Arsenal v Everton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Everton

Postby Conner99 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Arsenal jumped into 3rd place in the table with a 3-1 win against Norwich ...3 goals in 7 mins turned the game around for Arsene Wenger and his team after a shock goal for Norwich threatened to derail the Gunners bid for a Champions League place next season . It will be another crucial game for Arsenal as they look to increase their lead over Chelsea and Tottenham .

Everton kept up their european ambitions with a 2-0 win over QPR , it left them in 6th place , 5 pts ahead of their Merseyside rival Liverpool , and with a game in hand .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 am

2-2 :D
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't think Wilshere will play tonight as Wenger said he is worried about rushing him back too soon.

Did you know that

Arsenal have scored more goals at home against Everton than any host side in any fixture in Premier League history (49).

I think this will be a hard fought game that will result in narrow victory for the Gunners.

2-1
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Line ups

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud;

Subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Podolski

Everton:
Howard, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, Mirallas, Distin, Barkley, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe;

Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Neville
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Hmm, not really sure what result would be better for Spurs, a defeat for Arsenal or a draw....it's that close. I must admit Everton are maintaining a very combative and effective style of play, I expected their flame to be burning less brightly than it is at this stage of the season.

If they get a fourth spot they will deserve it for sure.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I see that best left back in England Baines battered another top team down the wing again! :roll:
When will you clowns learn ,all hype based o what he did against lesser team. That's how the press in that country builds confidence in their players ,by giving far too much ink to what they do against team down there. MOre often than not they get found out up against the upper echelon of players as Baines was today.

I was worried about this game going into it to be honest ,only because ,ARsenal only just came out of tough game a couple of days ago. I can live with a draw but yet again another ref put himself in a position of an absolute fool by not giving Gibson his second yellow ,but giving Pienaar a yellow fro exactly the same offense only seconds later.
One day the FA will have to face up to that fact that refs make too many decisions based on emotion and not by the letter of the law, and address it!
Thought Mirallis had a very good game especially defensively ,a bit rough on some tackles but was very effective for the most part. How many chances does Giroud have to have to score one gaol ffs? He was infuriating today.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 pm

FT

Arsenal 0-0 Everton

Any more comments on tonights result?

Was it a point gained by Arsenal or 2 points lost?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 pm

as we were at home it is 2 pts lost , Everton defended well but we should have won ..Giroud had at least 3 good chances ...really frustrating to see him miss all of them . It was a clear second yellow for Gibson ..how the ref could not see that he blatantly ran into Walcott i dont know . Have to give credit to Seamus Coleman for denying Giroud a goal with his last ditch block ....just a shame it cost us a few points .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

It's now back in Spurs hands as they have that game in hand...well they'll have 2 in hand once Arsenal play again,but even a win in Arsenal's next game isn't enough as if Spurs win both games then they go above the gunners.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:59 pm

yeah...that is the problem ...the advantage has swayed back in Tottenham`s favour , beating Everton would have been such a boost to our Champions League push ..it is now down to Tottenham slipping up again ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm

To be honest i'd say Chelsea have more pressure as they have Liverpool and Man Utd away yet to play plus they have the Europa League right in the midle of it all.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Conner99 wrote:yeah...that is the problem ...the advantage has swayed back in Tottenham`s favour , beating Everton would have been such a boost to our Champions League push ..it is now down to Tottenham slipping up again ..

don't buy into that Conner ,just some fear mongers out there trying to put one up you mate!
Spurs are playing some games that are incredibly tough without Lennon and Bale at the moment ,maybe they'll be fit come game time but how fit can they be for the games like they got coming? We are in the drivers seat without question and i am not about to bail Arsenal out by suggesting otherwise.They have no excuses from this moment on.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm

specnur wrote:
Conner99 wrote:yeah...that is the problem ...the advantage has swayed back in Tottenham`s favour , beating Everton would have been such a boost to our Champions League push ..it is now down to Tottenham slipping up again ..

don't buy into that Conner ,just some fear mongers out there trying to put one up you mate!
Spurs are playing some games that are incredibly tough without Lennon and Bale at the moment ,maybe they'll be fit come game time but how fit can they be for the games like they got coming? We are in the drivers seat without question and i am not about to bail Arsenal out by suggesting otherwise.They have no excuses from this moment on.

Agreed - we have Man City at the Lane on Sunday, it will be a stern examination of what Spurs have in reserve. A draw would be a decent result under normal circumstances, but in order to keep Arsenal (and I'm not discounting Everton) at bay a win is required.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 pm

I am not saying that we are outsiders ...just a win against Everton would have set us up nicely , of course it will require Spurs to beat Man City to give them the advantage ..but as you saw last night Man City struggled to beat Wigan ...at this stage of the season anything is possible ...may still be a few surprises to come yet .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm

I thought new Everton captain Phil Jagielka had a great game and young Ross Barkley looks like a great prospect.

Does anyone know what happened between Wilshere and Mirallas? I hear there was a bit of a tunnel bust up at half time!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

from what i read it was a prank that back fired ..Mirallas squirted some water at Wilshere who didn't find it funny , a few of the Everton players had to step in to avoid a confrontation between the two .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Conner99 wrote:I am not saying that we are outsiders ...just a win against Everton would have set us up nicely , of course it will require Spurs to beat Man City to give them the advantage ..but as you saw last night Man City struggled to beat Wigan ...at this stage of the season anything is possible ...may still be a few surprises to come yet .

There will be a lot of surprises mate ,the other teams fighting are struggling big time with form right now and our mid field at least seem energized with Rosicky getting back into game sand Ox seeing a bit more playing time. OUr players are in better shape than than nay of the others i think.
Fulham for us is massive though ,psychologically and position wise.I think if we don't get a win there it could be us looking up at the rest. We need our strikers to set up it's that simple and the decent play of Ramsey to continue as it takes more of the work load off of a tiring Cazorla. If we had a real defensive mid ,i would have no doubt right now that 3rd place would be ours.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League