Tottenham v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Tottenham have had a long break since their 2-2 draw with Everton , a postponed game against Chelsea has meant a drop from 3rd to 5th in the table ...but they do now have a game in hand against 4th place Arsenal ..a good result against Man City will give them a big boost as they prepare for the final games of the season .

The injured Gareth Bale may be available again after a few weeks out ..

Man City may be about to lose their Premier League title to Man Utd , but they will want to fight as much as possible to delay the party for their Manchester rivals , a win against Tottenham would help that aim . It took a super goal from Carlos Tevez late in the game to beat struggling Wigan last night ..they currently stand 13 pts behind Man Utd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:18 am

Did you know that Spurs have lost their last four Barclays Premier League encounters with Manchester City – this after losing just three of their previous 27.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 am

I'm on my way to watch this match and I expect to see Spurs fully stretched by Man City today. it won't be easy. However, keep the faith and all that. Spurs 3 Man City 2

Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Line ups

Tottenham:
Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Dembele, Parker, Dempsey, Bale, Sigurdsson, Adebayor.

Subs: Friedel, Caulker, Naughton, Holtby, Huddlestone, Livermore, Defoe.

Man City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko.

Subs: Pantilimon, K Toure, Kolarov, Lescott, Garcia, Sinclair, Aguero.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 pm

HT

Spurs 0-1 Man City

Nasri 5'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Got to say that first goal by Man city was about as good a goal as you will ever get! You had Spurs playing about as well as i have ever seen them ,intensity incredible and a goal looked like a certainty for the London club, but City just pulled out their quality at the blink of an eye and put in a blinder. What a body blow that must have been for Spurs after coming out like that!
What a game though! Just 30 minutes in.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 pm

FT

Tottenham 3-1 Man City
0-1 Nasri 5’
1-1 Dempsey 75’
2-1 Defoe 79’
3-1 Bale 82'

What a second half from Spurs with 3 goals in 7 minutes!

Man City just didn't know what hit them and can kiss goodbye to their title.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Fantastic performance from spurs in the second half ,every player kept their heads up and gave their all in this game!
The subs made the difference ,even though i thought Huddlestone coming on was a bit strange. BUt his long pass accuracy opened things up in the middle of the pitch more ,stretched the defenders out and that was key.
Man city without Silva and Aguero and Mancini bringing on Sinclair to try and get them back into the match was a joke!
I thought Spurs would have one good game against a top 4 team ,but you have to wonder how much they have after this game. The confidence should be high after this game and the way CHelsea are performing right now in the middle of the park you have to give them a chance.
Great game this one!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Great win for The Men in White today, WHL was rocking, though as I said earlier it had to be a win today. If I'm honest I'd have taken a draw at half time as it just wasn't happening. The subs made the difference, The Scruffy One got it right today.

I'm thinking Adebayor will be on the bench next game, he didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. Tom Hudd looks like a player who has come on a bit, Bale will strip fitter for the 90 minutes, and Defoe will be buzzing after that scorcher. So, in summary, Spurs got it absolutely spot on today. We keep the pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea.

My mood this afternoon?

Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 pm

suddenly it is looking less easy for Arsenal ....a bad result for us really ..would have been happy with a draw .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Superb impact Defoe.
Citeh were cruising but great to see Tottenham turn it round in a flash.
Hopefully Chelski miss out now.

After Nasri scored didn't look like Spurs would pull it back until a good ball or bad defending or both let Dempsey in. Everyone seemed to freeze when Bale cross, good ball but surely someone could've made an attempt, maybe they hoped for a flag? After that only one winner and its good to see Spurs get 3 points, hopefully they can get UCL this year.
Bren10

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Got give Bale a lot of credit for his performance ,for the most part he was kept quite but his impact was huge on this game!
His team needed him to put in a performance and he made the difference against a very good defense ,put a notch on that boys belt for that!

It's going to be incredibly tough figuring out who will qualify now. After this result i think Spurs should have a lot of confidence going forth if they don't qualify i'll be shocked ,because they showed the type of fight i didn't think they had. What made life a lot easier for them thug was that they didn't have to worry about much in attack from MAn city without Silva and Aguero so it's kind of tough to read them.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League