Southampton v West Ham - 13th April

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Southampton v West Ham - 13th April

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:32 pm

The Saints won their last game 2-0 away at Reading to make it 3 wins in a row for the South coast club.

West Ham earned a battling 0-0 draw away at Liverpool in their last match to move another step closer to safety.

Any comments or predictions?

Can the Hammers get that one more victory that Sam Allardyce says will be enough to keep us in the top flight?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby 07rlewis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Alot has changed since we got stuffed 4-1 at Upton Park, we are a changed side and we have got the players that were'nt available that day such as shaw, ramirez and cork. West Ham are a good team not just physically and have got some skillful players, and they proved at liverpool that they are capable of fustrateing teams. But Saints are aiming for a 4th consecuative win and at home since Poch has been here we have beaten Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea drawn against Everton and lost against QPR a game we should have won really. Would welcome a win happily so we can attack the top half of the table. Prediction - Southampton 2-1 West Ham
07rlewis
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Did you know that Jussi Jääskeläinen has made 134 saves this season, at least 14 more than any other goalkeeper.

Any more comments or predictions?

I'm going for us to win 2-1 although I don't know if Andy Carroll will be playing as I heard that he has had a virus this week.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm

according to the BBC match preview he is available ...I think West Ham will have to play well to beat Southampton , they have deserved every point since the manager was changed and are now virtually safe from the drop . .. I think it will be a 3-1 win for Southampton ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:47 pm

i missed the liverpool match, and it seems like i'm going to miss this one too. hopefully, we wont lose, but it's okey if we will. there is always some reading as the last row in our schedule to get 3 points :mrgreen:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Line ups

Southampton:
Boruc, Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Fox, Cork, Lallana, S.Davis, Schneiderlin, Ramirez, Lambert.

Subs: K.Davis, Fonte, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Puncheon, Mayuka, Rodriguez.

West Ham United:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, O'Brien, O'Neil, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, Vaz Te, Carroll.

Subs: Henderson, Potts, Pogatetz, Taylor, Collison, C.Cole, Paulista.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:08 pm

HT

Saints 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:23 pm

FT

Southampton 1-1 West Ham
1-0 Ramirez 59'
1-1 Carroll 66'

Andy Carroll with his 3rd goal in 2 games earns the Hammers another point to take us closer to the magic 40.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:26 pm

acceptible result. missed the game, but next week will try to catch us taking on mighty MU. :D
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Almeida wrote:acceptible result. missed the game, but next week will try to catch us taking on mighty MU. :D

We play Man Utd on Wednesday night comrade, I hope the kick off is not too late for you. :wink:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Have seen the highlights now and I would say that a draw was probably a fair result for both teams.

There was one goal line incident when a shot from Lambert was scrambled clear by our keeper but I didn't think the whole ball went over.

Andy Carroll had another good game but our Captain Kevin Nolan really needs to do better and has been well below his best.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 am

fairly happy with that result. did enjoy the irony of their supporters shouting 'hoof' consdiering their goal came from a hopeful punt forward and a massive slice of luck.

just when i begin to warm to Southampton their supporters remind me why i dislike them.

anyway, i think the draw suits both sides. Collins had another very good game but we need to be more clinical away from home. we waste too many chances and considering we only get a few per game we just can not afford to be so wasteful.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

is collins for long with the hammers? he is just one of those i'd like to keep in the squad for as long as possible. it's such a treat to watch him play every time. )) diame would be my another permanent choice to retain, and carrol, yeah, funny as it seems, he fits into the picture, though i'm still of the opinion he hasnt been as effective as he could have this season according to his potential.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League