Wigan v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Wigan v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Wigan saw their Premier League status deepen with a 2-0 defeat by West Ham at Upton Park ...despite plenty of play and some good chances the finishing was not up to scratch and now Roberto Martinez must cojure another end of season miracle ...he said after the game the defeat was hard to explain .

West Ham scored 2 ...Wigan scored 0 ....see Roberto ...easy !

Tottenham moved right back into the Champions League picture with an amazing 3-1 win against Man City ...this was after going 1-0 behind ..3 goals in 7 mins turned the game on its head and left Tottenham just a point behind Chelsea and 2 pts behind 3rd place Arsenal ...but...with a game in hand .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Spurs should win this game easily especially now that Bale is back in the team while Wigan may have their minds on the cup final.

Wigan 0-3 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Line ups

WIGAN:
Robles, Kone, McCarthy, Maloney, Gomez, McManaman, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa, Scharner...

Subs: Al Habsi, Caldwell, Watson, Di Santo, Henriquez, Espinoza, Stam.

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris, Dempsey, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Parker, Bale, Naughton, Defoe, Dembele, Dawson, Walker...

Subs: Friedel, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Assou-Ekotto, Caulker, Carroll.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm

HT

Wigan 1-1 Tottenham

Bale 9'

Boyce 11'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:21 pm

FT

Wigan 2-2 Tottenham
0-1 Bale 9’
1-1 Boyce 11’
2-1 McManaman 49’
2-2 Boyce 89’ (o.g.)

Spurs fail to move back into the top 4 while Wigan remain in the bottom 3 after todays match.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Well typical Spurs to beat the champions one week and scrap a lucky draw with a relegation haunted side the next! I'm relieved to get a point in the end, but frustrated that we are no longer in control of our destiny again. A win today would have put some real pressure on Arsenal and Chelsea.
Oh well, another gut churning meeting with Chelsea next week........

Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Much to the dismay of so called neutral British footballing establishment and it's moronic followers ,Spurs fail to take their chance to go above Arsenal. Going into this match i thought everything was on their side ,even though months before i predicted Arsenal to finish in 3rd place. It's not done and dusted yet by any means ,and i thought with Defoe and Bale coming back and the win over Man city ,they looked a dead vert to make the champions league .Now they amy have an injury to Dembele to add to the loss in confidence after this outing.

If WIgan survive another relegation fight i'll be shocked! They played the best i have seen them all season long. And in particular McManaman a player who is not my cup of tea was man of the match. Why martinez took him off was baffling ,absolutely baffling. But yeah the 3 Mc's forWigan were immense in tis game!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Learning » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 am

Spurs at it again :P Although Wigan played for their lives in order to avoid relegation... still, seems like AVB still unable to fix Spurs' old problem :P
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am

What a balls up between Figueroa and the Wigan keeper for the 1st goal! Why didn't he just blast it clear instead of passing back to the keeper? :lol:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 am

I just saw this article about Parker at Spurs, whether he should be dropped. I know Hams u r a fan of him and Im sure some of the Spurs and West Ham fans will have an opinion. Has he really dipped or just struggling to fit in AVB's tactics?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... D=HP_TS_14
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 am

That Tottenham equaliser was extremely important - for the Toon!!! :) :) :)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:46 am

Learning wrote:I just saw this article about Parker at Spurs, whether he should be dropped. I know Hams u r a fan of him and Im sure some of the Spurs and West Ham fans will have an opinion. Has he really dipped or just struggling to fit in AVB's tactics?

Parker is only filling in for Sandro anyway,once he's back Parker will be keeping the bench warm or playing elsewhere...Parker is looking old which is a shame as he's a top class professional
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Learning » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Learning wrote:I just saw this article about Parker at Spurs, whether he should be dropped. I know Hams u r a fan of him and Im sure some of the Spurs and West Ham fans will have an opinion. Has he really dipped or just struggling to fit in AVB's tactics?

Parker is only filling in for Sandro anyway,once he's back Parker will be keeping the bench warm or playing elsewhere...Parker is looking old which is a shame as he's a top class professional

Yep I remember he started well after his move, and its surprising to learn hes dropped off so soon...
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Conner99 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 pm

a game that could have been a real boost for Wigan , instead Tottenham salvage a point at the death . It was a horrendous error to allow Bale to score .....very poor defending , Wigan really have it all to do no .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League