Fulham v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Fulham v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 am

Fulham were no match for Chelsea and lost 3-0 at Craven Cottage , manager Martin Jol thought the result was a bit harsh on his side ...he said .." 3-0 if you didn't see the game, it was a bit harsh."

Arsenal had a bruising encounter with Everton at the Emirates and despite several good chances for Olivier Giroud it finished 0-0 and means the Gunners hopes of a place in the Champions League are still in the balance ...a win against Fulham is vital if they want to keep the pressure on Chelsea and Spurs .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Did you know that Fulham are unbeaten in their last four Barclay Premier League meetings with Arsenal, drawing three and winning one.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 am

Another game which is a must-win for the Gunners, can't afford to slip up here.

2-1 Arsenal
Stan Kroenke's moustache
World Class
World Class

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Massive game this one as said above! It's not last chance saloon by any measure as i think Spurs will lose some points for sure. However i think Spurs v man city could be a close game based on how stale Man city look right now, but i think any effort to win that game for them will greatly deplete their energy going forth.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Line ups

FULHAM:
Schwarzer, Manolev, Senderos, Hangeland, Richardson, Enoh, Sidwell, Ruiz, Emanuelson, Kacaniklic, Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge, Riise, Hughes, Karagounis, Frei, Rodallega, Petric

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud

Subs - Mannone, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Podolski
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Steve Sidwell has been sent off for Fulham after just 15 mins!

If Arsenal don't go on to win this game now they don't deserve to be in the top 4.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm

:lol:

He's only just returned from a ban
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:50 pm

1-0 Arsenal

Mertesacker '43
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:28 pm

That Enoh looks like the type of player arsenal needs! A quick defensive mid like that could be cheap in the Summer,looks half decent. And that's better than what we got right now,i'll tell you that.
Arsenal have just taken the edge off after the goal ,which is a mistake imo. Make Fulham chase the ball yes , but don't allow them to create any chances in out half. They got a couple of players that haven't got much playing time ,that look like they are up for this chance.Cazorla has been poor this game ,looks tired. Sagna can't make cross if saved his mother's life ,absolutely crap service form him yet again. Arsenal again lack rhythm and fluidity Rosicky can't get into they game players making the wrong runs ,very strange game.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Arsenal down to men also now

Giroud sent off
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm

specnur wrote:That Enoh looks like the type of player arsenal needs! A quick defensive mid like that could be cheap in the Summer,looks half decent. And that's better than what we got right now,i'll tell you that.
Arsenal have just taken the edge off after the goal ,which is a mistake imo. Make Fulham chase the ball yes , but don't allow them to create any chances in out half. They got a couple of players that haven't got much playing time ,that look like they are up for this chance.Cazorla has been poor this game ,looks tired. Sagna can't make cross if saved his mother's life ,absolutely crap service form him yet again. Arsenal again lack rhythm and fluidity Rosicky can't get into they game players making the wrong runs ,very strange game.

If i'm not mistaken Enoh is on loan from Ajax,so with Jol's links with Ajax it wouldn't surprise me if they have some kind of transfer arranged already.

Really good player.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Well i'll tell you what, Arsenal made that looked a lot harder than it should have been! Credit fulham for a very very good effort indeed. Even with a man down they were competitive throughout even though Arsenal dominated possession. I think Jol has to look at the side he put out today and think to himself that he could have been further up the table if he would have played this team a bit earlier in the season. They didn't seem to tire much at all and the overall quality remained the same. Some good speed on that fulham team and i thought Emanuelsson coming off at the time he did couldn't have helped arsenal more ,as they just went down a man themselves seconds after his substitution.
I thought the Arsenal mid field looked a lot fresher than the other top 4 teams ,but after this outing i have to take another look at that . They were abysmal ,all of them.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm

FT

Fulham 0-1 Arsenal
0-1 Mertesacker 43’

I will comment more when I've seen the 2 Red cards.

It doesn't sound though that Arsenal played well today but have got away with a lucky 3 points.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

it doesn't matter how well we played Hams ...as long we got the 3 pts , which we did , we have played much better than that and lost ....the red card for Sidwell was correct as it was just dangerous , the red card for Giroud was harsh as he slipped when trying to get the ball ..the two were not the same .

It was a tough game but unlike against Everton we did manage to get a goal and also held on for the win ...all the more important since Spurs beat Man City .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Arsenal have appealed against the Red card shown to Giroud during the 1-0 win against Fulham.
I guess Wenger must have seen that incident!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League