Man City v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man City v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Man City saw their Premier League title vanish as they were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham at White Hart Lane ..it will now be up to Roberto Mancini to lift his dejected team as they host West Ham and try to maintain their runners up position .

West Ham ensured their Premier League status with a 2-0 win against Wigan , it would need a sensational run of results for the Hammers to go down now , and manager Sam Allardyce said after the match.." While it wasn't the best performance, the bottom line is, if you score your goals and take your chances, you win football matches".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Man City cant win the PL anymore but there are still cup final places to play for so this wont be an easy game for West Ham.

Man City 2-2 West Ham ( Being optimistic)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:05 pm

i'm hoping for a strong finish so want to go into this game searching for nothing less than a win. of course, a draw would be more than adequate but we should go at Man City who have looked particularly vulnerable at the back.

our away record is poor and our scoring away from home is even worse so i won't be holding my breath for much but that is no reason to go into the game limply accepting defeat.

there wont be too many better opportunities to win away at Man City in the near future.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Line ups

Manchester City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Y Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Aguero.

Subs: Pantilimon, K Toure, Nastasic, Kolarov, Garcia, Milner, Dzeko.

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, Collins, Reid, O'Brien, Vaz Te, O'Neil, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, Carroll.

Subs: Henderson, Pogatetz, Taylor, Noble, J.Cole, Collison, C.Cole.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:41 pm

HT

Man City 1-0 West Ham

Aguero 28'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:53 pm

FT

Man City 2-1 West Ham
1-0 Agüero 28’
2-0 Touré 83'
2-1 Carroll 90’

What a gaffe by Joe Hart at the end letting Andy Carroll's shot go in through his legs!

It was a very poor first half display by West Ham and we didn't really improve in the 2nd period with just 3 shots on target.

As for Man City well they scored 2 good goals but Zabaleta shouldn't have over reacted in that manner when he was fouled by O'Brien.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 am

Man C should have humbled West Ham by many more goals.... they created so many chances.

Silva back just makes such a huge difference, and hes been badly missed by Man C. I always feel Nasri plays better with him able to pick up play.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Man City were a lot more up for it than i expected although we gave another fine account of ourselves against bastly superior opposition.

the most important thing was that we remained tenth though so i am not all that disappointed with the loss.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League