West Ham v Wigan

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Wigan

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce was left furious as a controversial equaliser by Robin Van Persie denied his side a famous victory over Man Utd at Upton Park ..the game finished 2-2 and replays seemed to suggest Van Persie was in an offside position when he tapped in the second for Man Utd ..however the point means the Hammers are all but certain of being in the Premier League next season .

Wigan gave a good performance against champions Man City and despite losing 1-0 manager Roberto Martinez is confident his side can avoid the drop if they play the same way in their remaining games ..he said "if we play like this we'll get the points we deserve,it's a performance to be proud of and when you play against a team like Manchester City you have to accept conceding a goal with a piece of magic".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Did you know that West Ham have won three successive home games against Wigan Athletic in the Premier League – this after failing to win the previous three (L2 D1).

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Line ups

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll, Vaz Te, O'Brien, Collins, Demel, Diame, O'Neil.

Subs: Henderson, C.Cole, Collison, Taylor, Noble, Pogatetz, J.Cole

Wigan:
Robles, Kone, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell, Maloney, Gomez, McManaman, Boyce, Figueroa, Scharner.

Subs: Al Habsi, Di Santo, Henriquez, McArthur, Espinoza, Beausejour, Stam.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm

HT

West Ham 1-0 Wigan

Jarvis 21'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:30 pm

FT

West Ham 2-0 Wigan
1-0 Jarvis 21’
2-0 Nolan 80'

The happy Hammers move up to 10th in the table and look like earning Sam Allardyce a new contract.

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm

We were very lucky to win this game and Wigan were by far the better team especially in the 2nd period.

It was good to see Nolan score the 100th goal of his career and Andy Carroll once again caused havoc in the Latics defence.

Other than that it was a very lack luster display from the Irons and our keeper Jaaskelainen had another excellent display in goal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:02 am

a truly dreadful game.

Wigan look doomed. 5 yard passes along the backline are not going to keep them up. they were pathetic in the final third and really should have beaten us but you can never really complain after a 2-0 win, especially when the second goal was a result of two simultaneous over head kicks (well Nolan's almost was) - you don't see many of them in your lifetime.

up to tenth and looking to nail down that position at least now ready to build for next year. with every place being worth £700k it could have a big impact on our transfer budget so a strong finish remains a priority and we have a couple of winnable games in there as well.

we've also kept up our record of scoring in every home game (i will include the Man City 0-0 since we had a legitimate goal wrongly disallowed) which is in stark contrast to our patchy home form last season. we just need to sort out our pathetic away record now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I'll say I didn't think you guys would be so solid at home this season, you've been alright which nis more than Liverpool could attest to.
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:18 pm

A good result for West Ham, I forecast a Wigan win as they have been playing well of late, but it is all about getting the 'w' at this stage of the season. I'd be interested to know how many Hammers fans still want shut of Allerdyce, he was getting a lot of flak earlier in the season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:A good result for West Ham, I forecast a Wigan win as they have been playing well of late, but it is all about getting the 'w' at this stage of the season. I'd be interested to know how many Hammers fans still want shut of Allerdyce, he was getting a lot of flak earlier in the season.

i certainly wouldn't shed a tear if he did depart but i do feel he deserves a crack at trying to build something.

this summer becomes on of the most important in living memory. we have the Olympic STadium on the horizon, premier league football pretty much nailed on and a fairly young squad of players.

changing manager at this point would be a significant risk and i don't feel that we should be taking that at this stage.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League