Borussia Dortmund v Malaga - 9th April

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Borussia Dortmund v Malaga - 9th April

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Despite controlling much of the game against Malaga and creating several chances to
score the German side were unable to find the back of the net and the 1st leg finished 0-0.

Do you have any comments or predictions for this 2nd leg match at Signal Iduna Park?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm

did you know that This is Malaga’s first away game in Germany in European competition.
They have won none of their last three Champions League games away from home (D2, L1).
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Line ups

BORUSSIA DORTMUND:
Weidenfeller, Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer, Gundogan, Bender, Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus, Lewandowski...

Subs: Langerak, Hummels, Kehl, Leitner, Nuri Sahin, Grosskreutz, Schieber.

MALAGA:
Willy Caballero, Jesus Gamez, Sergio Sanchez, Demichelis, Antunes, Joaquin, Toulalan, Camacho, Duda, Isco, Baptista...

Subs: Kameni, Lugano, Piazon, Eliseu, Portillo, Saviola, Santa Cruz.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:02 pm

This game should be nothing like the abysmal first leg ,i expect excitement!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm

specnur wrote:This game should be nothing like the abysmal first leg ,i expect excitement!

it was far from "abysmal" as it could have also ended 1-6, if Götze and Lewandowski would have made all their 100% chances..

but I expect some goals tonight too...yup
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 pm

This game so far IS abysmal. Just watched Kuba try a pass that flew out of bounds with very little pressure on him. Just a text book lob over the last defender with plenty of space and he produced a shocker! 19th minute!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

yup..THIS game had kind of a slow start so far i agree :lol:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm

:shock:

..goal out of the blue .. now it's gonna be a thrilling game
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:44 pm

HT

Dortmund 1-1 Malaga

0-1 Joaquín 25’

1-1 Lewandowski 40'

As it stands Malaga would go through on away goals.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm

I would be really sad, if Dortmund doesn't get through... they've been the much better team over the two legs so far..
and they have the quality to challenge those teams in the semi finals...

..this was a world class play by Götze, Reus and Lewandowski for the equalizer
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Quality goals from Dortmund ,i expect to see that type of ability at least 50% of he game judging by all the hype ,but of course i haven't.
OFFSIDE!
What are those officials watching?????????? You can't get a better example of an offside call. Making an absolute mockery of the 4th official.
I can't believe this game right now, Unbelievable!
Give Dortmund credit ,they refused to lose this game!
I told you this game would be exciting! :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

One of the most astonishing games in recent times imo!
And to be honest it would have been criminal for Dortmund to go out from an offside non call!
Luckily Dortmund were only playing Malaga ,who were flipping rubbish ,but what a come back.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conaldinho » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

FFS I forgot all about the games tonight, loaded up BBC Sport just as Dortmund scored the 2nd goal and by the time I found the game on tv it was already over. Would have loved to have seen that ending
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

FT

Dortmund 3-2 Malaga (Agg 3-2)
0-1 Joaquín 25’
1-1 Lewandowski 40’
1-2 Eliseu 82’
2-2 Reus 90’
3-2 Felipe Santana 90'

Heart break for Malaga who were so close to reaching the semi finals but what a dramatic late
comeback by Dortmund scoring twice in injury time to set up a possible last 4 meeting with rivals Munich!

Any comments on todays dramatic result?
Last edited by Hams on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

listen to specnur again talking crap. chelsea didnt play as good last year against barca and bayern as malaga did in that game. im not saying malaga played well but they werent rubbish. they were solid at the back for most of the game and had a few nice counter attacks and chances and a few good bits of general play. im not too sure eliseu was offside as he looked level with the ball as baptista shot
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Learning » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

for specnur come on tell us what u think again about no English team in the last 8 and then now 2 Spainish and 2 German teams in the last 4, from the weaker leagues? :D

On serious note, this was drama, a bit like Man U 99 :P 2 goals in injury time, incredible. MAlaga just seemed sloppy and tired, they thought they won....and with all those old players expereicned, it seemed strange, but they had Demichilles, and I blame him as usual hahahahaha :D

Credit to Dortmund, they deserved it overall, and glad to see their fans rewarded. Really a site to behold their staidum and fans. That pic of the cartoon with binoculars, so cool :D

The winner was a joke for the ref decision again though, 4 players offside, although I Think Malaga's second weer also offside. I Read today the EPL will be using goal line tech soon, I really hope that someday soon, offside will be decided by tech too :P Since so many decisions all the time are just completely wrong. For a decision like this magnitude, it is really injustice and sad to see so often.

Feel bad for Malaga and Pellegrini obviously, if the club collapses I hope he moves to a big club :D

So now the semis, i definitely hope it wont be Bayern vs Dormund, Real vs Barca.... I hope for Barca vs Dortmund, then Barca vs Bayern final :D
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Simply » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 am

.. I have no words for this :D :D :D
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 am

eaman wrote:listen to specnur again talking crap. chelsea didnt play as good last year against barca and bayern as malaga did in that game. im not saying malaga played well but they werent rubbish. they were solid at the back for most of the game and had a few nice counter attacks and chances and a few good bits of general play. im not too sure eliseu was offside as he looked level with the ball as baptista shot

You think Malaga were good ,i can live with that being your opinion pal ,it makes no odds to me ,i have already made my mind up about you!
But if you actually believe for a second that if Chelsea were in the same position as Malaga at that point in the game ,that Dortmund would have pulled off that come back ,you should be sectioned!
ANyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge will tell you ,if you don;t have a decent attack ,that means putting at least some threat on the opposition goal, then it doesn't matter how good your defense is. Especially when a team is as attacking as Dortmund are ,for all their futility in both matches combined they are bound to score ,if they have nothing to worry about going down the other end.
You can paint whatever type of picture you want to try and make Dortmund look good ,but the one that had MAlaga looking like anything but a average team is not fooling anyone who knows anything about football. They were rubbish that's my opinion!
They are currently 6th in la liga standings and that performance looks about right in terms of quality. Passing average ,threats on goals ,minor! Anemic is a word that comes to mind!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 am

Both sides clearly scored goals that should have been ruled out as off side so that was very poor refereeing from the officials.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Malaga's Qatari owner blamed the dramatic Champions League loss to Dortmund on "racism" while Joaquin suspects Michel Platini. :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cham ... 57242.html
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League