Arsenal v Norwich

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Norwich

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Arsenal maintained their Champions League push with a 2-1 win over West Brom , Tomas Rosicky got both goals for the Gunners and made a vital clearance off the which proved to be decisive as West Brom staged a fightback helped by penalty and a red card for Pers Mertsacker ..Arsenal held on though and are now just 2 pts behind 4th placed Spurs with a game in hand .

Norwich had to settle for a point against Swansea at Carrow Road ...it finished 2-2 and the point will help the Canaries inch one point closer to safety ...manager Chris Hughton said after the game .."We wanted a win but nothing changes, we still have to get enough points from the six remaining matches to make sure we're secure".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Arsenal should win this easily and the victory will take the Gunners up to 3rd in table with Spurs and Chelsea not playing.

Arsenal 4-1 Norwich
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Did you know that Grant Holt has scored in both of his last two meetings with Arsenal.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Line ups

Arsenal:
Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Gervinho, Giroud..

subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Monreal, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski

Norwich:
Bunn; R.Martin, Bassong, Turner, Whittaker; Johnson, Howson, Tettey, Snodgrass, Kamara; Holt..

subs: Camp; Jackson, Fox, E.Bennett, Garrido, Becchio, R.Bennett
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:09 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-0 Norwich
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Had a conversation with someone here a couple of days ago about the double standard refs have when dishing out cards to players depending on the colour of the skin. And there was yet another one in this game just further get my point across. Sagna got yellow carded for a first offense which was blocking a players path, Snodgrass does exactly the same thing and doesn't get a a card. I know it may not be what people want to face here ,but that is blatant bias right there whether you like it or not.

On another subject. How infuriating is Gervinho! I would absolute hate to play with tis bloke if was a player ,he would drive me flipping nuts.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Arsenal got out of jail today..Spurs fans must be hating every minute lol
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:27 pm

FT

Arsenal 3-1 Norwich
0-1 Turner 57’
1-1 Arteta 85’ (pen.)
2-1 Bassong 88’ (o.g.)
3-1 Podolksi 90'

Arsenal leave it late to beat Norwich but were worth their win.

The Gunners move up to 3rd in the table.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Flipping commentator was an absolute joke.
That was a bang on penalty for Arsenal's first goal no doubt a bout it. The linesman finally grew a pair of balls the ref didn't have and called it like it should be every single week when defenders get away with pulling attackers all over the box.
Terrible performance from Wenger's team quite honestly and i have to give credit to Norwich's defensive performance until fatigue took hold late in the game. The introduction of Walcott when those Norwich legs were feeling the burn was key. Psychologically it is a daunting task to have that boy coming on your wing ,with images of him at his best seeping into your consciousness. Good run by OX ,who i thought has played crap this season. When you consider a game is 90 minutes ,i think Arsenal deserved to win because tier superior quality wore Norwich down eventually.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm

a crucial win today with Spurs not playing , from what I hear a bit of controversy with the corner leading up to the penalty and of course the penalty itself , wilkl not be able to comment though until I have seen Match of the Day .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Conner99 wrote:a crucial win today with Spurs not playing , from what I hear a bit of controversy with the corner leading up to the penalty and of course the penalty itself , wilkl not be able to comment though until I have seen Match of the Day .

There was absolutely no controversy over the penalty ,i don't care what anyone says! That player had a fistful of Girouod's shirt and dragged him to the ground when he attempted to make contact with the ball. Simples as that! I don't care what the commentators says about that type of thing happening in every game , the defender cheated and the punishment was just.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 am

One could say that Arsenal were very luck with all three of their goals.

1.No penalty.
2.Giroud fouled Bassong
3.Offiside.

Maybe the linesman is a secret gunners fan?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 pm

specnur wrote:
Conner99 wrote:a crucial win today with Spurs not playing , from what I hear a bit of controversy with the corner leading up to the penalty and of course the penalty itself , wilkl not be able to comment though until I have seen Match of the Day .

There was absolutely no controversy over the penalty ,i don't care what anyone says! That player had a fistful of Girouod's shirt and dragged him to the ground when he attempted to make contact with the ball. Simples as that! I don't care what the commentators says about that type of thing happening in every game , the defender cheated and the punishment was just.

having now seen the highlights I would agree , a clear penalty as there can be ..so what if the referee didn't see it ..that is why they have a linesman as well ..the corner leading up to the penalty i admit was not certain , but then the free kick that led to the Norwich goal , I don't really think that was a foul by Gibbs .

It was a great substitution by Wenger and Walcottt and Podolski made the difference in the end ..Podolski should be playing more , he certainly is more productive than Gervinho .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 pm

What about your 3rd goal Conner? Surely you have to admit that was well offside before Podolski fired it in?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I will only admit the 3rd goal looked off side .....the other two goals are down to interpretation of the rules , the corner for Arsenal ...did the Norwich player touch the ball before it had gone all the way over the line ..that I could not say for sure .

Giroud did get his shirt pulled ....it was the correct decision however far the linesman was from the incident ...on another day he would get away with it ..like Kompany did against Torres yesterday in the FA Cup semi final .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Conner99 wrote:Giroud did get his shirt pulled ....it was the correct decision however far the linesman was from the incident ...on another day he would get away with it ..like Kompany did against Torres yesterday in the FA Cup semi final .

Regardless it was a clear penalty, there's no disputing that, only the corner. I didn't get to catch the full game but I believe we had around 75% possession, in terms of footballing justice surely we deserved the three points.

We've just got to keep this run going, tomorrow night is a big game.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 am

Conner99 wrote:I will only admit the 3rd goal looked off side .....the other two goals are down to interpretation of the rules , the corner for Arsenal ...did the Norwich player touch the ball before it had gone all the way over the line ..that I could not say for sure .

Giroud did get his shirt pulled ....it was the correct decision however far the linesman was from the incident ...on another day he would get away with it ..like Kompany did against Torres yesterday in the FA Cup semi final .

This is what i can't understand ,why does the distance of the linesman in relation to the ref have anything to do with it. If the ref's vision is obstructed from 4 feet away are we lead to believe his view is more beneficial.Never a more pathetic and anti -Arsenal theory have heard. The only people who are debating this are those who wanted Arsenal to lose,it's as simple as that.
You just got to look at it as some refs don't have the bottle to call those fouls in the box and some do ,i applaud that linesman for having the bottle to do what he did.

The offside mess up was the type of mistake you see in every single game of every week almost ,so lets throw that argument out of here already!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am

it was a definite penalty. the fact that mug refs let players get away with this most weeks doesn't make it any less of a penalty.

in fact, it's about time defenders were pulled up on this kind of thing so hats off to the linesman.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Steely Hill wrote:it was a definite penalty. the fact that mug refs let players get away with this most weeks doesn't make it any less of a penalty.

in fact, it's about time defenders were pulled up on this kind of thing so hats off to the linesman.

I thought they started to sort it out a couple of weeks ago ,when that ref made that big call. I don;t how much of this foul the ref saw ,but it has gone on since then at the usual clip.
The sadder thing for me is that i have come to believe that the linesman must be an Arsenal fan to break rank with these morons that would almost uniformly turn a blind eye to any sort of fairness to that team. Especially with the race for fourth so close right now.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:09 pm

So in the future then we should expect to see ALL shirt pulling incidents in the box
result in the award of a penalty and for linesman to be more involved in these decisions.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League