PFA Player of the year awards 2013

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

PFA Player of the year awards 2013

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:12 pm

PFA Player of the Year shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Michael Carrick, Eden Hazard, Juan Mata, Luis Suarez, Robin van Persie.

PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Christian Benteke, Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere.

Any comments on the short lists for the PFA Player and young player of the awards?

Gareth Bale is the favourite to win for a 2nd year in a row which is voted for by his fellow professionals.

I don't see what Michael Carrick has done to be there? :lol:
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39988
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby tangman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 pm

It's difficult to choose from among Hazard, Mata, Suarez, RVP and Bale. However, if i had to vote my vote would go to Juan Mata. He has been fabulous for chelsea all season and not to mention consistent with his performances. He scores as well as assists. When he doesn't play, the team suffers. The same can be said for other mentioned players but I feel his consistency gives him an edge over others.
But why is Carrick among the nominees?

Hazard gets my vote for young player of the year, although as you mentioned Bale shd get it. Btw how old is bale, is he still considered a young player? :?
tangman
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: Bangalore,India Supports Chelsea FC

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Van Persie - PFA

Bale - Young Players...

This is how it will work out..

Pathetic...wrong and an insult to Luis Suarez
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:53 pm

tangman wrote:It's difficult to choose from among Hazard, Mata, Suarez, RVP and Bale. However, if i had to vote my vote would go to Juan Mata. He has been fabulous for chelsea all season and not to mention consistent with his performances. He scores as well as assists. When he doesn't play, the team suffers. The same can be said for other mentioned players but I feel his consistency gives him an edge over others.
But why is Carrick among the nominees?

Hazard gets my vote for young player of the year, although as you mentioned Bale shd get it. Btw how old is bale, is he still considered a young player? :?


Bale is 23 and still considered to be young enough...as was Aguero last season who seems to have been around for years lol

The Carrick inclusion is beyond belief but no surprise considering Giggs won it a few years ago for doing nothing
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Re: PFA Player of the year awards 2013

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Hams wrote:PFA Player of the Year shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Michael Carrick, Eden Hazard, Juan Mata, Luis Suarez, Robin van Persie.

PFA Young Player of the Year shortlist:
Gareth Bale, Christian Benteke, Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere.

Any comments on the short lists for the PFA Player and young player of the awards?

Gareth Bale is the favourite to win for a 2nd year in a row which is voted for by his fellow professionals.

I don't see what Michael Carrick has done to be there? :lol:


The thing that gets me is that Bale has been nominated for both awards but Hazard hasn't...so they are saying Carrick has been much better than Hazard when he hasn't.

The sexiest women of the year run by FHM is more professionally run than this award is.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:05 pm

How the hell did Carrick get on there before Demeble ,you compare their impact in big games this season and there is no comparison, just to put his inclusion on the list into some sort of perspective.I'm guessing man u are winning the title and they need to give art least on British player on that title winning team some credit and Carrick happens to fit that bill this season. What a flipping joke. Anyway RVP should win it without question Suarez has been very good for Liverpool indeed but RVP pips him for me. Bale should not be winning this award .it's that simple . When the press inundates everyone with his exploits against average teams ,they know exactly what they are doing. They know they are marinating the brain to believe what they want them to believe text book brainwashing. When RVP doesn't score against big teams it's not because he doesn't have the ability ,it's because he's tired that cannot be said about Bale and that is a fact that the press would hide from you.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16134
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 pm

bale has scored against man u arsenal and i think man city so he has scored in big games. also specnur why do you say van persie is tired when he doesnt score against big teams. how do you know. is this another example of you making up stuff to suit your argument. also why is hazard in there and michu not. thats a joke
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm

eaman wrote:bale has scored against man u arsenal and i think man city so he has scored in big games. also specnur why do you say van persie is tired when he doesnt score against big teams. how do you know. is this another example of you making up stuff to suit your argument. also why is hazard in there and michu not. thats a joke


Very good point
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:13 pm

eaman wrote:bale has scored against man u arsenal and i think man city so he has scored in big games. also specnur why do you say van persie is tired when he doesnt score against big teams. how do you know. is this another example of you making up stuff to suit your argument. also why is hazard in there and michu not. thats a joke


No it's based on his consistency in scoring against the best teams over the last couple of years without injury pal ,get your level of football intelligence up!
Bale is has not been as consistent this season as RVP and his reputation was built over that stretch he had against teams like Norwich, WBA , and teams of that ilk. He has scored against Arsenal yes ,but if you watch that game he was crap 90% of the time .I player should be judged on his overall impact in these games if they have equal goals stats against them and RVP more effective in them. I still don;t even think Bales stats are better than Walclott over the course of a season and Walcott probably more than doubles him in assists ,so he should even win the young player of the year based on that stats.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16134
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm

get your level of football intelligence up. its player of the year not player of the last 3 years as you seem to think by bringing up van persie over the last few years. i havent been that impressed with van persies overall play this year compared to when he was at arsenal. yes hes scored goals but some of his play outside the box has looked more clumsey than usual. your obviously joking with walcott thing anyway. bale is miles better than walcott. anyway i think suarez should win it. hes been more consistent than bale and van persie
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 am

eaman wrote:get your level of football intelligence up. its player of the year not player of the last 3 years as you seem to think by bringing up van persie over the last few years. i havent been that impressed with van persies overall play this year compared to when he was at arsenal. yes hes scored goals but some of his play outside the box has looked more clumsey than usual. your obviously joking with walcott thing anyway. bale is miles better than walcott. anyway i think suarez should win it. hes been more consistent than bale and van persie


Well this is why is said you should get your intelligence level up!
Go and check Bale v walcott stats then get back to me! The last time i saw them was when Arsenal were about to face Spurs and at that point when everyone was on Bales nuts for his form ,Walcott was superior in stats goals and Assists.
Now that may come to a shock to you because you foolishly been brainwashed by all the media attention of recent times.

As far as RVP goes i know full well that he will be judged by what he has done this season,but you asked why i said it was usually because RVP is tired when he doesn't score. ANd used his previous form with an average arsenal side last season and games before that to support the fact that he has consistently scored against them.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16134
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm

well all i know is bale has 20 plus goals and a good few assists now. im sure its more than walcott has. anyway besides stats bale is a better more complete player. im not saying hes up there with the best yet coz he has to do it a few more years to be up there
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Bren10 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:57 pm

No Michu?
Ridiculous.
RVP for player of the year as he doesn't bite, have a . haircut and won the league for Utd.
Think Lukaku has been a good shout for YP had a good season, like him as a player and well fill Drogbas boots one day.
Benteke cant win anything simply because he plays for the scum. :lol:
Bren10
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am

I really hope Suarez doesn't win the PFA player of the year award following the bitting incident against Chelsea.

My money is on Bale to win both awards.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39988
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Danny Welbeck ffs.

got to be having a laugh with that, surely?
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39913
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Where is Michu?

Also in what way, shape or form has Carrick had a better season than Fellaini?

Why is Wellbeck a nominee? Surely getting into side regularly should be a pre-requisite for being nominated for an outstanding season award.

Bale has been the player of the year overall but I'd also like to see Benteke recognised for his season. What a player he looks.
User avatar
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:20 am
Location: Croydon

Postby prince.of.united » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Danny Welbeck ffs.

got to be having a laugh with that, surely?


Exactly my thoughts! What is he doing in the nominations? He doesnt even deserved to be even considered for the awards!

After yesterdays incident I really wish Suarez should not win the award. What he did yesterday was not good at all.
User avatar
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: European Capital of Trophies

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Hams wrote:I really hope Suarez doesn't win the PFA player of the year award following the bitting incident against Chelsea.

My money is on Bale to win both awards.


That's like saying Cantona shouldn't be a Man Utd legend for what he did...the football awards are based on the ability of the player and not the personality of him.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:59 pm

After this weekends games Van persie has it wrapped up..

He will now be the top goalscorer too now that Suarez is banned.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:After this weekends games Van persie has it wrapped up..

He will now be the top goalscorer too now that Suarez is banned.


Top scorer doesn't mean a thing.
Not only was Drogba top scorer he scored the winner in the FA cup and the title decider the same year and was not given the PFA ,the award is joke. And that year alone renders it a paper award worth nothing more than dung pile!

RVP should win that award without question. He didn't win it last year because his team didn't challenge for anything ,but this year his did the same, scored against his biggest rivals and brought home the title . There is no other player that deserves it more ,even before last night. But that's the level of intellect we are dealing with with those that decide such things ,so i would say Bale may still get it. :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16134
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron