Stoke v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Stoke v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Stoke had their fears about relegation renewed as they slipped to a 3-1 defeat by Aston Villa ...it left manager Tony Pulis to admit his side still need around 6 pts to ensure safety for next season , he said after the game "we need 6 points"

Man Utd lost for the second season running at Old Trafford against arch rivals Man City ...this time it was just a 2-1 defeat for Sir Alex and it will be a little while longer before the title is decided ..the lead is now 12 pts for Man Utd and a win against Stoke would help bring that title ever so closer to Old Trafford again .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm

In the past this would have been a tough game for Utd but with the poor way Stoke are playing right now it won't be this time.

Stoke 0-3 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:44 pm

the only hope is that Stoke realise that they are not quite free from the threat of relegation and up their performance , I think Man Utd will want to make sure the defeat by Man City was just a blip though and so will do their best to make sure they bounce back with a win ...I predict a 2-1 win for Man Utd ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Did you know that Robin van Persie has now failed to score in 685 minutes of football for Manchester United in all competitions.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Hams wrote:Did you know that Robin van Persie has now failed to score in 685 minutes of football for Manchester United in all competitions.

I don't know what has happened to him ...it seems someone has turned of his goal switch or something .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Well it looks like Tony Pulis' bubble is on the cusp of bursting ! I am shocked that his style of play has lasted this long to be honest and i think the addition of better mangers in Steve Keane, Rodgers ,Laudrup etc has pushed his ideology down the league where it belongs! I can see nothing but an absolute trouncing by man u ,that is if fergie puts out his best players.
3-0 man u
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby prince.of.united » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 am

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:Did you know that Robin van Persie has now failed to score in 685 minutes of football for Manchester United in all competitions.

I don't know what has happened to him ...it seems someone has turned of his goal switch or something .

You bet man! Talk about having a goal drought! I hope to see him and Hernandez starting, First we need to ensure the title and then the experiments with the squad, we have been abysmal in all other competition other than the league. :(
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:10 pm

prince.of.united wrote:
Conner99 wrote:

You bet man! Talk about having a goal drought! I hope to see him and Hernandez starting, First we need to ensure the title and then the experiments with the squad, we have been abysmal in all other competition other than the league. :(

RVP went through the same slump exactly the same time last season with Arsenal after going on an incredible run.
What i think could be the difference this season is that man u do not rely on him to score as much as arsenal did last season ,so he will have less pressure on him to score. Now it's time for the others to step up which i think they will do,RVP went on a hell of a run of form that i don't think any other player has matched in the top flight.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 am

RvP's part is over. If my computation was right, they'll be 11 pts behind City if not for his goals. Who knows, maybe he can break his drought here. Although I don't expect him to start. 0-1 United
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Line ups

Stoke City:
Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Huth, Wilkinson; Shotton, Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam; Walters, Jones.

Subs: Sorensen, Palacios, Owen, Whitehead, Kightly, Crouch, Jerome.

Manchester United:
De Gea; Jones, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Kagawa, Carrick, Rooney, Hernandez, Van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Giggs, Smalling, Welbeck, Cleverley, Buttner
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Stoke 0-1 Man U

Carrick with an early goal on 4 mins.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

FT

Stoke 0-2 Man Utd
0-1 Carrick 4’
0-2 van Persie 66’ (pen.)

RVP ended his goal drought while Rooney played in central midfield.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby prince.of.united » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Defense did an excellent job, Rooney playing in the mid-field is bit of odd but he did really well. It was good to see Hernandez and Van Persie starting the match. Carrick and Kagawa looked pretty good.

Valencia had a real shocker of a game, he has been off color since he got # 7 jersey. We were virtually playing without wingers! Jones had fairly good game.

RVP celebration for 20 goals was pretty hilarious ran straight to Sir Alex looks like he forgot that the old man is 71 years old :D

Happy to come up with 3 points. :)
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Return to Barclays Premier League