Russia introducing severe penalties for insulting religions

This section is kept just for you to discuss anything non sport related from celebrities to politics.

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Would you like your country to introduce such a law?

Yes
33%
No
33%
I don't care. I just like voting in polls.
33%

Total votes : 3

Russia introducing severe penalties for insulting religions

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Discussion question: Would you like your country to introduce such a law?
"The State Duma voted to amend the Russian Criminal Code with a new article mandating punishment for deliberate and public insults to believers’ feelings, with fines of up to 300,000 rubles (slightly less than $10,000), and up to 200 hours of forced labor or up to three years in prison.

Desecration or destruction of objects significant to religious cults would be punished with fines of up to 500,000 rubles (over $16 thousand), and up to 400 hours of forced labor or up to five years in prison
"
http://rt.com/politics/sentences-feelin ... lting-557/
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am

personally i'm far more concerned by murders and threats to lives of people who dare criticise Islam and/or the Prophet.

that should be of far greater concern but i appreciate it doesn't really help your anti-russian crusade.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 am

Steely Hill wrote:personally i'm far more concerned by murders and threats to lives of people who dare criticise Islam and/or the Prophet.

that should be of far greater concern but i appreciate it doesn't really help your anti-russian crusade.

Not anti-Russian at all. It would be appalling if any Russian was in any way discriminated against because of being Russian, and I'm sad to say that there are young Poles who vehemently don't like Russians. With the older generation, I can understand it, because of what they lived through, but it is ridiculous that young people don't like Russian people. In fact, Pussy Riot are Russian and they are great heroes of mine.

But Putin is a complete gobshite in my opinion.

By the way, it was with you, Steely Hill, in mind, that I made sure the poll question was a question that people could answer without being accused of meddling in another country's business.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 am

well the obvious answer to your poll question is No since i don't like religion.

however, the 'severe penalties' you mention pale into insignificance compared with what goes on elsewhere in the world.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

Steely Hill wrote:well the obvious answer to your poll question is No since i don't like religion.

however, the 'severe penalties' you mention pale into insignificance compared with what goes on elsewhere in the world.

Yes, but this is news.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Almeida » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm

per aspera ad astra - the path nick is being on to come to love russia in the end :D nice to see! ))))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:55 am

Almeida wrote:per aspera ad astra - the path nick is being on to come to love russia in the end :D nice to see! ))))

I like Russia. Chaikovsky was great, and he happened to be gay. And Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky. And Pussy Riot. All great Russians.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Almeida » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:24 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Almeida wrote:per aspera ad astra - the path nick is being on to come to love russia in the end :D nice to see! ))))

I like Russia. Chaikovsky was great, and he happened to be gay. And Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky. And Pussy Riot. All great Russians.

when on earth will these two also become a gay couple, i wonder? ))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Almeida wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

That would be great for the gay community in Russia. Still one of the three greatest Russian icons being gay is good.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Almeida » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Almeida wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

That would be great for the gay community in Russia. Still one of the three greatest Russian icons being gay is good.

again bbc job?
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Almeida wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Almeida wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

again bbc job?

I don't understand what you mean by that comment.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Almeida » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 pm

:lol:

turns for the better then! let's leave it at that :D
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Almeida wrote::lol:

turns for the better then! let's leave it at that :D