ball" in defence (basically crap) turn into a deadly, strong, fast attacking wing back who defends excellently, it makes it all the much better.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 am

Yes. This is his best season in England, but still he don't stand a chance against Evra, Baines & Cole. The Everton left has been amazing this season, I'm afraid Cole might lose England no. 3 shirt to Baines soon. But I think Patrice Evra has once again proved to be PL's no.1 left back.

To complete my XI:

GK: Joe Hart
RB: Zabaleta
CBs: Rio Ferdinand & Vincent Kompany
CMs: Marouane Fellaini (although he has not been utilized more in an attacking position by DM as of late) & Frank Lampard
RAM: Juan Mata
CAM: Michu
LAM: Gareth Bale
FWs: Luis Suarez & Robin van Persie
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 am

redpelt wrote:Goalkeeper : I've opted for De Gea here ,because United would be royally fooked
Centre Back :Phil Jagielka the Bitters have looked solid at the back due to this fella .
Left Back :Jose Enrique if only for his assists and his understanding with Suarez.
Centre Midfield: Michael Carrick is possibly the most underrated player in the Prem
even by his own fans,but has been instrumental in keeping United's play effective.
without him in it.
Forward :Robin Van Persie's goals have been responsible for resurrecting a tired old
Forward : Luis Suarez ,has been phenomenal this season and is now possibly next to

I'm sorry but I can't see how Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany have done enough to be included in this years best PL XI?

Don't you think that Fellaini has been excellent for Everton and also over at Chelsea Juan Mata has been quite outstanding?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:12 am

Klaas Bruinsma wrote:

Yes. This is his best season in England, but still he don't stand a chance against Evra, Baines & Cole. The Everton left has been amazing this season, I'm afraid Cole might lose England no. 3 shirt to Baines soon. But I think Patrice Evra has once again proved to be PL's no.1 left back.

To complete my XI:

GK: Joe Hart
RB: Zabaleta
CBs: Rio Ferdinand & Vincent Kompany
CMs: Marouane Fellaini (although he has not been utilized more in an attacking position by DM as of late) & Frank Lampard
RAM: Juan Mata
CAM: Michu
LAM: Gareth Bale
FWs: Luis Suarez & Robin van Persie

I like your choices of Michu and Zabaleta who has been Man City's best player this season.

It was interesting to hear that the Swansea player only scored his first away PL goal against Norwich yesterday?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:55 am

Hams wrote:
It was interesting to hear that the Swansea player only scored his first away PL goal against Norwich yesterday?

Was surprised to know that. Maybe that's why he wasted many chances in that match. He surely is having problems scoring goal's away from Liberty Stadium.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby redpelt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Hams wrote:
redpelt wrote:Goalkeeper : I've opted for De Gea here ,because United would be royally fooked
without him in it.

I'm sorry but I can't see how Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany have done enough to be included in this years best PL XI?

Don't you think that Fellaini has been excellent for Everton and also over at Chelsea Juan Mata has been quite outstanding?

Simply because their absences from the team is precisely why City will lose the title
this season that in my eyes makes them key players. As for the two players you
mentioned ,no I don't think Mata has been outstanding ,granted he's been good ,but
for me Lennon has been better for Spurs.

As for the big Belgian then I believe he had more of a case for his inclusion but his
performance against Wigan in the Fa cup which led to his own supporters booing
him off the field was in my mind unforgivable . I don't mind players clawing and scratching
there way through games ,even his headbutt against Shawcross shows a passion of sorts
and can be excused but I simply refuse to include players that can have the front to pass
a display that devoid of passion off as a days graft.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League