Fulham v Liverpool - 12th May

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Fulham v Liverpool - 12th May

Postby Hams » Fri May 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Fulham lost their last game 4-2 at home to Reading and have now suffered 4 defeats in a row in the league.

Liverpool could only draw their last match 0-0 with Everton in the Merseyside derby and will probably only finish 7th in the table

It has been announced that both Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard will be missing the final 2 fixtures as they need operations.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun May 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Line ups

Fulham
Schwarzer,Riether.Hughes,Hangeland,Richardson,Karagounis,Enoh,Kacaniklic,Duff,Ruiz,Berbatov

Subs - Petric,Emanuelson,Rodallega,Frimpong,Riise,Senderos,Etheridge

Liverpool
Reina,Johnson,Carragher,Wisdom,Coates,Lucas,Henderson,Shelvey,Downing,Coutinho,Sturridge

Subs - B.Jones, José Enrique,Assaidi,Borini,Coady,Suso,L. Jones
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 12, 2013 4:05 pm

HT

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool

Berbatov 33'

Sturridge 36’
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun May 12, 2013 5:06 pm

FT

Fulham 1-3 Liverpool
1-0 Berbatov 33’
1-1 Sturridge 36’
1-2 Sturridge 62'
1-3 Sturridge 85’

Daniel Sturridge with a hat trick to take his tally to 11 league goals this season which is his best ever total.

Liverpool finish below Everton in the table for a 2nd season in a row.

Any comments on todays match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 am

Fulham really should have been awarded a penalty when the score was 1-1 for a blatant hand ball!

Also whats with the Liverpool fans letting off flares in the away end? I think its dangerous and those responsible should be banned.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am

Liverpool were exceptional in the second half ,and if not for an inspired performance from
Mark Schwharzer the reds would have run up a cricket score. Sturridge and Coutinho in
particular were in blistering form,and soon we will be talking about Coutinho as being one
of the very best to ever wear the red of Liverpool.....Yes he's that good.

I thought Coates had a solid game ,and looked like a very capable defender,at least to
cope with the loss of Carragher in the summer. Young Wisdom was ball watching for
Fulham's goal ,but he's young and will no doubt learn.

Overall I think Rodgers is finally settling in to the job well ,and at last we break a Premiership
record for the right reasons .......One that doesn't involve Downing for once :D

Last word goes to our travelling fans who were in fine voice ,and Pepe Reina who pulled off
some remarkable stops to keep us in the ascendancy.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Totally agree mate...i am actually gobsmacked at how good Coutinho really is...what were Inter thinking :lol:

The lad is the number 10 we have been missing for years,his passing and how easy he does it is breathtaking..

Seeing him have a full season now he's settled in is very exciting

What a player!
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Totally agree mate...i am actually gobsmacked at how good Coutinho really is...what were Inter thinking :lol:

The lad is the number 10 we have been missing for years,his passing and how easy he does it is breathtaking..

Seeing him have a full season now he's settled in is very exciting

What a player!

I think a few vineyards in Tuscany were drained that day mate ,I expect copious amounts
of Chianti were necked whilst they mulled over that one. :lol:

Brushed with genius is a phrase often used with little care or value ,but in this lads case
it has been completely validated in the few games he has wore the red of Liverpool.

Coutinho is truly blessed with a skill few footballers possess ,the ability to make fans
jaws drop in unison whilst making such beautiful fluency look so ridiculously easy.

We have ourselves a player there mate ,we have ourselves a genuine reason for optimism.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm

It's vital we start making huge progress then mate and get into the champions league before Barca come knocking...he's young enough and certainly good enough to be a Barca player one day...

we need to keep him desperately as like you say he has potential to be a Liverpool great.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:It's vital we start making huge progress then mate and get into the champions league before Barca come knocking...he's young enough and certainly good enough to be a Barca player one day...

we need to keep him desperately as like you say he has potential to be a Liverpool great.

I trust Rodger's to get the team looking as strong in all areas next season mate,I'm also looking
forward to see the Joe Allen we seen when he first signed for the reds ,reinvigorated after the
injury he was carrying. I have a sneaky feeling he will relish playing in the same team as Coutinho
and I think the abuse he has received from some quarters of the fan base has been a touch harsh.

It was only the start of the season when he was lauded on the Kop for his quick incisive passing
and his ability to find a reds player even when it seemed space was limited.

I have a feeling Allen will be a key player for us next season mate,and he's exactly the type of player
our young Brazilian will thrive even further playing alongside ..... Just a hunch mind,but I hope Rodgers
puts him under a strict training regime to gain some bulk ,and I think we could see a very different player.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm

That's the most obvious challenge Coutinho has. Skill aside, he still looks very lightweight compared to everyone around him. He doesn't have Sterling's speed to get him away from defenders so he'll want to bulk up a bit to be able to push back if needed.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 pm

mrtz wrote:That's the most obvious challenge Coutinho has. Skill aside, he still looks very lightweight compared to everyone around him. He doesn't have Sterling's speed to get him away from defenders so he'll want to bulk up a bit to be able to push back if needed.

South American players are renowned for having a low centre of gravity ,this makes
them extremely difficult to knock off the ball. I believe from what I have seen from
close quarters, Coutinho certainly has enough strength and power to ease the concerns
about his slight frame. Allen on the other hand is relatively easy to dispossess with a
mere shoulder barge,and that's why I recommended him for intensive weight training.

Sterling is indeed rapid ,but has a less than developed sense of positioning ,or for that
matter an understanding where his team mates are on the pitch. He puts his head down
when he runs, and frequently loses the ball when in advantageous positions.

One word that stands out in relation to Sterling is 'frustrating'. Coutinho has been an
absolute joy to watch since his signing and I would love Rodgers to construct a team
specifically built to pander to his obvious strengths.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Yes, but if Coutinho comes at the business end of a Shawcross bump, he will have some problems. If he could get the proportions that Suarez has for height to weight, that would be ideal.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Coutinho basket, really. He's been fantastic, but we still need to be a Suarez-centric team. He would be a good complement too it, but I would be hesitant to form any conclusions about him until I see him boss some of the more imposing midfields and defenses in the league. He's definitely one of the better signings recently, but judging by a lot of chatter going around Liverpool fans are more than ready to build his statue.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 pm

mrtz wrote:Yes, but if Coutinho comes at the business end of a Shawcross bump, he will have some problems. If he could get the proportions that Suarez has for height to weight, that would be ideal.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Coutinho basket, really. He's been fantastic, but we still need to be a Suarez-centric team. He would be a good complement too it, but I would be hesitant to form any conclusions about him until I see him boss some of the more imposing midfields and defenses in the league. He's definitely one of the better signings recently, but judging by a lot of chatter going around Liverpool fans are more than ready to build his statue.

He acquitted himself well against the biggest yard dogs in the Premier league when we played Everton
recently,it was that performance that quelled the anxieties you yourself speak of. As for a Shawcross
bump I seriously doubt there is few players in the Prem who wouldn't wince on that contact.

We only build statues for managers mate ,unless there's a few been thrown up in America that we
aren't aware of :wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm

redpelt wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:It's vital we start making huge progress then mate and get into the champions league before Barca come knocking...he's young enough and certainly good enough to be a Barca player one day...

I trust Rodger's to get the team looking as strong in all areas next season mate,I'm also looking
forward to see the Joe Allen we seen when he first signed for the reds ,reinvigorated after the
injury he was carrying. I have a sneaky feeling he will relish playing in the same team as Coutinho
and I think the abuse he has received from some quarters of the fan base has been a touch harsh.

It was only the start of the season when he was lauded on the Kop for his quick incisive passing

I have a feeling Allen will be a key player for us next season mate,and he's exactly the type of player
our young Brazilian will thrive even further playing alongside ..... Just a hunch mind,but I hope Rodgers
puts him under a strict training regime to gain some bulk ,and I think we could see a very different player.

Totally agree about Allen,when he first joined he looked neat and tidy and linked our midfield perfectly but lack of confidence shattered him and we saw him dwell on the ball often and then his passes became more obvious back to Reina etc...but i'm too looking forward to the link up with Coutinho...two neat and quick minded players who should gel perfectly...then Suarez just in front of them....

That does sound good.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
redpelt wrote:

Totally agree about Allen,when he first joined he looked neat and tidy and linked our midfield perfectly but lack of confidence shattered him and we saw him dwell on the ball often and then his passes became more obvious back to Reina etc...but i'm too looking forward to the link up with Coutinho...two neat and quick minded players who should gel perfectly...then Suarez just in front of them....

That does sound good.

I think Lucas's return robbed Allen of a familiar role in our midfield ,and when Rodgers utilised him
further up field he was forced to adapt his game to that of an attacking midfielder. I feel it was
far too soon for Joe to accommodate that role with any real efficiency ,let alone apply any form
of tenacity ..

So yes mate, I look forward to Joe returning from such much needed respite fully refreshed for
our pre season games.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 pm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQSSdd6t7A[/video][/quote]
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League