Galatasaray v Real Madrid - 9th April

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Galatasaray v Real Madrid - 9th April

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Real Madrid won the 1st leg 3-0 at the Bernabeu and have a comfortable lead to take to Istanbul.
Galatasaray have appealed to UEFA over Yilmaz ban and hope that their striker will be able to take part.
Sergio Ramos won't be available and some say he deliberately picked up a yellow in the 1st leg so he would be banned.

Do you have any comments or predictions for the 2nd leg? - Is it all over for the Turkish side or could they get back into it?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Did you know that Real Madrid have never won in Turkey in European competition (one draw, one defeat).

Will tonight be the first time?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Line ups

Galatasaray:
Muslera, Eboue, Gokhan Zan, Semih Kaya, Riera, Inan, Felipe Melo, Altintop, Sneijder, Drogba, Umut Bulut.

Subs: Iscan, Balta, Sarioglu, Yilmaz, Kurtulus, Amrabat, Elmander.

Real Madrid:
Lopez, Essien, Pepe, Varane, Coentrao, Khedira, Modric, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Higuain.

Subs: Casillas, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Albiol, Callejon, Benzema, Morata.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

HT

Gala 0-1 R.Madrid

Ronaldo with an early goal on 8 mins.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 pm

What a turn around in the 2nd period

Its now Gala 3-1 Madrid with around 15 mins to go!

The Turks just need 2 score 2 more to knock out the Spaniards.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Hams wrote:What a turn around in the 2nd period

Its now Gala 3-1 Madrid with around 15 mins to go!

The Turks just need 2 score 2 more to knock out the Spaniards.

That should be a piece of cake.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 pm

FT

Galatasaray 3-2 Real Madrid (Agg 3-5)
0-1 Ronaldo 8’
1-1 Eboué 57’
2-1 Sneijder 70’
3-1 Drogba 72'
3-2 Ronaldo 90'

Real Madrid go through to the semi finals but were well outplayed in the 2nd half.

When Gala were 3-1 up on 72 minutes it looked like the Turks were going to go on and win the tie but they ran out of steam.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Stunning strike from Eboue and a touch of genius from the biggest big game player on the planet Didier Drogba made this one interesting for a bit! Drogba should have gotten a penalty from that shocking challenge form Pepe, but i guess these refs lie the ones in the Uk think the same. He's a black player he can handle a studs up challenge and shake it off! 8) Pathetic officiating!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Hams wrote:FT

Galatasaray 3-2 Real Madrid (Agg 3-5)
0-1 Ronaldo 8’
1-1 Eboué 57’
2-1 Sneijder 70’
3-1 Drogba 72'
3-2 Ronaldo 90'

Real Madrid go through to the semi finals but were well outplayed in the 2nd half.

When Gala were 3-1 up on 72 minutes it looked like the Turks were going to go on and win the tie but they ran out of steam.

Any comments on todays result?

Real Madrid will benefit from this scare. They were probably complacent, and won't be again.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby eaman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

specnur what do you mean by '' hes a black player and he can handle it''. why would they think that. complete paranoia from you
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Learning » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Good showing for Gala, although clearly Real were complacent...and Arbeloa got himself sent off, so the RB situation will be interesting, since Essien got injured lol!
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 am

eaman wrote:specnur what do you mean by '' hes a black player and he can handle it''. why would they think that. complete paranoia from you

I guess you haven;t been watching any games recently!
I would like you to try and justify why all those officials that watched that Newcastle game where McManaman almost broke that African players leg into pieces ,thought it nothing more than something he could brush off. A word of advice for you pal ,i have been reporting on these types of incidents long before you came here mate and i will continue to do so. But only a fool would call it paranoia without providing a credible justification for something that has become far too consistent.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 am

Dortmund v Malaga was a superb advertisement for the game of football in general ,I
dont think I have enjoyed a cup tie as much as a neutral for a very long time.

I mean to score twice in stoppage time would have been considered implausible
for many teams ....kudos to Klopp for instilling such belief in his team.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 am

redpelt wrote:Dortmund v Malaga was a superb advertisement for the game of football in general ,I
dont think I have enjoyed a cup tie as much as a neutral for a very long time.

I mean to score twice in stoppage time would have been considered implausible
for many teams ....kudos to Klopp for instilling such belief in his team.

Wrong topic mate :wink:

This thread is only for the Gala v Madrid match.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 pm

come on specnur im sure theres been a few incidents of bad tackles gone unpunished on white players as well. cant think of any at the moment but i know theres some. can anyone think of any. are you calling the officials racist
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:42 pm

[quote="eaman"]come on specnur im sure theres been a few incidents of bad tackles gone unpunished on white players as well. cant think of any at the moment but i know theres some. can anyone think of any. are you calling the officials racist[/quote]

Yes!

Not in the purest sense of the word ,but without question race is a factor that comes into a lot of how they handle physical play between white and black players ,mots of which i think is subconscious and that they don't even know what they are doing is racist.
For example i pointed out about a year ago how i noticed that black players seem to get straight yellow cards for first infractions at a higher rate than non black players! Now take into consideration that i have been, and continue to be, a man who is proud of how inclusive of league has become and why that it's diversity is the sole reason for it's position as the best in the world. But that does not mean that it doesn't have flaws and this tendency to be bias in certain instances is one of them.
We can pretty much accept that i do not have an agenda against the premiership ,but just giving an honest observation of what i have seen over the last 10 years.
I will also say that this tendency goes as far as the international level but not as extreme ,it's just seems to be "human nature" to a lot of them!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 pm

im not trying to argue here but maybe the players getting these yellows are players like tiote and other new to the premiership african players who at first when they came to the league did have a tendancy to go in harder than most. but maybe its other players your talking about. cant say ive noticed it but maybe you havent noticed the same thing happen to some other white players coz you havent been looking for it
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 pm

eaman wrote:im not trying to argue here but maybe the players getting these yellows are players like tiote and other new to the premiership african players who at first when they came to the league did have a tendancy to go in harder than most. but maybe its other players your talking about. cant say ive noticed it but maybe you havent noticed the same thing happen to some other white players coz you havent been looking for it

I am not talking about players like Tiote who is rash tackler indeed or he neanderthals Mbia and Mulumbu for QPR and WBA ,i am talking about player like Song ,Frimpong and a plethora of others that have built their careers within the English game. Not only that but new players to the league who do not make such rash tackles . I am also talking about specifically where a white player has made the same type of challenge in the same game and goes unpunished or even cautioned. One particular example would be the infamous newcastle 4-4 game where Diaby was red carded for a throwing the degenerate Barton to the floor after he made rash tackle on the injury ravaged Arsenal player from behind. The challenge from Barton was not sanctioned by the ref.But my point is that in that same game Nolan only minutes after Diaby's marching orders , grabbed the Arsenal goalie who had just picked the ball up out of his own net and threw him to the floor and the ref did nothing.

So there you have a blatant instance of Diaby reacting to a challenge that could have need his career and Nolan reacting to the goalie picking the ball out of his net. One goes punished and the other goes unpunished.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to UEFA Champions League