***Man City boss Roberto Mancini sacked***

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

***Man City boss Roberto Mancini sacked***

Postby Hams » Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Following Man City's 1-0 defeat by Wigan in the FA Cup final will Roberto Mancini be fired this week?

It has been reported that they have already done a deal to hire Manuel Pellegrini from Malaga as his replacement.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Learning » Mon May 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Latest looking very likely and very soon. Im glad that they lost the final if it means he will get sacked. Its amazing that hes been allowed to manage this club for this long so poorly...
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 pm

The latest news is that Mancini has just emerged from a hotel in London.

Meanwhile Malaga manager Pellegrini has denied that he has already agreed to become the next City boss.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Fair to say its been on the cards for a while. Im only surprised he was given the job in the first place. With that squad he should've won the league by the margin they lost it by. Going to cost Citeh an arm and a leg to pay him off though, hasn't he got four years left on a 6m a year deal?
Pellegrini is a good choice though, his work with Villareal, Madrid and Malaga was fantastic and im looking forward to seeing how he can get Citeh back on track.
Bren10

Postby Conner99 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Hams wrote:The latest news is that Mancini has just emerged from a hotel in London.

and..... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Mon May 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Some thanks after putting City back to relevancy after 6 thousand years.

High price of wealth.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon May 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:The latest news is that Mancini has just emerged from a hotel in London.

He didn't look very happy! :wink:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon May 13, 2013 6:59 pm

mrtz wrote:Some thanks after putting City back to relevancy after 6 thousand years.

High price of wealth.

I agree

Until Mancini came along City hadn't won anything since the 1970's?

Thats why I think most of their fans are happy with the job he has done.

It wasn't that long ago when they had fallen into the 3rd tier of English football.

I think Pellegrini has done a great job in Spain but not sure if he can repeat that success in England which is a better league.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Hams wrote:
Conner99 wrote:

He didn't look very happy! :wink:

......bad news I guess . :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

He should thank Man City for giving him the chance to put a Premier League title on his CV in a world where a surprising number of people overlook how much money managers spent to win it. If he moans, he's ungrateful.

By the way, Man City's owners won't have a clue what English newspapers are saying - they'll read Saudi newspapers.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 pm

so it is now official ...Man City have sacked Roberto Mancini for failing to achieve any of the clubs targets ...with the exception of Champions League qualification.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue May 14, 2013 12:17 am

Did you know its exactly a year to the day since Sergio Aguero fired in that last gasp winner to win City the title!

So were they right to sack Roberto Mancini?

Should we consider his time at the Blues to have been a success or failure?

It sounds like their owners at least expected to win the Champions League after all the money they have spent.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 am

next City manager = Rafa Benitez

You heard it first here 8)
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 am

Well, most people will remember that I said he should be a year or two ago.

I think I have been proved right.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:08 am

Not in the least bit surprising, lets be honest. Man City haven't handled the whole affair well, the board didn't give him the backing they should have. I hope he comes back with an Italian or Spanish club to knock them out of Europe next season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 am

Ridiculous knee jerk of epic proportions ....title winning manager sacked after not being
allowed to strengthen in the summer,you seriously couldn't make it up.

Yes,City seriously underachieved this season ,and were a veritable shadow of there former
selves,but to sack a manager who was coolness personified in the face of ferguson's mind
games last season, simply confirms the lack of patience in having silver spooned owners.

Hope this one comes back to bite them ,and leaves more teeth marks than Suarez.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 am

Its not all bad news for Mancini.

He will be paid £7 million in compensation!

He could also be the next manager of Monaco who have just won promotion back to the French 1st division.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 am

how many of those signings were actually his?

i like Mancini and dont doubt he had his work cut out with the amount of prats that infest the Man City dressing room. will be interesting to see how the SUmmer pans out for them now. a new manager will certainly want new faces and that should mean players heading for the exit door.

could spark quite a transfer merry go round now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue May 14, 2013 12:45 pm

redpelt wrote:Ridiculous knee jerk of epic proportions ....title winning manager sacked after not being

Yes,City seriously underachieved this season ,and were a veritable shadow of there former
selves,but to sack a manager who was coolness personified in the face of ferguson's mind
games last season, simply confirms the lack of patience in having silver spooned owners.

What a joke...

with the caliber of players City has there was no need to strengthen the team. They didn't lose any big players from the previous season and IMO the team was still stacked...quite simply the manager lost control of the dressing room, sold Balotelli for whatever reason, had falling outs with various players, and simply did not deliver the goods.

Truth be told I've never been a fan of Mancini but do commend him for bringing the title to city last year...with that said...it is difficult for any club to keep their manager who wins the biggest prize in the EPL in one season and then wins completely nothing the next...so for me....his sacking was justified.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
redpelt wrote:Ridiculous knee jerk of epic proportions ....title winning manager sacked after not being

What a joke...

with the caliber of players City has there was no need to strengthen the team. They didn't lose any big players from the previous season and IMO the team was still stacked...quite simply the manager lost control of the dressing room, sold Balotelli for whatever reason, had falling outs with various players, and simply did not deliver the goods.

Truth be told I've never been a fan of Mancini but do commend him for bringing the title to city last year...with that said...it is difficult for any club to keep their manager who wins the biggest prize in the EPL in one season and then wins completely nothing the next...so for me....his sacking was justified.

:D

I suggest you change your username as it hardly confirms you as a solid judge of character.

So speaking as a fan of Mancini,and from an obviously less pointed tangent than you
currently sit at ,I would simply reiterate Mancini should have been sufficiently backed
by the owners to the point of bringing in the reinforcements he requested .

Like I said prior to your intervention ,which could also be construed as intrusion when
taken into consideration your first line,which for some inane reason you seem to have
failed to validate with the rest of your hastily written retort. I can only assume that
your dislike for Mancini has coloured your rather curt riposte in relation to my post,so
for that reason I will give you the benefit of the doubt and move swiftly on. :arrow:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League