Newcastle v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Newcastle grabbed a point in a 1-1 draw with West Brom and are still not quite out of danger , a win against Liverpool would almost guarantee saftey and manger Alan Pardew knows his side need to up their game .."We have to keep working and make sure we secure our place in this division because we will be a threat next year when we get everybody back".

Liverpool lacked some bite against Chelsea early on ...but came back to draw 2-2 and it was thanks to Luis`Hannibal` Suarez scoring with almost the last kick of the match ...the self confessed cannibal had earlier tried to take a chunk out of the arm of Chelsea`s Branislav Ivanovic , it could be a while before Suarez is seen in a Liverpool shirt again following the FA charge for violent conduct ...meanwhile the Reds will persevere .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am

I could quite happily see Sturridge playing the main striking role against Newcastle
and the return of Borini to full training has also given the squad a timely boost.

However if Suarez appeals (as looks increasingly likely )against the severity of the
ban then his last game could well be the Derby. I'm actually travelling up to St James
so I hope the Geordie snarler's have all that pent up frustration out of their systems
by then ,as police horses shouldn't need Valium to get them through the day.

:wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm

considering all the media interest regarding Suarez and his biting episode ...would Brendan Rodgers even select him for this game if he was available , I imagine the home fans will be planning some amusing songs and chants ...possibly even a few fans with masks and severed arms ...etc ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 pm

So I guess unless Suarez appeals against his 10 match ban he won't be available to play for Liverpool which is good news for Newcastle.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Boris » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Hams wrote:So I guess unless Suarez appeals against his 10 match ban he won't be available to play for Liverpool which is good news for Newcastle.

Nah, Adam Morgan hatty to seal the win/
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Boris wrote:
Hams wrote:So I guess unless Suarez appeals against his 10 match ban he won't be available to play for Liverpool which is good news for Newcastle.

Nah, Adam Morgan hatty to seal the win/

I hear that Borini is back from his injury so Brendan Rodgers is bound to play him up front.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Doubt it. Should be Downing-Sturridge-Coutinho leading the line.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Line ups

Newcastle:
Elliot, S Taylor, Perch, Haidara, Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Tiote, Gutierrez, Sissoko, Cabaye, Cisse.

Subs: Harper, Williamson, Gosling, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Shola Ameobi

Liverpool:
Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard; Downing, Henderson, Coutinho; Sturridge.

Subs: Jones, Coates, Skrtel, Wisdom, Suso, Shelvey, Borini.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:34 pm

HT

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Newcastle 0-4 Liverpool

Suarez who? :lol:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 pm

5-0

Borini
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:10 pm

6-0

Newcastle down to ten men

:lol:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

FT

Newcastle 0-6 Liverpool
0-1 Agger 3’
0-2 Henderson 17’
0-3 Sturridge 54'
0-4 Sturridge 61'
0-5 Borini 74'
0-6 Henderson 76'

What a performance from Liverpool.

Who needs Luis Suarez?!

This was Newcastle's worst home defeat since the 1920's

Should manager Alan Pardew do the decent thing and resign after this latest humiliation?

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Great result and fantastic seeing the lads come together and play well.

Not a good performance by Newcastle at all, but nothing taken away from the boys in red.

Coutinho definitely making me a believer. Great vision, and this was Rodgers-ball at its finest.

A great thing to see without Suarez is a better flow of the game. They are forced to pass and move and find space since they don't have him to just dribble and make something happen on his own.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Learning » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:41 am

Reds with a good result, great to see, not happened in a long while :D

Newcastle were awful though... :P Maybe Suarez out not all bad for Liverpool.

Not sure whats happened with Newcastle for a long time now? Apart from selling Ba of cos... they have been bad for a while now.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:35 am

I think the problem for Newcastle was that they started the match with 7 French players in their line up which was a record.

These mercenaries are only here for the money and don't care about the club or the Premier League unlike home grown talent

I really hope this bizarre transfer policy to only sign players from France and not any British ones results in the Toon going down.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 am

Got back about an hour ago from Newcastle ,stayed the night in the Sandman Hotel close
to St James ,what can I say ? Absolutely brilliant day ,cracking atmosphere and a sparkling
display from the redmen. Just when the scribes were delighted they would no longer have to
choke on their words having to report on the phenomenal talent of Luis Suarez ,it seems the
reds have yet another mercurial South American in Philippe Coutinho ,who was simply a veritable
joy to watch yesterday ,his through balls and invention were reminiscent of Pablo Aimar when
Valencia gave us an absolute football lesson at Anfield. Special mention to Henderson who
covered more grass than Newcastle's groundsmen yesterday,the lad has the potential to be
a major player at Liverpool for the foreseeable future .

Newcastle bossed the possession but I honestly don't think Pardew has a clue ,I mean why he
substituted Gutierrez whose surges down the flanks had us dropping deeper was a complete
mystery. Newcastle were harried and run off every ball , we constantly pressed their midfield
into releasing the ball early.

Sturridge looked like the player we first signed ,and him and Coutinho have apparently read the
same manual on telekinesis training such was their understanding of each others positions.
Oh and fook me if Borini didn't come on and slot a well taken goal .

Most memorable moment those hardcore Geordies voting with their hush puppies and leaving
after the fourth goal went in ,with the reds travelling 4000 singing "Paolo Di Canio".

Great day ,and Coutinho gives us all a shot of real hope for the potential of this Liverpool team.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm

no disrespect to Liverpool ...you can only play what is in front of you , but Newcastle were poor indeed ..and at home .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am

Conner99 wrote:no disrespect to Liverpool ...you can only play what is in front of you , but Newcastle were poor indeed ..and at home .

Newcastle looked soulless mate ,expertly highlighted by the Geordie faithful
voting with their feet.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League