West Ham v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:01 pm

West Ham drew 1-1 with Southampton and gained another point to almost certainly ensure their Premier League status for another season .

Man Utd beat Stoke 2-0 as Robin Van Persie ended his goal scoring drought with a penalty to ensure all 3 points for the soon to be Premier League champions .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

I hope we are at are very best tonight to at least delay Man Utd's title celebrations for another week and can earn another point to keep us up.

West Ham 1-1 Man Utd.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Tomkins is a major doubt and with Reid still absent I don't know who will partner Collins at the back for tonights match.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:06 pm

2-1

CHAAAAAAARGE!!
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:54 pm

I would love West Ham to beat Man Utd ..just to get a few nerves jangling at Old Trafford ...at Upton Park it is possible ..but..Man Utd have that knack of getting the result wherever they go ..

3-0 West Ham ...Andy Carroll hatrick....!!
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 pm

United will do what United do and grind out a 1 or 2-0 win
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Line ups

West Ham
Jaaskelainen; Demel, Reid, Collins, O'Brien; Nolan, Diame, Jarvis, O'Neil; Vaz Te, Carroll.

Subs - Pogatetz,C Cole,Noble,Collison,Henderson,Taylor,M. Maïga

Manchester United
De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinad, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Kagawa; Rooney, Van Persie.

Subs - Giggs,Evans,Welbeck,Amos,Cleverley,Nani,Hernández

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

HT

West Ham 1-1 Man Utd

Vaz Te 17'

Valencia 31'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

2-2

Van Persie equalises with an offside goal
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm

FT

West Ham 2-2 Man Utd
1-0 Vaz Te 17’
1-1 Valencia 31'
2-1 Diamé 55’
2-2 van Persie 77’

Any comments on tonights result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm delighted with the Hammers point and if it means that Man Utd have to wait longer to win the title.

RVP was well offside and also had a lot of luck with his goal as the ball hit both posts before he stuck it in.

It was a very good display against the Champions elect and Andy Carroll was like a one man battering ram all night.

I think a draw was a fair result and with Wigan losing away at Man City it was a happy night for the Irons at Upton Park.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 am

West ham robbed by another officiating mistake, looked well tired both team come the 70th minute.
I see some major mistakes in the last games of the season as all the teams this week have looked very tired later in games and some of them even at the start of games.
It never fails to baffle me why game after game ,Kagawa's name is the first on the lips of commentators when the debate comes up of who to take off when things aren;t going to plan. I wonder why that is? I know it definitely isn't because they got better creativity coming in off the bench or that he had less impact than anyone else in the pitch going forward as he had a part in both man u goals. Embarrassing being an Englishman abroad listening to some of these clowns inability to hide their obvious intellectual shortcomings! :wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

well my 2-1 prediction was correct if you only count legitimate goals.

excellent performance although we stood off them a bit too much in our third of the pitch so i was getting a bit annoyed about that.

undoubted highlight of the match was the aftermath of Rooney being a fat little mug to Collins (or was it Carroll?) then the ref having a word while that flat nosed, whinging prat Vidic puffed his chest out and then when the corner finally got swung in Collins sent Rooney down eating turf and Carroll pole axed Evra and De Gea leaving them both in a heap. absolutely loved it. three of the mugs laying stricken on the floor from one move - all straight after they were giving it the biggun holding and kicking our players in the box.

the draw gives us another point in the bag and helps us look up the table rather than down. a top half finish is certainly within our grasp.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

specnur wrote:West ham robbed by another officiating mistake, looked well tired both team come the 70th minute.
I see some major mistakes in the last games of the season as all the teams this week have looked very tired later in games and some of them even at the start of games.
It never fails to baffle me why game after game ,Kagawa's name is the first on the lips of commentators when the debate comes up of who to take off when things aren;t going to plan. I wonder why that is? I know it definitely isn't because they got better creativity coming in off the bench or that he had less impact than anyone else in the pitch going forward as he had a part in both man u goals. Embarrassing being an Englishman abroad listening to some of these clowns inability to hide their obvious intellectual shortcomings! :wink:

Kagawa is the kind of player i admire. classy on the ball and tenacious off it.

baffles me why he doesn't play more often.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Interesting news that Matt Jarvis has the most successful crosses in the PL this season according to stats site OPTA.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:34 pm

I see that old Fergie thinks Carroll should have been shown a Red card for his challenge on David De Gea towards the end of the first half.

Does anyone agree with the Man Utd boss?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Hams wrote:I see that old Fergie thinks Carroll should have been shown a Red card for his challenge on David De Gea towards the end of the first half.

clearly not. he's talking shite as usual.

ball was there to be won, his arms were down and Evra cowering like a little bitch meant Carroll flew straight over him and into De Gea. just one of those things.

even if you were going to be very strict it would be a yellow card at most.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:20 pm

I watched the whole game last night and even the highlights after and still don't see what the fuss is all about!

If anything we should be upset over RVP's goal as it was clearly offside and we were robbed of a famous victory.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Hams wrote:I see that old Fergie thinks Carroll should have been shown a Red card for his challenge on David De Gea towards the end of the first half.

clearly not. he's talking shite as usual.

ball was there to be won, his arms were down and Evra cowering like a little bitch meant Carroll flew straight over him and into De Gea. just one of those things.

even if you were going to be very strict it would be a yellow card at most.

Mate , the force he went into that that challenge bordered on the insane ,not only did he not have any concern for the safety of his fellow professional , he completely abandoned his own self preservation! I watched that live and i thought for certain someone would end up with something broken. This was football 40 years ago ,where walking off the pitch with a broken limb got you a free round in the pub, 3 packs of Woodbines, pork pie and chips and the local gonorrhea ravaged slag to hobble home with you!
That was a reckless challenge make no mistake about it .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 pm

:lol:

The good times are here again
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League