Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund - 30th April

Real Madrid beat rivals Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the final in Lisbon to finally win La Decima after all this time.

Moderator: Moderators

Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund - 30th April

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:47 am

Borussia Dortmund beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the 1st leg with Robert Lewandowski scoring all 4 of their goals.

Any comments or predictions for the 2nd leg?

Jose Mourinho's side need to win the game 3-0 and hope that their German opponents don't score an away goal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Did you know that only one team has managed to overturn a 4-1 deficit after the
first leg of a Champions League knockout game – it was Deportivo La Coruna against AC Milan
in the quarter-finals of the 2003/04 campaign. They won 4-0 at the Riazor in the second leg.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 pm

:lol: ..i dreamed tonight, that Real won this game 8-0!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

..i doubt this one will come true... but I just have to mention it, for the case that it does :lol:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Tipster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 pm

While Borussia Dortmund have an excellent team, so do Real Madrid. Dortmund at home is a likely win, while Madrid at home is another likely win.

It's hard to not see Dortmund score, but Real now know what they have to do, and could easily come out and show the world what they're made of. Same with Mourinho - He's currently the second best manager in the world, and potentially the best. So, I wouldn't write them off just yet.

I've had a £20 bet at 4/1 (now 3/1) for MADRID TO QUALIFY, and I feel quite optimistic about it.

A score of 4-1 is more acceptable.

HIGUAIN, MODRIC, Ronaldo, and Khedira with the goals.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 pm

I think if Madrid can successfully contain the impressive Gotze and Reus then they may have a chance
of suppressing Dortmund's rapid counter attacks. Although I have a sneaky feeling Dortmund's defence
will win this for them,Hummels and Subotic just look so solid,both are quality defenders.

Madrid 2 Dortmund 1
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Learning » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Looool...

Funny isnt it, Real still getting the highly favoured...

So Tipster, who do u think is the best manager?
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Real Madrid 1-2 Dortmund
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Line ups

REAL MADRID:
Diego Lopez, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Essien, Modric, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Higuain....

Subs: Casillas, Pepe, Albiol, Khedira, Kaka, Benzema, Morata.

BORUSSIA DORTMUND:
Weidenfeller, Subotic, Hummels, Piszczek, Schmelzer, Bender, Gundogan, Goetze, Reus, Blaszczykowski, Lewandowski...

Subs: Langerak, Felipe Santana, Kehl, Leitner, Nuri Sahin, Grosskreutz, Schieber.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:35 pm

..no prediction from specnur :cry:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

HT - I've seen the worst display by Borussia Dortmund in this Champions League season so far...

They play as if they have a 4-1 lead, but they should play as if it is just 0-0...
Just defending usually isn't their style of playing...

Dortmund's best players so far are Lewandowski, who is still dangerous at any time.... Hummels who had a perfect defensive performance so far... and of course - Weidenfeller... he's the only reason for the clean sheet Dortmund has kept into the break..

Respect to Howard Webb and the refs... they have been correct almost everytime, except that he doesn't gave Ramos a yellow card yet... I've seen enough elbow checks by him...
Last edited by Simply on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby redpelt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

The start of the first half saw Madrid completely dominate proceedings ,but I think Dortmund
have pretty much stifled the life out of Alonso and co in the last 20 mins ,Bender has been
particularly impressive ,and Hummel's as predicted has been a colossus at the back.

Expecting a similar onslaught from Madrid at the start of the second ,but Dortmund again
to pass the ball simply and effectively thus quelling the potency of Madrid's midfield .

Good game though.....I do however think Dortmund need to get Reus on the ball more if
they're to give Madrid problems,as so far they haven't utilised his blistering pace ,and he
could prove a match winner on the counter .
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Madrid unlucky not to have pulled that off ,looked far more inventive with Benzema
on the field ,but in truth they deserved to lose it for their lack of effort in the first
leg in Dortmund.

Congratulations Dortmund and Klopp
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 pm

FT

Real Madrid 2-0 Borussia Dortmund - (3-4)
1-0 Benzema 82’
2-0 Ramos 88’

Congrats to Dortmund for making it through to the CL final at Wembley.

Any comments on tonights 2nd leg?

If Real Madrid had taken some of those early chances in the opening 20 minutes they could be the ones celebrating.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:13 pm

actually this was a quite good game in the end I think :D

... Real Madrid absolutely dominated the first 20 minutes of the game and also the time after their first goal...
Dortmund could have decided it more than once in the 2nd half, but Dortmund's players wasted their chances again :lol:

...I'm glad Dortmund won the tie.. in my opinion more than deserved after all...

Let's see who follows tomorow...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Learning » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:16 pm

What a tense finish! And credit to Real, they gave their all, and could have even gone through. But overall, Dortmund were in control, it was just frantic in the end and goes to show momentum and luck, strange football world works :D

And a big thing for me is that Mourinho have failed to take eal beyond the semis and will leave Real WAhahahaha :D His look today like a lost man not slept in a week full of stress. Him complaining to the ref and even to Klopp was priceless. Post match he said he wants to be at a club where he is liked, so he will surely leave, but wonder which club he will get liked? Chelsea maybe? Hah!

For the game, Gozte off after 10 mins was huge and everything going, almost Real was getting the luck enough to go through, lucky not! Lewand was class again, and Ramos keep elbowing his face was typical Real.

Real improved much more overall, Di Maria and Modric, no Khedira, they gambled a lot. And typical Mourinho gambled even more in the final 30 mins or so with 3 defenders and 5 attackers Lol!

Im really impressed by Dortmund, and glad that Real are out :D

I think Barca will show up tomorrow as well enough to go through or not.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Conaldinho » Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am

Thought it was a very strange game, even with 10 minutes left and Dortmund 3 goals up there was serious tension and everyone was just waiting for the inevitable goal to see what would happen next. Too little too late for Real in the end though strange how these sort of games always seem to go down to the wire, everyone just knew it was going to happen

A decent performance from Dortmund, Hummels and Subotic were great at the back though I thought they were poor in possession and far too lethargic and conservative in the 2nd half when they had a real chance to put the tie to bed. Much better from Real and they were unlucky with all the chances they created but Dortmund deserved it more after the 1st leg thrashing
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Simply » Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 am

Learning wrote:Lewand was class again, and Ramos keep elbowing his face was typical Real.

..I was surprised how Lewandowski could keep control over himself after all..
Sky Germany just showed many replays, where Ramos elbowed or slapped Lewandowski again and again... but he kept a cool head and almost even scored.. good display tonight, I agree...

..as I just said after the first half.. Weidenfeller, Hummels and Lewandowski were very strong tonight...

..but Real Madrid also proved their quality and that they deserverd to be in the semi finals..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby tangman » Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 am

Congratulations to Dortmund. They deserved to go through simply because of their performance in the 1st leg. Madrid must be rueing their performance in the same match. Though Madrid were very unlucky not to score 3/2 goals in the 1st half. I was surprised with cr7 missing that goal, usually he would have just placed it and Ozil bad miss. I think he should have passed to Higuain instead of going for glory. Even if Madrid had scored just a goal from the 3 chances in the first half the game would have been different.
Mourinho may be leaving Madrid, it seems like that; I feel that Madrid will be poorer because of it. He came to Madrid when they had lost all belief in themselves, their reputations in tatters. After he took over he made RM became a different team, a team with confidence and pride. He managed then when Barca were at their peak adn managed tothem well. It'll be sad to see Mou leaving under such circumstances.
tangman
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Well done to ITV for their latest balls up during last nights TV coverage.

When they were interviewing Mourinho at the end of the game they had to cut it short with the special one in mid sentence to go to the 10pm news.

I'm sure they could have delayed it for a couple of minutes so we could finish hearing what the Real Madrid boss had to say.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed May 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Congratulations to Dortmund for exiting the glamour team ,because that's ALL real madrid are pure glamour.
They haven't even made a final for 10 year ,yet no doubt when next season comes around they will again be touted by the press as this behemoth to fear! They were beaten by a team that has less ability ,but more soul. Grounded about their own ability and utilized mental superiority to the fullest . It was a good day for football in my eyes ,not that i think this loss will put a dent into the ego or the girl-scout like fandom that comes with following this overrated La liga team.

How Ramos got away with what he did is beyond me ,not saying that every incident was a legitimate claim for sanction ,but he should have see a red card for blatant and consistent fouling of Lewandowski.
If this years Champions league final tells us anything it is what i have been saying all along ,how overrated La liga is and how people hold teams to higher regard on name value alone. Let this be lesson to and remember Specnur told so years ago! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League