Barcelona v Bayern Munich - 1st May

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Barcelona v Bayern Munich - 1st May

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

Bayern Munich beat Barcelona 4-0 in the 1st leg at the Allianz arena in a tremendous display of football.

Any comments or predictions for the 2nd leg?

Is it all over or can Barca if Lionel Messi and his other team mates are at their best give it a real go at the Nou camp?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Bren10 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:12 pm

All over really.
It would be a stretch if we were in form but were out of sorts and ill be happy if we don't get beat tonight.
Bren10

Postby specnur » Wed May 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I won't be able to watch this ,as i will be on grueling 14 hour flight to Japan!
Gutted really , because i think Barca will come out blazing like you have never seen them before. They are basically challenged to put forth a better effort than REal madrid did last night so we should expect goals galore. The only problem for Barca is that it will be goals at both ends.I think we may see some of the darker Barca players in this one ,as they are more proficient defensively. Those namely being Song and Abidal (if he's fit). It's games like this that Barca have to play them if they want to win and let the least amount of goals in their net. Song as we saw in the premiership can also help in attack which is why Barca went for him i am guessing.

Barca 3 Bayern 2
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Line ups

Barcelona:
Valdes, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Adriano, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Pedro, Villa;

Subs: Pinto, Montoya, Thiago, Jonathan dos Santos, Sanchez, Messi, Tello

Bayern:
Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Van Buyten, Alaba, Javi Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Mueller, Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic;

Subs - Starke, Dante, Tymoshchuk, Shaqiri, Rafinha, Luiz Gustavo, Gomez
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Lionel Messi is not fit enough to start so only has a place on the bench.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Wed May 01, 2013 8:39 pm

What a beautiful game so far :D
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 8:40 pm

HT

Barcelona 0-0 Bayern
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Its all over!

Barca 0-1 Bayern

Robben with a cracker at the start of the 2nd half.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Wed May 01, 2013 9:01 pm

yup.. this tie is over..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conaldinho » Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

7-0 :lol:
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

FT

Barcelona 0-3 Bayern Munich (0-7)
0-1 Robben 48'
0-2 Piqué 72’ (o.g.)
0-3 Müller 76’

Any comments on tonights result?!!

This was the biggest European aggregate defeat ever suffered by Barcelona.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Brings much sadness to me, I couldnt even bear watching the game.

The on thing clear after this game is, Tito has to go, hes not up to the pressure and his incompetence in such a situation is shown. Not playing Messi at all, and not changing any strats to surprise, just nothing but plain old sticking to the one dimensional game is just so disappointing and I guess its clear what hes made of, and I think it is just not good enough for Barca. I hope we let him go with all due respect, thank you, but we need to move on.

Hopefully we can find someone we is fresh and can bring more to the club and team instead of just sticking to the one dimensional play we have stubbornly stick to for so long despite encountering so many problems.

Bayern vs Dortmund all German final, what an epic game that will be.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Congrats to Bayern Munich for a fantastic display over 2 legs and for humiliating Barcelona.

They now meet Borussia Dortmund in an all German final at Wembley stadium in London in May.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Learning » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

I think Tito was cowardly to be honest, we should of done something and tried something when we just didnt.
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby eaman » Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 pm

too many players out and too many off form. need a centre back in the summer. need villa and pedro back to their best. that was a big problem this year. those two not playing like they did in 10/11. need the proper mvp back
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I've seen many trashings from Bayern lately..
the truth is: you kind of get used to it, if you watch the Bundesliga every weekend this season....

..but I'm completely shocked, that Bayern Munich was able to do this to Barcelona too...
..incredible
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Learning » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 am

Well its not too surprising that they can beat us, just not this badly. They have been on a top level for a long time and espcially this season.... also the trend should continue for a few years....
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Bren10 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Pitiful.
Both on and off the pitch.
Can understand Messi not starting, it was never worth risking next season on the impossible. Taking off Xavi and Iniesta after the goal was pretty much quitting. What a disgrace to the fans who had paid to see that crap. Bayern were alright but did nothing of note, again we failed to show up and again Tito failed in a big game.
Im disappointed in the players performance from the start and the managers once the goal went in.
We have to start selling off the dead wood now.
Alves isn't good enough anymore, leaves more space than he creates and with Montoya and Adriano in the ranks id be happy to let him go. Villa is not the same after the leg break and will no doubt be sold, whilst big question marks remain against Cesc, Pique and Pedro, wouldn't be surprised to see one go in the summer.
Zubizarreta has a big summer and Rosell will need to rely on this and Tito having a good season if he wants a second term.
Given the previous attempts though I wouldn't rule out those three positions being filled by others next year.
Bren10

Postby specnur » Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Simply wrote:I've seen many trashings from Bayern lately..
the truth is: you kind of get used to it, if you watch the Bundesliga every weekend this season....

..but I'm completely shocked, that Bayern Munich was able to do this to Barcelona too...
..incredible

Why are you surprised!
I have been telling you for years that Barca can get got at and that defensively they are incredibly overrated . There were a couple of things that made that all so evident in this tie though 1) They were up against a team Bayern who had just come off of an heartbreaking loss in front of their own fans last year and were incredibly motivated,2) Bayern play with a focus couple with quick countering wingers that exploit Barca's very weakness.

I said the Barca reign was over and that the moniker best team ever assembled even only months ago in the press was an absolute joke,now you have this.

Also also said what would Barca be like without Messi, and every Barca nuthugger on here tried to say they had good enough players coming in of the bench. I said that was absolute bollox back then and you witnessed it for yourself last night. Keep dreaming! Make no mistake Barca play the best attacking football on the planet ,but relying on their attack as a way of defending just isn't cutting it .Pep saw that wasn't working before he left and that's why he bolted.
So don't fool yourself into thinking that this barca drop off was dramatic the majority of the team that have beaten barca in the last few years were from outside of la liga ,that should tell you something.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Thu May 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I never thought I'd see the day when Barca would finish such an important match without either Messi,Xavi or Iniesta in the team!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League