Liverpool v Chelsea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Chelsea

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am

Liverpool saw their hopes of a place in europe next season falter even more after they were shut out by the worst team in the Premier League ..Reading ..despite having what seemed like dozens of shots on goal the Reading defence this time stood form helped by a game of the season performance by Reading keeper Alex McCarthy . Liverpool manger Brenfan Rodgers had this to say after the game .."I can't ask anything more of the players except that we should have been a wee bit more clinical , our creativity and movement was very good. But we just didn't do final bit and that is to the ball in the net and that cost us.

Chelsea moved back into 3rd place in the table after a 3-0 win at Fulham , the game against Liverpool will be a return to Anfield for former manager Rafael Benitez ...will he have the final say on Liverpool`s European ambitions .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:45 pm

This will be an odd match for Benitez with the home fans singing his name and the away supporters chanting their usual hatred towards him!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 pm

I hope he goes with Demba Ba as his striker and then bring Torres on later in the game.....we've seen how low on confidence Torres is so to see the Anfield hatred towards him as he comes on would be great to see...maybe he's that low on confidence they'll reduce him to tears and he'll have a mental breakdown then join Everton..

As for the game itself..it could go two ways...Liverpool will be fired up and seeing as Chelsea won't defend deep we will eventually see the net this time and finally score and win comfortably..

Or

Liverpool dominate the game and Petr Cech has the game of his life and denies Suarez 25 times and we lose 1-0..
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Hams wrote:This will be an odd match for Benitez with the home fans singing his name and the away supporters chanting their usual hatred towards him!

:lol:

It does indeed sound odd that the home fans will chant the name of the away teams manager,but yet the oppositions manager shout abuse at him...

But that's what will happen...very weird
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Line ups

LIVERPOOL:
Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Coutinho, Suarez...

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Coates, Shelvey, Coady, Assaidi, Sturridge.

CHELSEA:
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Luiz, Bertrand, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Torres...

Subs: Turnbull, Lampard, Moses, Ferreira, Terry, Ba, Benayoun.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm

You got to look at the two sides and if a Liverpool fan can't see the difference between Henderson ,Downing,the antiquated Gerrard and Mata, Hazard and Oscar then they deserve where they should be in the league!
ANyone that still believes the amount foreigners hampers the progress of the domestic players only need to look at that level of quality that those Liverpool fans seem to think are good enough. I lost count of how many balls they gave away ,they just don't have the dimension or vision. Liverpool coaching staff ned to start trying to develop young English player with that type ability and not just settle for what is out there or what the press think is good enough.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:46 pm

There is just no predicting what this man Luis Suarez will do next!
Maybe pulling a meat cleaver out of his sock!
Ivanovich defends with perfection and Suarez in his frustration starts lunching on is arm ffs!
A player the plays the game on the edge of sanity ,brilliant most of the time but then he pulls one of these shockers out of his bag of dark arts!

On another note ,why the hell would Rafa take hazard off and bring Ben Ayoun on? Baffling decision that i hope cost chelsea as a draw would be fine by me. :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Well a Scally win would have been the dream end to a pretty good day, but I'll take the Desmond. Thanks Rafa!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Boris » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Bayern still wants Suarez, yeah?
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:43 pm

FT

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea
0-1 Oscar 26’
1-1 Sturridge 52'
1-2 Hazard 57’ (pen.)
2-2 Suarez 90'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:45 pm

So for how long should Suarez be banned for bitting Ivanovic and does this end his player of the season hopes?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Hams wrote:So for how long should Suarez be banned for bitting Ivanovic and does this end his player of the season hopes?

You mean the PFA player of the season award, of course. Bale is obviously going to win the Football Writers' award.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:56 pm

I think we should have seen the last of Suarez this season, probably booking his flight back to Uruguay already. But then again it's the FA and maybe they'll go the way of McManaman and Aguero!
In a sane world Suarez would not only get a lengthy ban ,but given his last chance before a lifetime ban form our league.
The man is a disgrace and should not get away with this type of thing just because he a fantastic player!

You have to look at how that whole incident transpired and pretty much come to the conclusion that no player is safe on that pitch for merely doing his job FAIRLY! If the FA don;t look at it this way and put that player on notice publicly not privately ,then they are not worth a pile of dog turd!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Suarez on Twitter

"I am deeply sorry for my inexcusable behaviour earlier today during our match against Chelsea," Uruguayan Suarez, who later scored in the 97th minute to grab a 2-2 draw for Liverpool, said on the club's website.

"I have issued an apology and have tried to contact Branislav Ivanovic to speak to him personally. I apologise also to my manager, playing colleagues and everyone at Liverpool Football Club for letting them down."
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Will be interesting to see if plays again for Liverpool never mind this season.
Not sure Liverpool can defend this but given their class previously who knows eh?
That said without the bite he made quite the impact, scored one, made one and conceded a pen.
Liverpool looked pretty toothless in the first half but the introduction of sturridge changed that. Brilliant play for Gerrard then he hit the post before equalising. Liverpool would no doubt have gone on to win it if Suarez wasn't reminiscing on WC 2010.
Bren10

Postby redpelt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 am

Sturridge will no doubt be spearheading our attack for the rest of the season and was excellent
upon his introduction, as for Suarez and his ridiculous actions ,only babies and animals bite.

I personally think the bite was sufficiently less effective as the kick in the teeth he has delivered
to the club and its fans in general....... He's a passionate player and I love him to bits for his zeal
for the game ,but yesterday falls on a similar side of shameful as El Hadj Diouf and his now infamous
saliva.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am

i actually think Suarez is some kind of sub-human, unevolved neanderthal.

his ancestors must have survived the Spanish conquistadors and his tribe blended in with society and the resulting beast is this kind of half-human, half caveman sub-species with a brain the size of a pea.

Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am

Suarez has been fined by Liverpool and asked for the money to be donated to charity
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:41 am

a typically desperate Liverpool PR stunt.

that club are a constant suorce of humour over the past couple of years. what makes it funnier is the fans constant assertion they are a club with dignity and class. i can't remember the last time those two words could genuinely be used to describe that football club.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League