Chelsea v Man City - 14th April

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

Chelsea v Man City - 14th April

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:36 am

Chelsea won't have much time to prepare for this semi final as they
are playing against Rubin Kazan in Moscow on Thursday night so Rafael Benitez
will probably have to make several team changes for this game with Terry and Lampard probably to both start.

Man City will be full of confidence having just beaten Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford in the Manchester derby.
The only set back for Mancini is that David Silva picked up an injury towards the end and its unlikely he will be able to take part.

Do you have any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Line ups

Chelsea
Cech,Azpilicueta,Ivanovic,David Luiz,Bertrand,Ramires,Mikel,Hazard,Oscar,Mata,Ba

Subs - Terry,Lampard,Benayoun,Torres,Turnbull,Moses,Aké

Man City
Pantilimon,Zabaleta,Kompany,Nastasic,Clichy,Touré,Barry,Milner,Tévez,Nasri,Agüero

Subs - Lescott,Garcia,Sinclair,Hart,Kolarov,Dzeko,K Touré
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 pm

HT

Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Nasri 35'

That was a decent game of football in the 1st half.

City were the better team for about 20 mins then Chelsea got into it until Nasri had a bit of luck in front of goal.

It should have been 0-2 at the end but Kompany fired a great chance wide of the post.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:44 pm

How the hell is a player as small as Aguero winning a header in that penalty box ,embarrassing !
I must say i can;t see that happening if John Terry was playing as much as i dislike the bloke, you just have tell it like it is.
Ba has been very quiet ,his game is very limited indeed and it show against a very disciplined mAn city . Just as i write this he just puts in a blinding goal ,what timing :lol:
I tink Man city may have shot thier wad early in this game ,they came out with intensity high and i don't think the forwards in particular can stay up with that pace they set. Without that threat up front they had in the first half CHelsea should gain a bit of confidence. What is save by Pantilimon from Mata,huge save.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Another miraculous save by Pantilimon ,crikey!!!!!!! one way traffic from chelsea right now. Hazard has come alive and is running man city ragged. What a game!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:03 pm

FT

Chelsea 1-2 Man City
0-1 Nasri 35'
0-2 Agüero 47’
1-2 Ba 66'

Man City reach the final and will play against Wigan!

Chelsea really pushed hard for the equaliser in the last 20 minutes but they just couldn't find another goal.

This was a really very good game and advert for the FA Cup after the shameful scenes with Millwall's morons yesterday.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Not sure why Rafa didn't play Lampard - he is the obvious choice surely? The man has done it plenty of times before, I can understand why some Chelsea fans will be pleased to see the back of this season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Brilliant game ,thoroughly enjoyed it. I do however expect those dissenting voices
Benitez had managed to quell will be back in force after this set back.

Kudos to the man for leaving Lampard and co on the bench,at least he's got the
gonads to make awkward decisions that most managers would shirk. I actually
thought Chelsea were far the better team with the introduction of Torres in the
second half ,and if not for some slack marking by Ivanovic and co then we could
have seen extra time....and if we're going on the precedent set by the officials
in the Arsenal v Norwich game then Kompany trying to wear Torres's shirt was
a definite penalty ,add that to City should been deservedly reduced to 10 men
and it all makes for a very different game.

Congratulations City ,and commiserations Chelsea.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Image

Not sure why Rafa didn't play Lampard - he is the obvious choice surely? The man has done it plenty of times before, I can understand why some Chelsea fans will be pleased to see the back of this season.

Do you actually think Lampard playing would have been nothing more than a battering from city?
It's ok Lampard making one of his runs into the box from a cross ,but for 99% of the time between that happening he has been trash and i mean absolutely crap! The intensity man city came on at the start of this game would have seen him getting caught in possession and rushing his passes out of bounds like i have seen him do in every game against lesser teams than City.
So let's end any debate in regards to fat frank. Both MIkel and Ramirez did more in the middle of the park in this game then Lampard has done in any 10 games Lampard has played this season.

I personally thought Oscar had tired in the last few games and had become less effective each game ,but i must say as cIty lost their intensity from Barry , Toure and Milner later on he and hazard found more time and space to be a factor.
I really think Torres should have started instead of BA going by the way the SPaniard had played in his last couple of games.

I hope Aguero gets a lengthy ban for that diabolical challenge ,if anything needed retro active punishment then that does .Has to be one of the worst this season and how he stayed on the pitch ,has more to do with officials reading the ever glowing reports on the press about the player who seems to be bale to do no wrong.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 am

Well not playing Lampard worked out well didn't it chief? 200 goals? Yeah, you're right absolute crap, better to get dumped out of the cup than to risk playing such a loser.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Well not playing Lampard worked out well didn't it chief? 200 goals? Yeah, you're right absolute crap, better to get dumped out of the cup than to risk playing such a loser.

Mate get yourself a nice cup of tea and about 10 of any games at any time this season and see if i am not right about Lampard's input in games for 90% of matches. He is a luxury CHelsea cannot afford when playing top calibre opposition. Just look at what happened when they played man u in the 1st leg. I told anyone before the game the same thing and CHelsea started Lampard ,he did nothing in on that pitch and because CHelsea basically played with 10 men so they went down 2-0. The moment they brought Mikel on the affect was immediate and CHelsea came back to tie the game.
Lampard is a lump in the middle of hat park and why you can't see that only reflects how much you are controlled by what commentators or pundits with a bias for that player say.

Lampard is a passenger and only a fool would risk relying on his only impact in the game being running onto a ball in the box ,while for the rest of the time you play with 10 men.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby tangman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 am

specnur wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:Well not playing Lampard worked out well didn't it chief? 200 goals? Yeah, you're right absolute crap, better to get dumped out of the cup than to risk playing such a loser.

Mate get yourself a nice cup of tea and about 10 of any games at any time this season and see if i am not right about Lampard's input in games for 90% of matches. He is a luxury CHelsea cannot afford when playing top calibre opposition. Just look at what happened when they played man u in the 1st leg. I told anyone before the game the same thing and CHelsea started Lampard ,he did nothing in on that pitch and because CHelsea basically played with 10 men so they went down 2-0. The moment they brought Mikel on the affect was immediate and CHelsea came back to tie the game.
Lampard is a lump in the middle of hat park and why you can't see that only reflects how much you are controlled by what commentators or pundits with a bias for that player say.

Lampard is a passenger and only a fool would risk relying on his only impact in the game being running onto a ball in the box ,while for the rest of the time you play with 10 men.

I agree with Specnur here regarding Lampard. If we had started with Lampard we would have been battered more by City's powerful and fast midfield. Also when you speak about his record of 200 goals you have got to remember that he is not the player he once was. We have players like Mata, Hazard, Oscar to do the needful Lampard has no pace when these three are on the pitch. And when he starts ahead of either Mikel or Rami in pivot we get hurt. He's a legend for us but he cannot command a place in this team anymore.
tangman
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 am

Any thoughts about the horrible tackle by Aguero on Luiz and should it be looked at by the FA?

Does any one else also think that Frank Lampard should have started or at least have come on for 30 minutes or so?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 pm

The FA have announced that they wont be taking any action against Aguero as the referee saw and dealt with the incident!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Probably one of the most unbelievable decisions i have ever seen this bunch of clowns make.

They banned Balotelli by reading what was in the players mind ,and not taking into consideration that he was barreled into by two players knocking him off balance. You look at the pictures of Aguero in that challenge and there is no doubt in anyone's mind what he was trying to do.
Someone needs to hold the FA to task for this double standard and ask them to justify it!
They are a flipping joke!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to FA Cup