Liverpool v Everton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Everton

Postby Conner99 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Liverpool enjoyed a 6-0 romp against Newcastle at St James Park , and all without golden boy Luis Suarez currently serving a 10 match ban for his chomping episode against Chelsea , manager Brendan Rodgers was proud of his players after a difficult week for the club , he said "It has been a difficult week as a group and club. It's a great victory on the back of a difficult week."

Everton beat Fulham 1-0 at Goodison Park to keep their european hopes alive ...manager David Moyes commented after the game about the chances of a Europa League place .."We will try to keep it going until the end of the season and if we do get in Europe we will have certainly earned it because the sides above us are all good sides."

Liverpool are currently in 7th place ..5 pts behind Everton in 6th , a win against their merseyside rivals could revive their hopes of pinching a Europa League place from their neighbours ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 am

Did you know that Everton have only won one of their last 12 Premier League Merseyside derbies (D4 L7).

The Reds could still finish above the Toffees in the table but must win this game to stand any chance of doing so.

Liverpool 2-1 Everton
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I'm stuck in between with this one...

I obviously want Liverpool to beat Everton,but as i have said before i don't want to finish 6th and go into the Europa League....i think Rodgers needs a full season with all his concentration being on the league....then if we still don't get anywhere near 4th then has no excuses.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:I'm stuck in between with this one...

I obviously want Liverpool to beat Everton,but as i have said before i don't want to finish 6th and go into the Europa League....i think Rodgers needs a full season with all his concentration being on the league....then if we still don't get anywhere near 4th then has no excuses.

I like the Europa League very much, even though it may cost us a place in the PL next season.

But I fully respect that we don't all agree about everything, and if you don't want Liverpool to be in the EL, then that is your choice.

But enjoy the derby, and good luck. :)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 am

This will be Jaime Carragher's last Merseyside derby with him set to to retire and become a pundit on Sky Sports.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Line ups

Liverpool:
Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge.

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Shelvey, Borini, Assaidi, Coates, Suso.

Everton:
Howard, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, Mirallas, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellaini, Anichebe.

Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Duffy.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Liverpool fans on the Kop will unveil a tribute before kick off to Everton to thank them for their support since the Hillsborough disaster.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 pm

HT

Liverpool 0-0 Everton

Poor 1st half with neither side managing a shot on target.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 pm

FT

Liverpool 0-0 Everton

Very poor derby

Everton didn;t have a shot on target.

Distin header should not have been ruled out as nobody fouled Reina.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm

It was a dull affair ,no disguising that ,but one player who stood head and shoulders
above the rest was Philippe Coutinho. I honestly believe we have an absolute world
class player on our books,even Gerrard's passionate performance today was put in the
shade by the little Brazilian.

On another note just how many well placed elbows is the afro'd one permitted to jab
into players faces ? Its just I was under the impression he was gradually working his
way through the entire team and Oliver would have gladly let him.

Jagielka was immense at the back for the bitterz ,and he definitely stopped two clear
goals ,some of his blocks and interceptions were outstanding. Everton hada bona fide
goal chalked off for an infringement ,but then with one shot on target I don't believe
they deserved the three points.

Far too many players were way below standard today ,and albeit from Coutinho
Gerrard and Henderson the rest really need to drop their heads in shame ,I thought
Johnson in particular was abysmal. Sturridge is a good player ,but when he's bad
he can stink the place out ,his first touch today was appalling.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby BMJ » Mon May 06, 2013 8:35 am

Good intensity but bad football by both sides.

Coutinho is a player to look out for next season. However with his great performances comes greater scrutiny from opposition defenders. We'll see how he fares with that extra attention.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon May 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Suarez was denied a clear goal at Goodison so Everton's goal yesterday evened things up..

As Redpelt said too many players had their minds on their holidays apart from Coutinho,Gerrard and Henderson...Everton were happy with a point and they got it ensuring they finish above us again.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Mon May 06, 2013 4:20 pm

BMJ wrote:Good intensity but bad football by both sides.

Coutinho is a player to look out for next season. However with his great performances comes greater scrutiny from opposition defenders. We'll see how he fares with that extra attention.

Well yesterday the bitterz paid him due respect ,and afforded him three players solely to close
in and deny him space ,yet he still acquitted himself remarkably well with some simply exquisite
through balls for Sturridge ...

I believe the intelligence of some players go up a level ,when as you suggested they're placed
under greater scrutiny from opposing teams ..... Coutinho is one such player ,and if we opt
for players who possess the same level of game intelligence to share the pitch with the lad
then our propensity to be stifled in midfield will be a thing of the past.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:25 pm

it looks like your wish has come true ...but to be honest I don't think you should be thinking like that , Brendan Rodgers was brought in with the aim of making Liverpool great again ...whatever competition it is ..he should have the players to cope in any competition , but he has not had a good first season ....beaten in the League Cup by Swansea ...knocked out of the FA Cup by Oldham , and lost on away goals to FC Zenit St Petersburg in the Europa League .

It will all depend on who Rodgers brings in or sells during the summer ...if Liverpool fail to compete with the top 6 in the Premier League next season then he will be on very thin ice and his bold new vision for Liverpool may be over before it has begun ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon May 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Conner99 wrote:

it looks like your wish has come true ...but to be honest I don't think you should be thinking like that , Brendan Rodgers was brought in with the aim of making Liverpool great again ...whatever competition it is ..he should have the players to cope in any competition , but he has not had a good first season ....beaten in the League Cup by Swansea ...knocked out of the FA Cup by Oldham , and lost on away goals to FC Zenit St Petersburg in the Europa League .

It will all depend on who Rodgers brings in or sells during the summer ...if Liverpool fail to compete with the top 6 in the Premier League next season then he will be on very thin ice and his bold new vision for Liverpool may be over before it has begun ..

I love the Europa League, and I wish Chelsea hadn't made such a bloody pig's ear of their CL campaign since they, and their money, are ruining this year's competition. Year after year, the clubs who have won the Europa League have had fans who were absolutely delighted. Chelsea fans will be happy, but not delirious, the way the Europa League winners usually are.

But the sentence which I have highlighted really pisses me off. Telling people what how they should think??? My goodness, that makes my blood boil.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon May 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Conner99 wrote:

The team we have now is relatively young so to play in the Europa League would only distract us and take our focus away from our number one aim which is the league...once we have an established team then we should concentrate and build from there....Mrtz said it a few times last season that Rodgers is building the foundation and now it's time to build on it in the league next season.

On another note though we may end up qualifying anyway through the fair play league.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue May 07, 2013 10:33 am

Liverpool have a big enough squad to cope with playing in the Europa League,The PL and both domestic cups!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:25 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Conner99 wrote:

I love the Europa League, and I wish Chelsea hadn't made such a bloody pig's ear of their CL campaign since they, and their money, are ruining this year's competition. Year after year, the clubs who have won the Europa League have had fans who were absolutely delighted. Chelsea fans will be happy, but not delirious, the way the Europa League winners usually are.

But the sentence which I have highlighted really pisses me off. Telling people what how they should think??? My goodness, that makes my blood boil.

ok....calm down , calm down , you are actually right though ....what I think is not perhaps what other fans think , every fan has their own way of thinking about their club and how it is run ...i should not be berating them for thinking like that so i shall try to remember that in future .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue May 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Hams wrote:Liverpool have a big enough squad to cope with playing in the Europa League,The PL and both domestic cups!

And we suffered this season in the league by concentrating too much on the Europa League....i'd be more than happy to not be in the Europa and have full concentration on the league....have a strong crack at breaking the top 4 and then build from there...
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue May 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Conner99 wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Conner99 wrote:

ok....calm down , calm down , you are actually right though ....what I think is not perhaps what other fans think , every fan has their own way of thinking about their club and how it is run ...i should not be berating them for thinking like that so i shall try to remember that in future .

Haha :) Okay. But you shouldn't take me too seriously ;)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League