Arsenal v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Arsenal secured a 1-0 win against Fulham at Craven Cottage and held on to 3rd place although they have played a game more than both Chelsea and Tottenham who lie 4th and 5th in the table . It will be a tough game against Man Utd and Arsene Wenger will hope his team can produce a performance that will enhance their chances of a Champions League place for next season .


Man Utd will head to the Emirates as Premier League champions after a 3-0 win against Aston Villa gave them a 13th Premier League title ...a stunning 30 minute hatrick by former Arsenal hero Robin Van Persie was enough to get the poarty started at Old Trafford ..manager Sir Alex Ferguson will now be hoping his players can finish the season in style ..a win against his old enemy Arsene Wenger would be a good start .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I wont be watching this match ....luckily I have a Karate course on sunday , I just hope the hatrick against Villa means Van Persie will have bad game against us ... :wink: I will probably only watch the highlights if we win or draw .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 pm

I bet that if you were playing for the title Conner you would cancel the Karate and watch the game even if it means having to see RVP in a Man Utd shirt :wink:
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Arsenal will be without Giroud after losing the appeal on his Red card so Wenger will have to make some changes upfront.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

BOYCOTT!!!!!

The first 3 minutes anyway! :lol:
I can bring myself to watching man u get clapped out by the Arsenal team.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Hams wrote:I bet that if you were playing for the title Conner you would cancel the Karate and watch the game even if it means having to see RVP in a Man Utd shirt :wink:


quite possibly .... :wink: , but i think RVP would be past his best before that would happen . :wink:
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:52 am

Would be awesome to see RvP score. He has done it for the last 17 times at Emirates.
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Italy

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Klaas Bruinsma wrote:Would be awesome to see RvP score. He has done it for the last 17 times at Emirates.



That's a pretty surprising stat. I could have sworn at the end of last season for Arsenal he couldn't buy a goal! And i am quite sure there were some home games involved in that ,but i could be wrong!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 am

I hope to dear God we stand up as Arsenal fans and voice the complete contempt as the Utd players roll out.

I hope the fans do the ponzan and turn the back on the guard of honour to show the board, and the manager, that we do not accept selling our best players to our rivals and then watching them win titles off the back of it. I hope the entire stadium does the ponzan!!

This is not about showing class or respect for the champions, if it was, i'd be watching cricket or golf instead. I'm sick of Arsenal fans accepting mediocrity. It's about time we showed some bollocks as fans and gave the club, who we supply the £3.3million per home game something to think about.

Sometimes you have to expect losing a big player to a top club. But for us as fans to watch season after season of our best players being sold off once they reach the level we need them to be, and our manager declaring that "I knew selling Van Persie to Utd would win them the title" is completely unacceptable. Then, to expect us to sit there and applaud that is taking the pisss.

This is why our fans should turn our backs on the guard of honour, not to be disrespectful for the sake of it but to show we aren't happy with the way the club is being managed, that making money over winning is the clear priority at Arsenal under this manager and board.

I don't care if today's game we come across as **** at least that'll give us some much needed personality! I'd sooner that then watch our manager hugging Van Persie at half time like he did at Old Trafford, or watching our players swap shirts like Santos did! hell, why don't we just cheer Utd to bang in another 8 goals against us! clap and cheer them off the pitch! Our fans of today are embarrassing enough as it is at home, this afternoon needs to be about showing some pride for Arsenal football club.
User avatar
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 am

Postby BMJ » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

Not happy about way Arsenal is run.

Show contempt to Utd players.

Your butthurtness is making you loony Poker.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am

Theo, Pod and Cazorla are the front three today.
User avatar
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 am

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Line ups

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski.

Subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Monreal, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho.

Manchester United:
De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney, Van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Giggs, Chicharito, Cleverley, Kagawa, Buttner.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:11 pm

early goal for Walcott on just 2 minutes!

Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm

HT

Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd

Walcott 2'

Van persie 44' pen
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:20 pm

FT

Arsenal 1-1 Man Utd
1-0 Walcott 2'
1-1 Van Persie 44' Pen.

Any comments on todays result?

Was Walcott offside for Arsenal's early goal and should it have been a penalty?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 pm

I thought Arsenal played well for the first 30 mins but Man Utd slowly got back into it and a draw was probably a fair result at the end.

Sagna had a real nightmare at right back and was lucky not to be sent off and should be replaced by either Jenkinson or someone else.

As for the crazy Gooners fans the Valencia hand ball incident was well outside the box and not a penalty and to sing you're not fit to referee was really pathetic.

They should go home and watch the replay on MOTD tonight as they have really embarrassed themselves on this occasion :lol:
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39691
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Pokerkings wrote:I hope to dear God we stand up as Arsenal fans and voice the complete contempt as the Utd players roll out.

I hope the fans do the ponzan and turn the back on the guard of honour to show the board, and the manager, that we do not accept selling our best players to our rivals and then watching them win titles off the back of it. I hope the entire stadium does the ponzan!!

This is not about showing class or respect for the champions, if it was, i'd be watching cricket or golf instead. I'm sick of Arsenal fans accepting mediocrity. It's about time we showed some bollocks as fans and gave the club, who we supply the £3.3million per home game something to think about.

Sometimes you have to expect losing a big player to a top club. But for us as fans to watch season after season of our best players being sold off once they reach the level we need them to be, and our manager declaring that "I knew selling Van Persie to Utd would win them the title" is completely unacceptable. Then, to expect us to sit there and applaud that is taking the pisss.

This is why our fans should turn our backs on the guard of honour, not to be disrespectful for the sake of it but to show we aren't happy with the way the club is being managed, that making money over winning is the clear priority at Arsenal under this manager and board.

I don't care if today's game we come across as **** at least that'll give us some much needed personality! I'd sooner that then watch our manager hugging Van Persie at half time like he did at Old Trafford, or watching our players swap shirts like Santos did! hell, why don't we just cheer Utd to bang in another 8 goals against us! clap and cheer them off the pitch! Our fans of today are embarrassing enough as it is at home, this afternoon needs to be about showing some pride for Arsenal football club.


I agree 100% and i am not being sarcastic!

There is only so much the fans should be able to take and i think the way fergie runs things in terms of selling player is the way to be. Especially for a manager like Wenger who actually develops the players to the ability they are ,fergie just buys the best player around and hasn't even developed the players he refuses to let go.

ANyway on to the game.

Sagna ffs! sell this player ,his downward slide is astonishing to me. Once probably the best right back in the league and now he puts in performance that the wort right back in the championship would hold his head in same for. To be honest i don;t know how he stayed on the pitch strategically and legally! If Dowd had any guilt reflexes about that diabolical 4-4 game against Newcastle he showed it in this game. Some dodgy tackles on both sides but the yellow card stats at the and of the game didn't reflect what went on on the pitch for me. Koscielny had a very good game for me ,maybe even man of the match ,even though Arsenal pretty much bossed this game.
I think this game also showed why Carrick being considered for player of the year is an absolute joke ,he has never controlled any game against the better teams so what the hell is everyone talking about. Arsenal pretty much made him look exactly what players of his stature should look like, sloth like.

NOt really happy with a draw given how crap Arsenal made Man u look. Rooney's passing was atrocious they were very little threat due to the pressure Arsenal put on the ball. Think we missed Giroud funnily enough ,because there was some decent balls into the box ,none of which came from probably the worst crossing right back in the league Sagna.
STill a very close race for the 4th spot and the only good thing is that our two rival play each other.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:06 pm

t is typical the way Arsenal were the better team for most of the game and yet Man Utd could have won it at the end with Giggs shot , the Walcott goal was marginally offside perhaps but Sagna bringing down Van Persie was just so clumsy ...Sagna has now been a shadow of the player he was for some time now ..I hope he does leave at the end of the season ...need someone fresh who is hungry to play..like Sagna once was .

The other chance we had when Ramsey had the ball and Walcott was flailing his arms like a lunatic ...I just cannot believe he did not see Walcott ...what a simple tap in it would have been ...

So we are still facing a final day battle for a Champions League place it seems ..
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Seamus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 pm

RVP didn't celebrate after scoring the penalty and applauded the Arsenal fans who were jeering him - class act!.
User avatar
Seamus
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm
Location: Scottish Highlands

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 pm

yeah...he should have got a better reception than he did , he gave what was it.. 8 years to Arsenal ...that loyalty should have been respected by the home fans .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests